[Docker Request] PlexPy - Another Plex Monitoring Program

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As of right now those two Dockers are identical--I believe the top one above forked the bottom one. 

I installed one of them using the Docker Search plugin, and it really only required one change (so far)... adding 8181 to the port mapping (8180 was already mapped, but for some reason 8181 was the one to use).  I haven't had a chance to play with it too much yet, but it seems to be working so far!  Much smoother than trying to get PlexWatch to work within a Docker, and there's active development.  So this is a huge plus!

Edit: Hmm.  But now there's something in the Docker log about something else running on 8181.  Will require some more investigation.

I was able to install it but for some reason I could not run the update from plexpy. 

Failed to start on port: 8181. Is something else running?
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking to see if the database has all tables....
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - INFO :: MainThread : Retrieving latest version information from GitHub
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Requesting URL via GET method: https://api.github.com/repos/drzoidberg33/plexpy/commits/master
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Latest version is 96f48291e58d985dc622d92c24986a57b1b7992e
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - INFO :: MainThread : You are running an unknown version of PlexPy. Run the updater to identify your version
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - INFO :: MainThread : Using forced web server port: 8181
15-Jul-2015 22:05:26 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting PlexPy web server on http://0.0.0.0:8181/
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking to see if the database has all tables....
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - INFO :: MainThread : Retrieving latest version information from GitHub
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Requesting URL via GET method: https://api.github.com/repos/drzoidberg33/plexpy/commits/master
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Latest version is 96f48291e58d985dc622d92c24986a57b1b7992e
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - INFO :: MainThread : You are running an unknown version of PlexPy. Run the updater to identify your version
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - INFO :: MainThread : Using forced web server port: 8181
15-Jul-2015 22:05:28 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting PlexPy web server on http://0.0.0.0:8181/
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - INFO :: MainThread : Checking to see if the database has all tables....
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - INFO :: MainThread : Retrieving latest version information from GitHub
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Requesting URL via GET method: https://api.github.com/repos/drzoidberg33/plexpy/commits/master
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - DEBUG :: MainThread : Latest version is 96f48291e58d985dc622d92c24986a57b1b7992e
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - INFO :: MainThread : You are running an unknown version of PlexPy. Run the updater to identify your version
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - INFO :: MainThread : Using forced web server port: 8181
15-Jul-2015 22:05:30 - INFO :: MainThread : Starting PlexPy web server on http://0.0.0.0:8181/

It loops over and over until I get the "API rate limit exceeded" from github.

Yeah, it seems to think its an unknown version of PlexPy, even though the Docker container pulls the latest tarball from github.  But in-container updates doesn't seem to work too well.  I might pop over to the Plex forums and see if drzoidberg would be willing to implement a toggle to disable the in-app update.

Im sorry There was a error in the auto update feature for this container. I ha e pushed a fix now.

Updated the the container and This Should not happen again

I noticed my PlexPy wont take any settings I apply to it, and on restart of the container it wipes the config.ini in the app directory. Nothing appears to be getting logged. The only difference I have is I have my container port at 8181 and the host at 8080 since headphones is using 8181. Any thoughts?

Edit: Any is probably the wrong word, it wont let me setup PushOver, it wont set my PMS Logs, every time i try to save it just says Verify your server information. The data is in PlexPy though and I was able to import PlexWatch DB, I just can't set settings it seems.

Im sorry There was a error in the auto update feature for this container. I ha e pushed a fix now.

Updated the the container and This Should not happen again

I noticed my PlexPy wont take any settings I apply to it, and on restart of the container it wipes the config.ini in the app directory. Nothing appears to be getting logged. The only difference I have is I have my container port at 8181 and the host at 8080 since headphones is using 8181. Any thoughts?

Edit: Any is probably the wrong word, it wont let me setup PushOver, it wont set my PMS Logs, every time i try to save it just says Verify your server information. The data is in PlexPy though and I was able to import PlexWatch DB, I just can't set settings it seems.

I Will look into this. Also create a proper support thread

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, kylerw here from one of the original containers. Great to see lonix took it over and gave it something more official.

I'm running into the same "Please Verify Your Server" error when trying to save my settings using lonix's version - anyone able to find a fix yet?

Hi Guys, kylerw here from one of the original containers. Great to see lonix took it over and gave it something more official.

I'm running into the same "Please Verify Your Server" error when trying to save my settings using lonix's version - anyone able to find a fix yet?

Ok, I was able to resolve it by removing the plexpy directory, and re-installing the container. First setting I saved was the IP:Port for the Plex Media Server and that seemed to do it.

I got around this error by entering the plex server IP address again, even though it was correct and was communicating. After that I could adjust all the other settings and it would save.

It happened after I did a plexwatch db import.

I got around this error by entering the plex server IP address again, even though it was correct and was communicating. After that I could adjust all the other settings and it would save.

It happened after I did a plexwatch db import.

worked for me as well :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

This was so easy to get up and running.. Thanks for all the info.

I have one issue that I'm hoping is an easy fix (I'm sure it's my fault).

Everything works, I just can't get PlexPy to read the Plex Media Server Logs.  They are located in this directory:

/mnt/cache/apps/plexmediaserver/config/Plex Media Server/Logs

But PlexPy isn't finding them.  What am I doing wrong, I thought it might have to do with the spaces in the directory name, but I can't get it working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Mike

• 2 months later...

Hello,

I was trying to find a tool that better monitors plex users on my unraid server.

I saw this PlexPy, however, I have no idea how to get it running. Is there perhaps a step by step installation proceedure to follow to get it going.

I have never used the docker etc, so I am curious to how it all works. I wish Plex along gave more options to disable users on the fly, and or track bandwidth within the server app.

If anyone feels like they can assist me with this , it would be kind of you.

Thanks again :)

• 3 months later...

Hello

I have been currently using PlexPy on my Windows system , which points to my UnRAID plex server. However I have been trying to figure out how to get PlexPy installed and ran as a service on UnRAID even when you need to power cycle the server, that it stays on the server and runs.

I was reading through here, but I haven't seen anything that has step instructions for UnRAID as of yet. I was trying to find the docker image for unraid, but again haven't had any luck. Could anyone help me out, I'd love not to have this running on the windows system anymore.