[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

5 hours ago, cherritaker said:

How can i go about getting the USB 3.0 BD-Drive detected mine shows as no drive available. I plugged it and i can hear it spinning the movie but i can't seem to find a way for unraid or MAKeMkv to detect it. Is there a option  i have to run on or something? Thanks.

Do you see the drive if you go to Tool --> System devices and under SCSI devices? It should be /dev/sr0.

Can you post a screen shot of that section and also of your makemkv template with the advanced mode turned on?

4 hours ago, saarg said:

You have removed the optical drive pass through tag that was in the extra parameters box. You removed it when you added the cpuset stuff. 

Add --device=/dev/sr0 before or after cpuset. 

So how should the command line look like? --cpuset-cpus=4,24,5,25,6,26--device=/dev/sr0 i did that but got command failed.

On 7/28/2015 at 7:33 AM, saarg said:

No problem with playback or encoding. Only problem is that if you want to change the file as another user than root, you will not be allowed.

There is an easy solution to the problem and that is to run the new permission tool and choose the disk you save the MKV files on.

You'll find it under Tools in the unRaid webgui.

Ok thank you will give it a shot when I get home. 

On 24/07/2015 at 9:34 PM, saarg said:

Adding a DVD/BD-ROM

Because MakeMKV changed how drives are detected, you need to figure out which device node is your DVD/BD-ROM. Use the below command and find the device which lists as being in the cdrom group. This is your DVD/BD-ROM.

ls -la /dev/sg*

The output will look like this:

root@unXeon:~# ls -la /dev/sg*
crw-rw---- 1 root disk  21, 0 Jan 22 08:51 /dev/sg0
crw-rw---- 1 root disk  21, 1 Jan 22 08:51 /dev/sg1
crw-rw---- 1 root disk  21, 2 Jan 22 08:51 /dev/sg2
crw-rw---- 1 root disk  21, 3 Jan 22 08:51 /dev/sg3
crw-rw---- 1 root cdrom 21, 4 Jan 22 08:51 /dev/sg4

After finding your device, add the below to the extra parameters field

--device=/dev/sg*

If you have updated to the latest version of MakeMKV (1.10.10) and your drive is not recognized, you need to change your device mapping.

The procedure is above.

You still need /dev/sr* device passed through also.

Edited by saarg
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, cherritaker said:

Is there any 4k support for this yet? I know they released keys and some people are able to rip 4k now with certain drives not sure if it only works on windows version or if it would also work here. Thanks

Makemkv have the same features on both windows and Linux. So run and buy the correct drive and start ripping your UHD discs :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/22/2018 at 7:45 AM, saarg said:

If you have updated to the latest version of MakeMKV (1.10.10) and your drive is not recognized, you need to change your device mapping.

The procedure is above.

You still need /dev/sr* device passed through also.

Thank you! Had this problem. So I will have *two* device commands now, even though I only have one drive?

Like so:

--device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0 --device=/dev/sg1

15 hours ago, scud133b said:

Thank you! Had this problem. So I will have *two* device commands now, even though I only have one drive?

Like so:

--device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0 --device=/dev/sg1

That is correct if that is what you get when running the below command.

lsscsi -g

You don't really need the part after the : for sr0.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, apolinarzaragoza said:

Is there way to add multiple folder locations by adding extra parameters? I want to be able to map two different locations on my array if someone can help me with the command line if it's possible thank you.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Are you using unraid? If you are, there is no command line stuff you need to add. You do everything in the container template. 

Edit the template and add a new path and fill in the host path (on the array) and the container path (where you want it in the container). 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So I'm getting The program can't find any usable optical drives (all was working well until I reinstalled Unraid (due to a separate issue))

Capture0.PNG.b19736068ae9e13bf89c7b05783d0a34.PNG 

I've followed all the steps I could find and google as much as I could as well. 

Here is my set up:

Capture.thumb.PNG.09a8b7d2dc410372cb4cfaa9c09556c4.PNG

After multiple tries and various attempts, I've had no luck. Furthermore, here is a snippet of after I run the lsscsi -g commandCapture1.PNG.c8c917928c7ba167baefc1e991a96cae.PNG

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is an external BD-Rom. However, this is the 1st time I've had any issues with it. In previous versions, it was basically plug and play, heck I used it probably 3 days ago with no problem.

Capture3.PNG.ef7e096a492e92262519ed2e767b7ffc.PNG

3 hours ago, Drazzilb said:

So I'm getting The program can't find any usable optical drives (all was working well until I reinstalled Unraid (due to a separate issue))

Capture0.PNG.b19736068ae9e13bf89c7b05783d0a34.PNG 

I've followed all the steps I could find and google as much as I could as well. 

Here is my set up:

Capture.thumb.PNG.09a8b7d2dc410372cb4cfaa9c09556c4.PNG

After multiple tries and various attempts, I've had no luck. Furthermore, here is a snippet of after I run the lsscsi -g commandCapture1.PNG.c8c917928c7ba167baefc1e991a96cae.PNG

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

This is an external BD-Rom. However, this is the 1st time I've had any issues with it. In previous versions, it was basically plug and play, heck I used it probably 3 days ago with no problem.

Capture3.PNG.ef7e096a492e92262519ed2e767b7ffc.PNG

Did you also upgrade to 6.5?

There is a permission issue in the latest version and the host permissions doesn't apply in the container. You could try to do a chmod 777 /dev/sr0 and chmod 777 /dev/sg0 and see if that helps. 

Restart the container after. 

am i missing something trying to rip UHD discs?

i have my /config folder set in the docker settings.

AppData_path.thumb.JPG.df7304c23d6c40428f3c886f95a6cb73.JPG

MakeMKV_Docker.thumb.jpg.de45faf46e1ecd32ddd393ba6e65b629.jpg

and the newest keys_hashed.txt in that /config folder.

config.jpg.785bae7eee20b12639fe39fd6c54aa0d.jpg

but makemkv still doesn't recognize the disc.

MakeMKV.thumb.JPG.760a22ca18af7f93bc6dc7829a332bcf.JPG

the WH16NS40 is on the supported UHD list.  the disc is planet earth ii.  i'm running v1.12.0.

any ideas?

Edited by alexsd
3 hours ago, alexsd said:

am i missing something trying to rip UHD discs?

i have my /config folder set in the docker settings.

AppData_path.thumb.JPG.df7304c23d6c40428f3c886f95a6cb73.JPG

MakeMKV_Docker.thumb.jpg.de45faf46e1ecd32ddd393ba6e65b629.jpg

and the newest keys_hashed.txt in that /config folder.

config.jpg.785bae7eee20b12639fe39fd6c54aa0d.jpg

but makemkv still doesn't recognize the disc.

MakeMKV.thumb.JPG.760a22ca18af7f93bc6dc7829a332bcf.JPG

the WH16NS40 is on the supported UHD list.  the disc is planet earth ii.  i'm running v1.12.0.

any ideas?

That has nothing to do with the config and keys. 

If the disc isn't recognized, it's a drive issue. 

My guess is that you have the wrong drive since it doesn't read the disc. You need this version of the drive: NS50 (SVC NS50) for UHD to work.