[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

6 minutes ago, saarg said:

There is nothing I can do about libredrive. It's the makemkv author that needs to enable the features. 

i know, just wanted to give my experiences back – so it may be of some help to others who are reading here.

usually (within other rdp sessions i use) there's always a username/password combination as credentials used.

thx. for looking it up.

Edited by s.Oliver
  • 7 months later...

is there a way to update the software? my current version is 1.14.3. It prompts for an update for 1.14.5. Sorry I feel very new to all of this

the docker applications list does not show any update option, even when i force it to update

Edited by po0kiez
adding information
10 hours ago, po0kiez said:

is there a way to update the software? my current version is 1.14.3. It prompts for an update for 1.14.5. Sorry I feel very new to all of this

the docker applications list does not show any update option, even when i force it to update

I haven't used makemkv in a while, so didn't notice there was a new version out. I'll trigger a new build. Should be available in a couple of hours.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
6 hours ago, jdubbs23 said:

I just did the latest update that showed today, and now when I try to go to the WebUI it shows the xrdp session but when I select OK I just get a blank screen. How can I diagnose this?

I found the issue. There was some changes in the dependencies so makemkv didn't install correctly.

Hopefully the new build will work.

Edited by saarg
9 hours ago, jdubbs23 said:

I just did the latest update that showed today, and now when I try to go to the WebUI it shows the xrdp session but when I select OK I just get a blank screen. How can I diagnose this?

Same here

3 hours ago, saarg said:

Tried cleaning the browser cache?

Post the container log.

Cleared Cache. Tried Chrome and Firefox with the same results. log txt file is attached

log.txt

Edited by CIvisMiles
fixed a word
7 hours ago, jdubbs23 said:

Just saw an update was available. After applying though still get the black screen.

I gave up and reverted to 1.14.7 due to dependencie issue with 1.15.0.

The base ubuntu version is too old to have the needed libstdc++6 version. Not sure if I'm going to update this anymore. Might move it over to the new linuxserver gui base.

5 hours ago, saarg said:

I gave up and reverted to 1.14.7 due to dependencie issue with 1.15.0.

The base ubuntu version is too old to have the needed libstdc++6 version. Not sure if I'm going to update this anymore. Might move it over to the new linuxserver gui base.

Thanks for the update and the work you do for this container. Maybe I'm doing something wrong on my end because still not getting it to work. Is there something I could check to see?

Do you mean you might not update the MakeMKV container or the base ubuntu distribution you have for running MakeMKV?

2 hours ago, jdubbs23 said:

Thanks for the update and the work you do for this container. Maybe I'm doing something wrong on my end because still not getting it to work. Is there something I could check to see?

Do you mean you might not update the MakeMKV container or the base ubuntu distribution you have for running MakeMKV?

Turns out the 1.14.7 source is removed and when a new build on docker hub is built, it overwrites the previous. So it's a point of no return.

I'm not going to update this container as I didn't make the base container for it, so can't update ubuntu to a newer version.

So the best option is to install either binhex's version or jlesage's.

3 minutes ago, saarg said:

Turns out the 1.14.7 source is removed and when a new build on docker hub is built, it overwrites the previous. So it's a point of no return.

I'm not going to update this container as I didn't make the base container for it, so can't update ubuntu to a newer version.

So the best option is to install either binhex's version or jlesage's.

Sorry to hear that. This was a great container, and I used it to rip my entire collection. Thanks for all of the work that you've done on this.