SAS2008 no drives detected

Hello,

I'm attempting to try the 6x release of unraid after being gone since the early 5.x days

I have 3 LSI cards, one is flashed to IT mode (I had this in my original unraid build years ago) and the other two are stock 9240-8i.

Upon booting unraid 6, the 3 PCI devices are detected and show up in the tools section under devices but none of the 4 test drives I've plugged Into them are appearing.

01:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)
02:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)
03:00.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID SAS 2008 [Falcon] (rev 03)

I'm running this via usb bare metal (no esxi) and on a Supermicro X9SCM-iif.

My regular setup uses the same hardware but with esxi and a Debian vm running snapraid. I know the drives and cards work.

Here is the syslog https://www.dropbox.com/s/h84m1w3pqrk4tlp/tower-syslog-20150802-1059.zip?dl=0

Have I missed something ?

Cheers,

Hey

Thanks for the speedy response. In hindsight I can't be 100% sure now that you mention it. I can't really remember when I bought the first card.

However, from the wiki entry, it would seem that they are supported (mine are essentially IBM M1015 / 1115 cards.

http://lime-technology.com/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Compatibility#PCI_SATA_Controllers

Am I out of luck coming back to unraid?

Cheers