[support] MakeMKV-RDP container Deprecated

I think I borked my container. I had originally set up the output folder to be on my array. I wanted to change this to be the cache drive instead so I went in to edit the container and changed the folder location. Clicked done and got an error about EOF. Now my docker doesn't appear in the list at all! Anyone know where I went wrong???

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This docker fails to start for me. I have more then 10GB available in my image, and all other dockers are running just fine. Attached is a copy of my settings. There is also no setting.conf or any other files where I mapped the config folder to. I also get

dae9c26d16de67a73dc8a5856b290fab78ee27a2a2c42990ad0037f37253b453

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container dae9c26d16de67a73dc8a5856b290fab78ee27a2a2c42990ad0037f37253b453: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/sr0": lstat /dev/sr0: no such file or directory

EDIT: by removing the "extra parameters" settings referencing sr0=  , I managed to get the docker to start. Should I have removed this line? Should it be something else entirely? Is this solely for passing an otical drive to this program? Also, I cannot paste the key into the MakeMKV GUI when you hit "register". And there is no settings.conf file in the /config folder. Will it still work?

EDIT: Just creating a file called settings.conf in your config (666 perms and chowned to nobody:users) and adding that string seems to do the trick.

Capture.PNG.37e9ef1a9dde99c98b190c1c2ba1be09.PNG

This docker fails to start for me. I have more then 10GB available in my image, and all other dockers are running just fine. Attached is a copy of my settings. There is also no setting.conf or any other files where I mapped the config folder to. I also get

dae9c26d16de67a73dc8a5856b290fab78ee27a2a2c42990ad0037f37253b453

Error response from daemon: Cannot start container dae9c26d16de67a73dc8a5856b290fab78ee27a2a2c42990ad0037f37253b453: error gathering device information while adding custom device "/dev/sr0": lstat /dev/sr0: no such file or directory

EDIT: by removing the "extra parameters" settings referencing sr0=  , I managed to get the docker to start. Should I have removed this line? Should it be something else entirely? Is this solely for passing an otical drive to this program? Also, I cannot paste the key into the MakeMKV GUI when you hit "register". And there is no settings.conf file in the /config folder. Will it still work?

EDIT: Just creating a file called settings.conf in your config (666 perms and chowned to nobody:users) and adding that string seems to do the trick.

The info you need is in the first post  ;)

You might have to edit settings before makemkv saves the file.

The extra parameters field is only for passing through an optical drive.

For some reason its not possible to paste stuff from outside the container. Its also just american keyboard layout available.

I see that you recently added ffmpeg 2.8 to support Dolby Atmos.  I have an Atmos disc but do not see the Atmos tracks.  All I see is TureHD 7.1.  I have also logged into the container and run "ffmpeg -version" but ffmpeg is not found "bash: ffmpeg: command not found"

I would love to help fix this, please let me know what I can do to help? 

Is this a know issue?  Was ffmpeg simple installed or was makemkv compiled with ffmpeg?

thanks

I see that you recently added ffmpeg 2.8 to support Dolby Atmos.  I have an Atmos disc but do not see the Atmos tracks.  All I see is TureHD 7.1.  I have also logged into the container and run "ffmpeg -version" but ffmpeg is not found "bash: ffmpeg: command not found"

I would love to help fix this, please let me know what I can do to help? 

Is this a know issue?  Was ffmpeg simple installed or was makemkv compiled with ffmpeg?

thanks

It works. I think you didn't check good enough. Mark where it says TrueHD Surround 7.1 and you will see that in the  info window to the right it says Codec: TrueHD Atmos.

gRdWKof.png

• 2 weeks later...

I'm new to Unraid and just got my trial version up and running over the weekend. I'm building a media server and would like to consolidate two systems into 1 by getting rid of my windows pc that I use to make MKV files. This docker looks perfect, but I need to know how to setup my optical drive. I don't want to run a VM if I can help it and I'm not very familiar with Linux. I read that Unraid doesn't have drivers for optical drives prepackaged. What do I need to get this up and running?

Thanks for all the awesome work! Once I get the bugs worked out with my network (switching from wifi to gigabit lan) I'll be buying the full license.

I'm new to Unraid and just got my trial version up and running over the weekend. I'm building a media server and would like to consolidate two systems into 1 by getting rid of my windows pc that I use to make MKV files. This docker looks perfect, but I need to know how to setup my optical drive. I don't want to run a VM if I can help it and I'm not very familiar with Linux. I read that Unraid doesn't have drivers for optical drives prepackaged. What do I need to get this up and running?

Thanks for all the awesome work! Once I get the bugs worked out with my network (switching from wifi to gigabit lan) I'll be buying the full license.

Just add the container and see if your drive is available in the container GUI  :D

I'm a complete novice at this, so I didn't expect things to work on my first try.

I just tried to install the docker and it failed trying to find the optical drive. This could be because I'm still using the trial version and had to plug in the bluray drive while hot since it counts as a fourth device.

I'm also not sure what to input for the host ports. Is anything needed here if I don't plan to remote in?

If you think the issue is the hot addition of the drive, can I start the system without the cache drive just to see if things will work?

IMG_0083.PNG

IMG_0084.PNG

IMG_0085.PNG

Your drive has to be in the scsi devices list for it to work. I haven't tried the trial so not sure how it works, but if you are already at the limit plugging in the drive doesn't help. You will have to remove one of the other disks then. Cache is not good as the docker image is most likely there.

You have to fill in the host ports or else you have no way of connecting to the container. It uses remote connection to access  :) If you have no other gui containers you can use the same ports.

Your drive has to be in the scsi devices list for it to work. I haven't tried the trial so not sure how it works, but if you are already at the limit plugging in the drive doesn't help. You will have to remove one of the other disks then. Cache is not good as the docker image is most likely there.

You have to fill in the host ports or else you have no way of connecting to the container. It uses remote connection to access  :) If you have no other gui containers you can use the same ports.

I bit the bullet and bought the plus license this morning. Hopefully I'm happy with the system once it's set up.

I'll add my additional 4 drives and reboot tonight. Hopefully the Bluray drive shows up at that point.

Thank you for the help.

Restarted the system tonight and the device showed up as you expected. Finished installing the docker and it looks like we're up and running. I added 2 new drives, so I have to wait for them to clear, but once that's done I'll try to rip a disk. Everything looks good so far though, including the default folder location.

Thanks again for all your work on this!

• 2 weeks later...

I did a restart on my makemkv and seeing the following error -

Error: failed to start containers: makemkv-rdp

error response from dameon: cannot start container Makemkv\rpd: open /var/lib/dockers/containers/d171378eb543068c5a3a2586c8a35d88de23eaafe92cd449177d77a45a77fb3/host: read-only file- system

I did a restart on my makemkv and seeing the following error -

Error: failed to start containers: makemkv-rdp

error response from dameon: cannot start container Makemkv\rpd: open /var/lib/dockers/containers/d171378eb543068c5a3a2586c8a35d88de23eaafe92cd449177d77a45a77fb3/host: read-only file- system

Might be your docker.img file is corrupted or full. Try to scrub it in the docker settings page.