Sometimes luck does come your way

mgworek

about 2 months ago I have a 4TB drive go bad. I waited a bit ordered a replacement and then waited a bit again before finally deciding to change them out.

I put the new one in and waited a few days more before deciding to check the warranty on my drive. It was expiring in 2 days. Lucky.

So I fill out the warranty info and send it off. Don't hear anything then get an email saying my return was cancelled. I call back and there was a type in my SN so they reopened my return.

Waited again, didn't hear back. Call them again and they weren't sure why a replacement drive didn't get sent yet. Said they would take care of it and it should be out in a couple of days.

Waited again, nothing. Then finally get an email that it shipped.

Waited again, logged into and no shipping info listed on order.

Finally came in today but they messed up and sent me 2 replacement drives instead of one. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will take this lucky 2nd drive and make it a spare for one the next one goes bad. I don't see being this lucky again for awhile.

about 2 months ago I have a 4TB drive go bad. I waited a bit ordered a replacement and then waited a bit again before finally deciding to change them out.

I put the new one in and waited a few days more before deciding to check the warranty on my drive. It was expiring in 2 days. Lucky.

So I fill out the warranty info and send it off. Don't hear anything then get an email saying my return was cancelled. I call back and there was a type in my SN so they reopened my return.

Waited again, didn't hear back. Call them again and they weren't sure why a replacement drive didn't get sent yet. Said they would take care of it and it should be out in a couple of days.

Waited again, nothing. Then finally get an email that it shipped.

Waited again, logged into and no shipping info listed on order.

Finally came in today but they messed up and sent me 2 replacement drives instead of one. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i will take this lucky 2nd drive and make it a spare for one the next one goes bad. I don't see being this lucky again for awhile.

Reminds me when I dropped my phone down a drain trying to unblock it, fell right out my pocket into the sewage.  Made a claim on the insurance and spoke to this really cool Australian bloke working in the UK Call Centre.  Guy was so stoned the conversation was hilarious, plus he was so baked he went through the whole process twice, thought it was just he'd got confused so humoured him.  Turns out he actually processed it twice as well so got two replacement phones.  ;D