[Docker Request] PlexPy - Another Plex Monitoring Program

Hello

I have been currently using PlexPy on my Windows system , which points to my UnRAID plex server. However I have been trying to figure out how to get PlexPy installed and ran as a service on UnRAID even when you need to power cycle the server, that it stays on the server and runs.

I was reading through here, but I haven't seen anything that has step instructions for UnRAID as of yet. I was trying to find the docker image for unraid, but again haven't had any luck. Could anyone help me out, I'd love not to have this running on the windows system anymore.

Have you looked at the All Application Repositories / Support Threads in the Docker Containers sub-forum or searching for plexpy in Community Applications?
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks I got community applications installed, and searched for plexpy and found it. However it says my docker is not enabled , when it is , and when i select plexpy i get this ...

Gathering Information...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_column() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/helpers.php on line 189

perhaps I need to reboot the server ?

Thanks I got community applications installed, and searched for plexpy and found it. However it says my docker is not enabled , when it is , and when i select plexpy i get this ...

Gathering Information...

Fatal error: Call to undefined function array_column() in /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/community.applications/include/helpers.php on line 189

perhaps I need to reboot the server ?

Wouldn't hurt to reboot.  You actually see a "Docker" tab?

Guess I should have read one of your earlier posts a bit better

Apr 26 14:11:31 UnRAID logger: Not starting Docker: no image file defined

Settings tab > Docker (which is under system settings) >

Enable Docker = Yes

Default image size = 10GB

Docker image = [path box]

Apply / Done

I might as well update my flash drive to the latest UNRAID version too while im shutting down

You've got to set a path to your docker.img file (ideally something like /mnt/cache/docker.img) or if you don't have a cache drive, then  /mnt/disk1/docker.img

I do have a cache drive, however I don't see it on the .img on the drive itself... hm

OK well i just selected the cache drive regardless, and it seemed to load something... now I can add plexpy via community applications.

What's the information I need to know regarding the 'add container' section (sorry I am new to this)

perhaps there is a screen shot I can reference from to understand it a little better when adding a container ?

What's the information I need to know regarding the 'add container' section (sorry I am new to this)

Vast bulk of it is filled out by CA automatically.  You've got to adjust any ports and host volume paths accordingly to your system, and I don't use plexpy so I can't help you set that up, but you can hit the support thread link for plexpy within CA and you'll be taken to the correct thread and the experts there (probably CHBMB) will jump to help you out.

well im testing the create container, i have added all the paths I want, I just didnt understand the /mnt/user/ path, as i can not access it via file explorer, so guess I am just going to leave that default and see what happens

seems to be processing / creating something

well im testing the create container, i have added all the paths I want, I just didnt understand the /mnt/user/ path, as i can not access it via file explorer, so guess I am just going to leave that default and see what happens

seems to be processing / creating something

My explanation of container vs host paths:  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg387520#msg387520  down at the bottom I talk about simplifying it with passing through /mnt to /mnt

But I think that all plexpy needs is the path for the appdata folder (you've got to create a new share (cache-only) called appdata)