Which plugins/addons would you like to see baked into unRAID?

johnodon

Are there other plugins that you would like to see included in stock unRAID?  If so, list them here and keep it reasonable.  It's pretty safe to say that something like Plex will never be included in the core.  :)

Some good examples are apcupsd and Dynamix WebUI which were originally 3rd party plugins and are now part of the core of unRAID (even tough Dynamix is still technically listed as plugin).

A few that some to mind for me are:

1.  Unassigned Devices

2.  Cache Dirs

3.  Screen

If we get enough responses, maybe LT can add a Poll that includes the most frequently requested ones found here.

John

Preclear - if that were included in GUI most people wouldn't need screen.

Community Applications - get rid of (confusing) Docker Repositories section and just use CA.

Unassigned Devices - added this since others are voting for things that have already been mentioned.

Bunker? - Waiting for the GUI on this one.

1. Unassigned Devices (Could be baked in as is, it's amazing... why has this not happened yet????)

2. Bunker (Needs friendly user GUI) The main idea is there needs to be some way to determine if data has been corrupted.

3. Preclear Disks (Probably not this plugin in it's current form but an Official LT plugin to support thoroughly testing new disks)

4. Community Applications  (Could be baked in as is)

EDIT: Added some other thoughts

Community Applications - as already noted should become primary way to find and add Dockers,

Preclear Plugin - reliable and well integrated into dynamix,

Unassigned Devices - another excellent work of gfjardim and must-have,

SNMP -should be baked-in to provide monitoring data.

the below could also be included:

PowerDown - essential with UPS,

OpenVM Tools - VMWare tools essential for ESXi users

Cache Dirs

I wonder how many people have tried UnRAID and ditched it because of how sluggish it is without Cache Dirs.  I nearly bailed when I first tried it because browsing it was so painful compared to the Windoze network shares I had been using before.

Imho only plugins that are adds to the base functionality should be added in such a way..

So:

Shutdown, Unassigned Devices, Preclear and Cache Dirs.

With the possible exception of unassigned devices they all fix that are not working good enough in base unraid... I can hardly imagine someone not using cache_dirs and preclear.. In my head they are already part of the unraid system.