[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

Since adding a new disk to my server I am getting Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating ...., so I need to run New Permissions each time that I would like to rip a new movie, from OS X and windows all is fine, any Idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for help

JAH

I have no idea why this is happening. I guess the error message is in makemkv?

What is your docker run command?

Since adding a new disk to my server I am getting Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating ...., so I need to run New Permissions each time that I would like to rip a new movie, from OS X and windows all is fine, any Idea what might be wrong?

Thanks for help

JAH

I don't know what you mean by Docker run command but here is a screenshot of my MakeMKV Settings

Screenshot_2017-02-11_12_14_06.png.ad9383f0060b6240bdbd32c5fc8bb4b7.png

Thanks for help

JAH

I don't know what you mean by Docker run command but here is a screenshot of my MakeMKV Settings

You have not specified a container path for disk23.

If you are trying to rip directly to a disk share, could you try instead to rip to a user share?

I will do that but the problem is ripping to a share, Disk16/Blu-Ray/, with SMB Security Settings at Secure.

Thanks

JAH

That is writing directly to the disk and not a user share.

If I remember correctly makemkv is running as root and should have write access. Make sure its not mounted read only.

Post your diagnostics.zip.

I will do that but the problem is ripping to a share, Disk16/Blu-Ray/, with SMB Security Settings at Secure.

Thanks

JAH

If I remember correctly makemkv is running as root and should have write access. Make sure its not mounted read only.

I Have always done it like this and it's been working fine for a long time, included is the info requested and another screenshot.

Once again, thanks for your help.

Screenshot_2017-02-11_15_48_51.png.a91dfc62cca2467165ae267799db9479.png

unraid-diagnostics-20170211-1544.zip

Thanks

JAH

I Have always done it like this and it's been working fine for a long time, included is the info requested and another screenshot.

Your problem is that you don't have any disk16. So change the volume mapping to a disk that exist and it should work.

Thanks

JAH

Your problem is that you don't have any disk16. So change the volume mapping to a disk that exist and it should work.

I don't have a Disk 16?

Screenshot_2017-02-11_16_44_30.png.902b603e8cf5865566a120279df44000.png

Thanks

JAH

I don't have a Disk 16?

Didn't look like you had in the syslog. it jumped from mounting disk 15 to disk 20.

Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID emhttp: shcmd (378): xfs_growfs /mnt/disk15 |& logger
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: meta-data=/dev/md15              isize=512    agcount=8, agsize=268435455 blks
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sectsz=512   attr=2, projid32bit=1
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       crc=1        finobt=1 spinodes=0
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=1953506633, imaxpct=5
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0 ftype=1
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=521728, version=2
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID emhttp: shcmd (379): mkdir -p /mnt/disk20
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID emhttp: shcmd (380): set -o pipefail ; mount -t xfs -o noatime,nodiratime /dev/md20 /mnt/disk20 |& logger
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID kernel: XFS (md20): Mounting V4 Filesystem
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID kernel: XFS (md20): Ending clean mount
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID emhttp: shcmd (381): xfs_growfs /mnt/disk20 |& logger
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: meta-data=/dev/md20              isize=256    agcount=8, agsize=244188659 blks
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sectsz=512   attr=2, projid32bit=0
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       crc=0        finobt=0 spinodes=0
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: data     =                       bsize=4096   blocks=1953506633, imaxpct=5
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sunit=0      swidth=0 blks
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: naming   =version 2              bsize=4096   ascii-ci=0 ftype=0
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: log      =internal               bsize=4096   blocks=476930, version=2
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root:          =                       sectsz=512   sunit=0 blks, lazy-count=1
Feb  4 12:33:16 unRAID root: realtime =none                   extsz=4096   blocks=0, rtextents=0

There are problems with your disk 16.

Feb  4 12:33:17 unRAID kernel: Buffer I/O error on dev md16, logical block 1953506608, async page read

Did you just recently add it to unraid and did not preclear it in anyway? That's how it looks anyway.

I'm not sure what the problem is, but it's not related to makemkv as far as I can see. It might be a disk problem or a permission problem.

