[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

I'm having similar issues as above and as I've had in the past. MakeMKV was working well for a long time, but didn't like one of the latests discs that I put in, so I restarted and when I opened the GUI again, I get an error stating I'm not using the latest version and need to enter a registration key if I want to continue (I have a paid registration key that I've typed in more times than I care to do).

I've modified the settings.config file a number of times, but my edits don't effect the program. Modifying settings or entering the key within the GUI edit the config file, but I can't get it to work the other way which is very strange.

I just opened my settings.config file and my registration code is still present, so I'm not sure why it isn't working.

Here's the path to my file: /mnt/cache/Docker/apps/MakeMKV/config

And here's my settings.config file contents:

#

# MakeMKV settings file, written by MakeMKV v1.9.10 linux(x64-release)

#

app_DestinationDir = "/unRaid/Movies/Adult"

app_DestinationType = "3"

app_Key = "M-Bjb9mgHIiL......x5ygIn"

app_dtshddec = ""

I've had a similar issue in the past, but found that if I never restart the GUI, the key doesn't disappear.

Could you post a screenshot of the container template?

Could you also post the output of the below command run in the config folder.

ls -la

Could you post a screenshot of the container template?

Could you also post the output of the below command run in the config folder.

ls-la

needs a space between "ls " and optional parameters like "-la", so make it look like this:

ls -la

Thanks. Bloody autocorrect!

Here's a screenshot of the container template.where do I go to run the command you wanted to see? Do I need to use a computer for it (I rarely use anything other than my tablet)?

Thanks.

You either need a computer with Putty installed on it, or install the plugin "Command Line" via CA and then you can do everything via the webUI, or locally at the attached keyboard / monitor

You're going to want to run this command:

ls -al /mnt/cache/Docker/apps/MakeMKV/config

Here's a screenshot of the container template.where do I go to run the command you wanted to see? Do I need to use a computer for it (I rarely use anything other than my tablet)?

Thanks.

Looks like you messed up the path to the appdata folder. Remove config from the host path and it should work again.

Thanks.

in my case, the format of the added string for the "Extra Parameters" needs to look like "--device=/dev/sr0" and not "--device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0"

Thanks.

in my case, the format of the added string for the "Extra Parameters" needs to look like "--device=/dev/sr0" and not "--device=/dev/sr0:/dev/sr0"

Both are correct  ;) In newer docker version it is no longer needed to specify the container part (the part after the : ), it uses the host path if none is specified for the container.

I keep getting this "Error: layers from manifest don't match image configuration"

It's a known problem. If you are running the 6.2 beta/rc you need to delete your docker.img and install your containers again. If you're running 6.1.9 there isn't much you can do I think.

• 4 weeks later...

Just want to let you know that version v1.10.1 (10.8.2016) is out.

Changelog:

• Improved support for BD-Java discs. Still works reliably only when opening the original disc or encrypted backup (not a decrypted backup).
  • Added support for DD+ dependent streams, previously DD+ 7.1 extension streams were incorrectly identified as independent 4.0 audio
  • MakeMKV now saves additional metadata information when making a full-disc backup, to preserve all BD-Java related info
  • Bug fixes:Mac OS X: Program could hang in "Please install Java" dialog, even if Java was installed

• 3 weeks later...

The mkv is not inside the container.  I can see it in the user share from another machine on the network.  MakeMKV also shows 82G free and the output size never makes it to 1G before it errors.

Unfortunately, the log window doesn't really provide any help either.  I guess I'll keep digging and see if I can find any other logs.  You wouldn't happen to know if MakeMKV stores logs somewhere else?

It is using a cache drive...  and the cache drive shows 89G free.

anyway, i would try to make a change to the setup, to see if there's a change in the process.

maybe you could create a new share, point it to the array (without cache drive involved) and see, if you experience a change/success.

The mkv is not inside the container.  I can see it in the user share from another machine on the network.  MakeMKV also shows 82G free and the output size never makes it to 1G before it errors.

Unfortunately, the log window doesn't really provide any help either.  I guess I'll keep digging and see if I can find any other logs.  You wouldn't happen to know if MakeMKV stores logs somewhere else?

You could try to enable the "log debug messages" and see if you get any useful.

Unfortunately it looks like "log debug messages" only writes the messages from the log window to a file and doesn't actually provide any more detail.  I'm still running unRaid on some low spec hardware I had laying around to get started (only 1 core celeron and 1G ram).  I think my next step is to use some beefier hardware and see if that helps.

Unfortunately it looks like "log debug messages" only writes the messages from the log window to a file and doesn't actually provide any more detail.  I'm still running unRaid on some low spec hardware I had laying around to get started (only 1 core celeron and 1G ram).  I think my next step is to use some beefier hardware and see if that helps.

Are you using the default profile when ripping or custom?