Jump to content
saarg

[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

359 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, saarg said:

 

That has nothing to do with the config and keys. 

If the disc isn't recognized, it's a drive issue. 

My guess is that you have the wrong drive since it doesn't read the disc. You need this version of the drive: NS50 (SVC NS50) for UHD to work. 

 

i do have the SVC NS50.

 

looks like you have to downgrade the fw -- http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=17058.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, alexsd said:

i do have the SVC NS50.

 

How did you determine that? I'm not familiar with the drive in question, but your screen shot shows NS40, not 50.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, jonathanm said:

 

How did you determine that? I'm not familiar with the drive in question, but your screen shot shows NS40, not 50.

 

The model and the svc is different. It's stated on a label on the back which version it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/22/2018 at 9:15 AM, saarg said:

 

The model and the svc is different. It's stated on a label on the back which version it is. 

correct.

 

here's a pic of my drive.  you can see the SVC on the right of the sticker.

 

20180321_202256.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/18/2018 at 1:43 AM, saarg said:

 

Did you also upgrade to 6.5?

There is a permission issue in the latest version and the host permissions doesn't apply in the container. You could try to do a chmod 777 /dev/sr0 and chmod 777 /dev/sg0 and see if that helps. 

Restart the container after. 

 

Just want to say that this worked for me too. Unraid 6.5.0. Thought I was going mad! 

Thanks saarg

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/17/2018 at 8:43 PM, saarg said:

 

Did you also upgrade to 6.5?

There is a permission issue in the latest version and the host permissions doesn't apply in the container. You could try to do a chmod 777 /dev/sr0 and chmod 777 /dev/sg0 and see if that helps. 

Restart the container after. 

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post

Good day @saarg

I have the "/Unraid" path (host path 2) set to "/mnt/user/Media/MakeMKV/"

however in the GUI when I go to convert a video it attempts to save to "/nobody/Videos/nameofvid" and gives no way to navigate to any useful looking location.  Anything ideas on this one?

Best

 

NM.... I was reading backwards through the forum... on the second page I found the answer...

One must browse from Nobody, up a directory to UnRaid folder in the web gui

 

Edited by landS

Share this post


Link to post

hi there daft question where is the extra parameters option in the unraid template? i have found my parameters would be

--device=/dev/sg4 --device=/dev/sr0

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, thehacker said:

hi there daft question where is the extra parameters option in the unraid template? i have found my parameters would be

--device=/dev/sg4 --device=/dev/sr0

You need to enable Advanced view (upper right corner) in the docker Edit page.

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Everyone.  

 

I have installed the MakeMKV-RDP Docker everything shows up like it should but when i run the application and MakeMKV starts processing the Blu-Ray i get a Fatal Error Occurred, Program will now exit. I am wondering if any one has seen this issue or know to resolve it?  from the main screen looks like a Java issue. I am running Unraid 6.6.6.  

image.thumb.png.f8793adadaf97bead89cb3574262bb52.png

 

Thank you for all the help. 

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ok4ayl said:

Hello Everyone.  

 

I have installed the MakeMKV-RDP Docker everything shows up like it should but when i run the application and MakeMKV starts processing the Blu-Ray i get a Fatal Error Occurred, Program will now exit. I am wondering if any one has seen this issue or know to resolve it?  from the main screen looks like a Java issue. I am running Unraid 6.6.6.  

image.thumb.png.f8793adadaf97bead89cb3574262bb52.png

 

Thank you for all the help. 

 

I think there are some issues with specific disc's and Java. I think it's a makemkv issue. I know @Djoss did some work on his container and was in contact with the makemkv author about it, but don't remember if there was a solution.

Try his container and see if it works. 

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. My USB DVD player was attached to a USB hub and to the motherboard, and not working, getting the the "The program can't find any usable optical drives." I'm on version 6.6.6.

