[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

I keep running into copy protection issues when I am just using makemkv.

I have run into very few copy protection problems with makemkv. Only I can think of are BD+ titles, but they are usually fixed after a short time. You can also send the author some file so he can fix it.

Are you talking about choosing the correct track among 100's on some titles?

All the titles that I have been trying so far have been old kids dvds.  Things like Alvin and the chipmunks or scooby doo.  Trying to get my kids movies so he can easily access them.  So far they all have run into copy protection issues.

Are the more modern titles working more consistently?

All the titles that I have been trying so far have been old kids dvds.  Things like Alvin and the chipmunks or scooby doo.  Trying to get my kids movies so he can easily access them.  So far they all have run into copy protection issues.

Are the more modern titles working more consistently?

To be honest I haven't really ripped dvds, only Blu-ray. I thought dvds was cracked a long time ago. Have you tried googling it to see if it's only you or a real problem?

Might be your drive doesn't handle the discs well.

Honestly I'm not quite sure what I would search for to find that out.

Search for makemkv rip DVD <insert disc title here> problem. Usually there is someone that have ripped the disc already. If you don't find anyone with a problem on that title, its either a rare release or the problem is local.

Basically you have to post on the makemkv forum if there is problems with a disc and you want a fix.

What is the default path for the "MakeMKV Data Directory" setting under Preferences>General? I had changed this at first thinking I was modifying the default Video storage location, and now I don't remember what it was originally set at or where I should point it to. Thank you.

When trying to update I get the following error: Error: write /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob772082713: no space left on device

I have 247 GB available on my cache drive, what can be wrong?

Thanks for help

It means your docker image is full or corrupted. Read the docker FAQ for how to fix it.

What is the default path for the "MakeMKV Data Directory" setting under Preferences>General? I had changed this at first thinking I was modifying the default Video storage location, and now I don't remember what it was originally set at or where I should point it to. Thank you.

It should be /config

When trying to update I get the following error: Error: write /var/lib/docker/tmp/GetImageBlob772082713: no space left on device

Thanks for help

It means your docker image is full or corrupted. Read the docker FAQ for how to fix it.

I deleted the image and files and tried again and now I get Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: write /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.54.35.1: no space left on device

Thanks for help

I deleted the image and files and tried again and now I get Error: failed to register layer: ApplyLayer exit status 1 stdout: stderr: write /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libavcodec.so.54.35.1: no space left on device

How big did you make your docker.img?

I am a newbie so I guess you are referring to this?

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 6.85GiB

devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 10.00GiB path /dev/loop0

Your docker.img is still full. Doesn't look like you managed to delete it.

It works now, I only have 6 Docker Images and only using 4, Plex Server, PlexPy, Filezilla, MakeMKV-RDP, why did it fill up, is this normal?

Thanks for your help solving this issue.

I am a newbie so I guess you are referring to this?

Total devices 1 FS bytes used 6.85GiB

devid    1 size 10.00GiB used 10.00GiB path /dev/loop0

Your docker.img is still full. Doesn't look like you managed to delete it.

It works now, I only have 6 Docker Images and only using 4, Plex Server, PlexPy, Filezilla, MakeMKV-RDP, why did it fill up, is this normal?

Thanks for your help solving this issue.

It might be one of the containers spamming the log or you have misconfigured something. I suggest you read up in the docker FAQ sticky  in the docker forum.

Hello

I've tried adding the app_Key as specified at the top of this post however in the default config for the latest version only an update.conf is created and ive tried entering the key in there but it does not stick to the file if i save and restart the docker the key entry is gone from the update.conf can anyone please tell me where im going wrong ?

Kind Regards

Hello

I've tried adding the app_Key as specified at the top of this post however in the default config for the latest version only an update.conf is created and ive tried entering the key in there but it does not stick to the file if i save and restart the docker the key entry is gone from the update.conf can anyone please tell me where im going wrong ?

Kind Regards

Try creating the settings file and see if it works.

Or connect through rdp and copy/paste the key.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Since adding a new disk to my server I am getting Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating ...., so I need to run New Permissions each time that I would like to rip a new movie, from OS X and windows all is fine, any Idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for help

JAH