I am having a problem installing this docker. I had it working fine until several days ago, then it started acting funny. It would freeze mid conversion, sometimes it would fail to start when I hit "OK" in the initial guacamole window. Not after removing the docker and image, deleting the directory within appdata I get this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MakeMKV-RDP" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "WIDTH"="1280" -e "HEIGHT"="720" -p 3389:3389/tcp -p 8080:8080/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv/output":"/unRaid":rw -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/Makemkv":"/config":rw --device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0 tobbenb/makemkv-rdp

c6179c985cee8d1f499b2ad94da9812a6a8b0470b4f97e130e061b930b630401

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/sr0": lstat /dev/sr0: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

Any help would he greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I am having a problem installing this docker. I had it working fine until several days ago, then it started acting funny. It would freeze mid conversion, sometimes it would fail to start when I hit "OK" in the initial guacamole window. Not after removing the docker and image, deleting the directory within appdata I get this:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="MakeMKV-RDP" --net="bridge" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/New_York" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "WIDTH"="1280" -e "HEIGHT"="720" -p 3389:3389/tcp -p 8080:8080/tcp -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv/output":"/unRaid":rw -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/Makemkv":"/config":rw --device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0 tobbenb/makemkv-rdp

c6179c985cee8d1f499b2ad94da9812a6a8b0470b4f97e130e061b930b630401

docker: Error response from daemon: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/sr0": lstat /dev/sr0: no such file or directory.

The command failed.

Any help would he greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Your drive is not /dev/sr0 anymore. Change it to the correct one and it should work.

where do I change that? I don't see it in any of the configuration settings for the docker? Or rather I see it in advanced view, but shouldn't it auto detect my cache drive? Where do I find where it has now been assigned?

Your cache drive has noting to do with it. Do you have an optical drive? If not remove the entry in the extra parameters box. If you have one, then look in your device list to find out the path.

I do not have any optical drive. I simply have my array of HDDs and an SSD for a cache drive. So you're saying just blank out this line? Why would this docker assume I have some sort of optical drive when I have never had one? Just because I'm curious in future docker installations.

EDIT: It worked after blanking out the additional parameters line. I'm just curious why it filled this out like that to begin with when I have no optical drive. Is it just the nature of MakeMKV that many people would use this with the actual disk instead of an ISO of BDMV index file? Or should I always check that when installing a docker? Also, where is my "device list" you mentioned?

I do not have any optical drive. I simply have my array of HDDs and an SSD for a cache drive. So you're saying just blank out this line? Why would this docker assume I have some sort of optical drive when I have never had one? Just because I'm curious in future docker installations.

EDIT: It worked after blanking out the additional parameters line. I'm just curious why it filled this out like that to begin with when I have no optical drive. Is it just the nature of MakeMKV that many people would use this with the actual disk instead of an ISO of BDMV index file? Or should I always check that when installing a docker? Also, where is my "device list" you mentioned?

It's there because I put it in the template as I didn't assume anyone would use it without an optical drive.

OK, I kind of assumed that. I'm just using it for BDMV index files and ISO's. Is there a way to see a log that will tell me why it keeps freezing mid conversion on anything I try to convert?

I don't know if there are any logs. Check in the settings if there are any path for logs configured somewhere. You could also check in the appdata folder for logs.

I have setup the config folder to be /mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv and /unRAID to be /mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv/output and like I said this always worked very well before. The ISOs I've been trying recently I try to strip out everything except the main title, with english audio. I find myself un-highlighting tons and tons of boxes, with all the foreign audio and subs. At some random point it seems to just hang. I'm just trying to figure out what's made this different and why it's hanging on me now.

I have setup the config folder to be /mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv and /unRAID to be /mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv/output and like I said this always worked very well before. The ISOs I've been trying recently I try to strip out everything except the main title, with english audio. I find myself un-highlighting tons and tons of boxes, with all the foreign audio and subs. At some random point it seems to just hang. I'm just trying to figure out what's made this different and why it's hanging on me now.

There is absolutely no point in mapping the same folder twice to the container. When you mapped /config to /mnt/cache/appdata/makemkv/, you also mapped the output folder to the container.

As to why it freezes I don't know why.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, althoralthor said:

Hi-  I am trying to update the settings.conf file with the latest serial and when I restart it still says the app is too old, or the serial needs to be updated.  Anyone else having this problem?

Try connecting through rdp and paste it in makemkv. 

There was someone else earlier in the thread with the same problem, but I don't remember how they solved it.

• 1 month later...