moviegrabber (new to dockers) - mapping a drive in linux?

I haven't looked at SAB in a while since I use NZBGet. I think that text in SAB is just telling you that if you wanted it to use network folders you would have to map a drive. Since the docker will be running on unRAID I assume you don't want it to use folders on another computer somewhere else on the network. If you do want to do this for some reason then we can get into those details.

Probably what you need to do is just figure out where in the container volumes you want it to read/write that stuff.

This is not for SAB, unfortunately. This is the configuration in moviegrabber, which insists you map a drive to the SAB folders in order to confgure it.

Which leads me back to my first question :)

I appreciate the help!

Are SAB and moviegrabber both dockers running on the same server? If so, there is no reason to "map a drive", which does not exactly mean anything in linux anyway. It is possible to mount a network share, but if they are on the same server then all you need to do is configure the dockers so their container volumes map to the same host paths.

So assuming SAB is also a docker running on the same server, I think your first question is probably still the wrong one. How is SAB docker configured?

I think that's why I'm confused - both the moviegrabbers directions and 'sample' paths tell me to map a drive like its windows. but that's not possible, as you have confirmed :)

my original quote is from the moviegrabber readme on the forums

Watched Folder, NZB Folder, Completed Folder

Note:- UNC paths are NOT currently supported, please make sure you map to a drive letter.

3 images coming your way

SAB Docker Config

MG Docker Config

And the MG config of the WEB UI - you can see the sample paths eg. C:\folder\folder

Thanks for helping me figure this out!

Mark

MOVIEGRABBER_DOCKER.jpg.808993ec2628d0bf1f0fb530cc16872f.jpg

I have CP set up and it works well.

I really like the feature set of moviegrabber (based on year/director/genre) customization and I wanted to give it a shot.

I am not sure why all these repo's would offer it if it can be only set up via windows. that's odd..

I'm going to try and cross post on SABs forums and see if anyone can help.

Thanks!

Since I don't use either of these and only have a vague idea of what movie grabber might be, I'm not sure I can tell you exactly what the answers are.

What are your SAB settings for the 3 SAB folders movie grabber is asking for?

downloads/complete

downloads/incomplete

downloads/watched

I have tried various ways (full path, etc) to put these in but the settings won't stick. i assume its because it wants a mapped drive.

Since I don't use either of these and only have a vague idea of what movie grabber might be, I'm not sure I can tell you exactly what the answers are.

What are your SAB settings for the 3 SAB folders movie grabber is asking for?

downloads/complete

downloads/incomplete

downloads/watched

I have tried various ways (full path, etc) to put these in but the settings won't stick. i assume its because it wants a mapped drive.

Seems like you are not really understanding the whole volume mapping thing. Your SAB mapping for downloads, for example, is /mnt/cache/appdata. That is just going to clutter up your appdata share with your downloads.

In any case, there is no way for the mappings you have for these 2 dockers to allow them to access each others files.

You say you have CP working. Is it working with SAB? If so, how did you get it to work? Getting moviegrabber to see SAB downloads should be very similar.

You really need to understand volume mappings or you are never going to be able to answer these sorts of questions for yourself.

I have everything working together and have successfully configured all my other docker volume mappings.

SAB and couch potato are working fine.

SAB and sonar are working fine.

Downloads are not going into the appdata root folder.

Downloads (for all docker I configured so far) are harmoniously working together with the following structures.

appdata/downloads/complete

appdata/downloads/incomplete

appdata/downloads/watched.

The problem is moviegrabber doesn't take these as valid mappings (inside the moviegrabber configuration) as all the others do.

I have everything working together and have successfully configured all my other docker volume mappings.

SAB and couch potato are working fine.

SAB and sonar are working fine.

Downloads are not going into the appdata root folder.

Downloads (for all docker I configured so far) are harmoniously working together with the following structures.

appdata/downloads/complete

appdata/downloads/incomplete

appdata/downloads/watched.

The problem is moviegrabber doesn't take these as valid mappings (inside the moviegrabber configuration) as all the others do.

So did you change something? If so, new screenshots to show the volume mappings for SAB and moviegrabber.