[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

Is there any way to add a custom profile? In my Windows version, I just drop my XML into the program directory and it shows up as an option the Preferences dialog under the Advanced tab (enable expert mode to see that tab). I have a custom profile that makes near perfect BRD copies based on exhaustive research on the MakeMKV forum.

[guessed the answer]

Drop the XML file into MakeMKV's /config folder and it shows up as an option. Here is the profile if anyone would like to add it.

perfect.mmcp.xml.zip

Can someone help with getting MakeMKV to recognize a Blu-Ray drive connected to USB? It say the program is unable to find any usable optical drives. It shows up it the device list as /dev/sr0:

SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  Optiarc  BD ROM BC-5550H  B881  /dev/sr0

[1:0:0:0]    disk    Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 PMAP  /dev/sda

[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      KINGSTON SHFS37A BBF0  /dev/sdb

[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD40EFRX-68W 0A82  /dev/sdc

[6:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST31000524AS    JC4B  /dev/sdd

[7:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD1001FALS-0 0K05  /dev/sde

I have it mapped it the MakeMKV configuration:

/optical /dev/sr0

/config /mnt/cache/appdata/Make_MKV/

/unRaid /mnt/user/Raw_MKV/

Can someone help with getting MakeMKV to recognize a Blu-Ray drive connected to USB? It say the program is unable to find any usable optical drives. It shows up it the device list as /dev/sr0:

SCSI Devices

[0:0:0:0]    cd/dvd  Optiarc  BD ROM BC-5550H  B881  /dev/sr0

[1:0:0:0]    disk    Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 PMAP  /dev/sda

[4:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      KINGSTON SHFS37A BBF0  /dev/sdb

[5:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD40EFRX-68W 0A82  /dev/sdc

[6:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      ST31000524AS    JC4B  /dev/sdd

[7:0:0:0]    disk    ATA      WDC WD1001FALS-0 0K05  /dev/sde

I have it mapped it the MakeMKV configuration:

/optical /dev/sr0

/config /mnt/cache/appdata/Make_MKV/

/unRaid /mnt/user/Raw_MKV/

You are not supposed to add the optical drive to the volume mapping part in the template.

There is default added one optical drive in the template (dev/sr0). Did you remove the part in the extra parameter box in the template?

• 2 weeks later...

As it turns out it was the ASMedia ASM1061 controller on my motherboard creating the issue, as soon as I moved the DVD on a different SATA port server booted OK.

Thanks for the help.

Soana, are you using the ASM controllers for HDDs successfully though? Having some issues with mine (same mobo) and narrowing the cause. I'd like to keep the ASM controllers for HDDs if I can!

• 2 weeks later...

Would it be possible to add auto-eject via a BASH script or similar? It's one of those MakeMKV requests that has been on the back-burner for years.

How would you solve that?

I don't see myself using time to try to figure out something that I don't see useful. You still have to take the disc out and put in a new one so the saved time of auto-eject would be 3-4 seconds?

Would it be possible to add auto-eject via a BASH script or similar? It's one of those MakeMKV requests that has been on the back-burner for years.

I don't see myself using time to try to figure out something that I don't see useful. You still have to take the disc out and put in a new one so the saved time of auto-eject would be 3-4 seconds?

Maybe he built one of these?

It's useful if you want to rip multiple discs in a row and not babysit the process. The issue would be minor if you have a fast drive and all discs rip consistently quick, but that's usually not the case. Some people are stuck with slow external/laptop drives, some discs have mastering errors/damage, some discs are SL while others are DL, and sometimes the drive just rips at half speed because... who knows why.

A notification system can save a lot of time and mental accounting. Put disc in, start rip, do something else, disc pops out, "Oh, rip's done," put new disc in, start rip... ad infinitum. If you aren't interested then no problem. It's just an idea I thought might be useful.

Maybe he built one of these?

Nice  :D

It's useful if you want to rip multiple discs in a row and not babysit the process. The issue would be minor if you have a fast drive and all discs rip consistently quick, but that's usually not the case. Some people are stuck with slow external/laptop drives, some discs have mastering errors/damage, some discs are SL while others are DL, and sometimes the drive just rips at half speed because... who knows why.

A notification system can save a lot of time and mental accounting. Put disc in, start rip, do something else, disc pops out, "Oh, rip's done," put new disc in, start rip... ad infinitum. If you aren't interested then no problem. It's just an idea I thought might be useful.

If it's a notification you want, I suggest buying a noisy drive so you can hear when it stops reading  ;)

In my opinion this have to be done in makemkv.