 

1872233832_Screenshot2019-02-04at11_24_55.thumb.png.f4552b9a4e627506588de89c1c9e4ad9.png1895119397_Screenshot2019-02-04at11_25_32.thumb.png.4b1e211a5cea0773037e716a1ddcc780.png

I did try adding device and /dev/sg0 like mentioned before, and the container wouldn't start, giving error message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, mdipinto said:

I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. My USB DVD player was attached to a USB hub and to the motherboard, and not working, getting the the "The program can't find any usable optical drives." I'm on version 6.6.6.

 

1872233832_Screenshot2019-02-04at11_24_55.thumb.png.f4552b9a4e627506588de89c1c9e4ad9.png1895119397_Screenshot2019-02-04at11_25_32.thumb.png.4b1e211a5cea0773037e716a1ddcc780.png

I did try adding device and /dev/sg0 like mentioned before, and the container wouldn't start, giving error message.

 

 

Looks like you are using djoss's makemkv container, so wrong support thread. 

 

By the look of it, you have only added one of the device names. You need both the /dev/sgX and /dev/srX. 

Share this post


Link to post

@mdipinto I spent a great amount of time attempting to pass a USB Odd to the makemkv container and failed. 

 

 Installed this makemkv-rdp container and had it working with the USB ODD within 5 minutes.   

 

Note that when you select the output folder from within the program, each time you must select 'UNRAID' 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, landS said:

@mdipinto I spent a great amount of time attempting to pass a USB Odd to the makemkv container and failed. 

 

 Installed this makemkv-rdp container and had it working with the USB ODD within 5 minutes.   

 

Note that when you select the output folder from within the program, each time you must select 'UNRAID' 

 

You should be able to set /unraid as default path in settings. 

Share this post


Link to post

@saarg

I have the /UNRAID path set to mnt/user/ShareName/Folder & the program outputs videos wonderfully to thus location.   

 

The only 'minor' issue is that when the container is started, from within the container, for each new ODD the default output folder is within the container itself and I must change this to /UNRAID if I want access to the MKV (and not blow up my Docker image space). 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, landS said:

@saarg

I have the /UNRAID path set to mnt/user/ShareName/Folder & the program outputs videos wonderfully to thus location.   

 

The only 'minor' issue is that when the container is started, from within the container, for each new ODD the default output folder is within the container itself and I must change this to /UNRAID if I want access to the MKV (and not blow up my Docker image space). 

 

I'm talking about the settings in makemkv, not the container template. I have never set the path every start of the container as I set it to /unraid in the settings of makemkv. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, nikezzz said:

Does this Docker already support LibreDisc?

I don't know what that is, so most likely not. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, nikezzz said:

Its in the newest version of Makemkv

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=18856&p=70119&hilit=Libredrive#p70119

 

it seems to be ripping faster and helps with some Disney Movies that weren’t able to rip before. This also gets rid of the HashedKeys.txt

 

It looks like it's built into Makemkv, so it should be supported. Didn't get the info here on either Arch (non-docker) or the container on unraid (But drive doesn't really work). So have to check the build log if there are any errors regarding building the libredrive libs. Thanks to dockerhub, I don't have any build logs from previous builds as they upgraded their website and delete all logs!

Share this post


Link to post

hey saarg,

 

just revived your container to check the new LibreDrive support with my drive – and it seems to be supported, great!

it only has one option not enabled and that one is the unrestricted drive speed (or very similar called). but i guess this is feature might be coming in the future and needs to be implemented by the developers of MakeMKV.

 

now your container offers an RDP session. i only ask myself which credentials to use for the connection (using none for user/password doesn't work).

 

thx.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, s.Oliver said:

hey saarg,

 

just revived your container to check the new LibreDrive support with my drive – and it seems to be supported, great!

it only has one option not enabled and that one is the unrestricted drive speed (or very similar called). but i guess this is feature might be coming in the future and needs to be implemented by the developers of MakeMKV.

 

now your container offers an RDP session. i only ask myself which credentials to use for the connection (using none for user/password doesn't work).

 

thx.

There is nothing I can do about libredrive. It's the makemkv author that needs to enable the features. 

My drives doesn't even have any Libredrive I FO at all. 

 

I don't remember there being any username/password at all for rdp. Long time since I used it, so have to check tomorrow. 

Edited by saarg

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.