Parity Check starting on its own ?

I had the same problem today with an unexpected server crash. I got the notice from another system plugged into the same UPS and it reported it lost contact with the apcups daemon on the unRAID server. So, I know there was not a power problem and the UPS did not fail since the other system was up and running fine.

I created a separate thread to report the problem too. Hope a pattern emerges here.

I had the same problem today with an unexpected server crash. I got the notice from another system plugged into the same UPS and it reported it lost contact with the apcups daemon on the unRAID server. So, I know there was not a power problem and the UPS did not fail since the other system was up and running fine.

I created a separate thread to report the problem too. Hope a pattern emerges here.

Look forward to hearing your results !

Just replaced batteries today in my server.  I will let you know if/when we lose power next.

Of course, I could always stop the array and pull the power and see what happens.  ;)

Awesome, hope the new batteries solves your issues !

I just had a decent storm, a crack of lighting which caused the power to flicker....and guess what happened... Server restarted !

I will mention that it is still connected to the APC ES-750 which is showing 100% charge and 50 minutes of runtime avail....

Guess it's time to buy a new one and see if that fixes my issue...or I may wait and see if your new battery solves yours first.

Cheers.

Server has been up since battery replacement, but no storms unfortunately.  I may just stop the array and test it the old fashioned way...

The safe way to test a battery backup setup is to plug the server power directly to an unswitched source, plug the battery backup into a switched outlet, put an equivalent load of lamps on the output of the battery backup, and turn off the switch so the battery backup loses power. The server should alert you that the power is out if you have that set up, and start the shutdown process when the conditions are met. If you know your servers power draw during a parity check, and use a similar amount of lamp wattage plugged into the battery backup, you should get an accurate picture of the runtime and timings. If the lamps flicker or go out before the server has shut itself down properly, you know it's not going to work.
  • 4 weeks later...