Supermicro IPMI problems

has anyone ran into problems with supermicro's IPMI lately? IPMI view doesn't seem to want to work anymore, this is the first time I've had problems with it. At first I couldn't get KVM to pop up and now it won't even detect the ip address of the server, Ideas? The server runs fine turning it on manually, just not over IPMI.

I have Supermicro X9SCL+-F if it matters and using IPMI View V2.9.32 (build 14064) if it matters.

Thank you,

David.

• 2 weeks later...

has anyone ran into problems with supermicro's IPMI lately? IPMI view doesn't seem to want to work anymore, this is the first time I've had problems with it. At first I couldn't get KVM to pop up and now it won't even detect the ip address of the server, Ideas? The server runs fine turning it on manually, just not over IPMI.

I have Supermicro X9SCL+-F if it matters and using IPMI View V2.9.32 (build 14064) if it matters.

Thank you,

David.

I have not had any issues with IPMI.

Are you using the dedicated IPMI network port on your mobo? 

• 3 months later...

Now this is excatly what I experience right now. IPMI view worked fine, 2 weeks, and now suddenly it stopped. I got JAVA update to WIN10, and ever since it has not worked. It cannot detect IP address. Anybody got a clue what might be the issue here.

I use only Firefox

I have also made this from this site, but still no effect.

http://support.limestonenetworks.com/knowledge-base/ipmi-issues-with-java-8/

I cannot figure out what might be wrong here...

• 1 month later...

I've always had problems with SM's Java-based IPMI and Mac OS X (haven't tried accessing via a Windows box) with the Java client constantly hanging when launching most of the time.  I think when Java version 6 and newer became required is when I started having these issues.

I currently have two unRAID boxes both with SM mobo's.  I'm currently having PCI problems with my X9SCM-F (constant "sas_eh_handle_sas_errors" involving HBA's installed in either slot 4 or 5, both 4x) so now I'm contemplating getting a new mobo and looking at anything not SuperMicro.

I need IPMI so I hope other non-SM mobo's with IPMI can be accessed much more reliably...