Needo Plex Hanging on Startup- Log Attached

My plex server has been running fine for a long time.  I restarted the server today and my docker says Plex is running but I can't connect when I try to open the WebUI.  When I look at the log, it seems it is trying to update but its not going any further after a few hours.  What should I do?

Screen_Shot_2015-08-02_at_9_43.11_PM.png.478a9f73d068a33615d95eb1da1a7765.png

Hi,

I had experienced similar problems when it was updating Plex to a later version. What you are seeing in the log is Plex updating. You won't see the GUI until it has successfully completed that step.

When I used the variable, VERSION with a value of 0.9.14 or something like that,it then worked for me. If you put in the 0.9.12.xxxx where xxxx is the number of the version you are upgrading from, that should backdate your install to what was working previously for you.

I think the version I was having problems with was when it was updating to 0.9.16...IIRC.

Although I did get Needo's Plex to work on an earlier version, I have since migrated over to the LinuxServer version of Plex without too much hassle.

So my advice, if you can get it working on an earlier version, use that and then wait for a much more stable version...but be prepared to reinstall a few times to check from time to time if the latest version is working. I never waited to determine the reasons why it kept failing.

Alternatively, try another container for Plex. LimeTech's is officially supported but does not presently include the PlexPass version.

Cheers,

gwl