FFmpeg support in Headphones

Just wanted to make this post to let everyone know that converting flac to mp3 with headphones is possible.  I have no idea if it can be implemented in to the container itself, but until it happens, feel free to try this.

for the record, I started here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2245501

so, hop into the headphone container (bash)

I do not know if all of the commands are needed or not, by the end I did them, it worked, so I am leaving them all in there, if you try with less, yay.

add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install libav-tools
apt-get install ffmpeg

whereis ffmpeg  -----> should be /usr/bin/ffmpeg, add this to your headphone config and you should be good to go.  You can also try just executing ffmpeg, you should get ffmpeg dialog back

Single line, should do all the same (I think):

add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get install libav-tools && apt-get install ffmpeg

By all means, if you see something good or bad with what I am doing, let me know, but I was able to import flac and convert to mp3.

word.

• 5 months later...

Just wanted to make this post to let everyone know that converting flac to mp3 with headphones is possible.  I have no idea if it can be implemented in to the container itself, but until it happens, feel free to try this.

for the record, I started here: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2245501

so, hop into the headphone container (bash)

I do not know if all of the commands are needed or not, by the end I did them, it worked, so I am leaving them all in there, if you try with less, yay.

add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
apt-get install libav-tools
apt-get install ffmpeg

whereis ffmpeg  -----> should be /usr/bin/ffmpeg, add this to your headphone config and you should be good to go.  You can also try just executing ffmpeg, you should get ffmpeg dialog back

Single line, should do all the same (I think):

add-apt-repository ppa:mc3man/trusty-media && apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade && apt-get install libav-tools && apt-get install ffmpeg

By all means, if you see something good or bad with what I am doing, let me know, but I was able to import flac and convert to mp3.

word.

The Linuxserver.io Containers now have the option of running a custom script on startup, that  could be used to ensure you get ffmpeg installed. (Method will not be published here, as we do not support it, in a formal sense) join us on irc or something, and we can tell you.