Upgrading to v6, server is on network but can't access webGUI

I'm trying to upgrade to v6.0.1 from v5.0.5. I prepped my flash drive and copied the config files that I wanted to keep per the upgrade instructions. I currently don't have any plugins, so no issues there.

The server will boot up, gets assigned an IP address by the router. Everything looks good on the console (as far as I can tell) and I can telnet into the server just fine.

I cannot access the webGUI. Typing either http://tower or 192.168.1.109 into Chrome gives the error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED". Meanwhile Internet Explorer just gives the generic "This page cannot be displayed" error.

I can type \\tower or \\192.168.1.109 into Windows File Explorer and it just goes to an empty folder. I tried creating a syslog on the console but I typed the command into the command line and nothing happened, it just immediately returned to another #root prompt.

Any ideas on why webGUI is not responding?

Processor: AMD A4-4020 3.2GHz dual-core

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-F2A88X-UP4 FM2+

RAM: Crucial 1GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

Drives: 1x 4TB parity, 2x 4TB data

Thanks for any help!!

• 2 months later...

This forum is superhelpful! Sadly I have no idea what to do here... It doesn't work straight from the box. i can ping, but no web...

You've hijacked someone else's thread, but since they don't seem to be using it I guess I will go with you.

Do you have a monitor and keyboard attached to your unRAID?