Share Your Banners

wgstarks

• 2 weeks later...

None of the banners I commonly used looked good since applying the 6.6.0 update.  In fact, most of them made the text unreadable and really clashed color wise. 

I prefer photographic/scenery type banners so, it was time to make some new ones.  I use the "black" theme on my main server and I just created the banner below from a sunset photograph.  The server information on the right looks much better over a light background so I took a 1920x90 slice from a photograph and flipped it horizontally.

I am sure I will do others, but, for now, this looks good and I can read the text.  Note:  Personally I preferred the version number on the right side with the server info and the license info with the logo, but, Limetech/Bonienl has switched those now.  I find the version number particularly hard to read on almost any banner I create since it is such a dark orange.  I suppose it would look fine over white or a very light background.

image.thumb.png.5a5834f469c79c126f222ca838a4ca47.png

Dark Sunset.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Hoopster said:

Note:  Personally I preferred the version number on the right side with the server info and the license info with the logo, but, Limetech/Bonienl has switched those now.  I find the version number particularly hard to read on almost any banner I create since it is such a dark orange.

Agreed. +1

Ugh! 6.6 moved my cheese! :( Please @Limetech, @Bonienl put it back.

Your banner looks good though bruh! 👍

6 hours ago, bonienl said:

The switch was done after internal discussion how to best display "trial" information. This is now appended to the registration field at the right side.

Right, I figured there was a reason.  I didn't ask for it to be switched back; just stating a personal preference. 

Since I prefer the photograph/scenery banners, it is hard for me to find one that is naturally light enough and not "busy" on both ends such that all the text shows up well and it works well with the colors.  The example I created above, is the best I have found so far.  Obviously, it is possible to create some really nice looking banners with the new theme (like your example), and, overall, I really like it.

Since I have been playing with banners lately, here are a bunch of 1920x90 scenery banners I have created.  Most look better with white theme but some work with the black theme as well. 

EDIT:  Now that custom text colors can be defined, theme color does not matter.

Bird.png

Horizon.png

Lake.png

Marsh.thumb.png.349987607d8bd5d94e2731c7199ba436.png

Orange Sunset.png

Palm Sunset.png

Patagonia-2.png

Purple Sunset.png

Purple waves sunset.png

Stream.png

Sunset.png

LLouise.png

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Since I have been playing with banners lately, here are a bunch of 1920x90 scenery banners I have created.  Most look better with white theme but some work with the black theme as well.

I downloaded one of your themes and opened it in Photoshop Elements.  It was only 1000 X 47 pixels in size!  You may have to add a dummy extension onto the  file name to 'trick'  the BBS to prevent it from scaling your original artwork.   

4 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

You are correct.  The 1920x90 images are being scaled to 1000x47 on the forum.  I'll see what I can do to prevent that.

When I click on the image it opens a new window with the image only. I click again this image and then it is saved as 1920x90 size.

Nice images :) 

Edited by bonienl
35 minutes ago, Harro said:

Is there a way to remove the overlay and choose a font color?

header.jpg

@bonienl That would be nice.  Most of the images I posted above look best with the white theme because that includes white text in the area you highlighted.  I prefer the black theme but that includes black text in the server info section.  Black text is much harder to read with scenery, very dark, or busy images (even with the overlay); white still shows up well.  It would be nice if you could chose the text color regardless of selected theme.  A "nicety", of course, is different than a "necessity" 😀

Here's my LED Zeppelin Banner with the black theme:

image.thumb.png.8fd5504f5817df34f0c43b9eb56536d8.png

Here it is with white theme:

image.thumb.png.62c4e483deb23b662b6038e362258edd.png

It would be great if I could have the Black theme with white text in the server info area.

Edited by Hoopster