Running a combination of Plex AND Zappiti or Yamj

Two questions I can't find an answer to, or I'm just not looking in the right place...

(1) When I finish my UNRAID server build, is it possible to run Plex for the Rokus and smart TVs throughout the house and also run Yamj or Zappiti (or similar) for a standalone media player in the dedicated home theater room (currently have a Dune Smart D1)?

(2) I assume that if I were to use an HTPC instead of the Dune or similar media player, that "pre show" playlists would be fairly straightforward.  Throughout the house, Plex is more than capable of handling our local media streaming needs.  In the home theater, it probably is as well but I want to make sure that when I'm done and up and running I can do something really geeky.  I want to be able create a playlist of trailers, sound system bumpers and my custom home theater intro that will play before the movie.  I want to to be able to specify what trailers play and what order everything plays in not have Plex select them for me.  I may be wrong but it looked as if the cinema trailer feature is kind of random.

Still reading through this and the Plex forum and looking into EmPlexer and DCP for integrating the Dune with Plex which would make question one irrelevant.

Thanks