Share Your Banners

wgstarks

5 hours ago, bonienl said:

I made a new setting which allows to overrule the header text color with a custom color.

Wow! That was fast.  Already showed up today in 6.6.1 😀

EDIT:  I also noticed the selected color applies to the unRAID version number as well.  👍

Edited by Hoopster
Just now, Joseph said:

Where do I find the official/optimal settings for custom banners? Is it correct to gather from this post all banners should be 1920x90 to avoid stretching?

Depends on your monitor resolution.  The unRAID GUI used to be fixed at a 1280 pixel width regardless of monitor resolution and the recommended banner size was 1270x90.  I, and many others, have a 1920x1080/1200 resolution monitor.  With the GUI now using the full monitor width, "old" banners are stretched to fill.

All the banners I create are 1920x90 since that is my monitor resolution.  For others, it may be different.

On 9/28/2018 at 8:59 PM, Hoopster said:

Since several of you seem to be using this banner provided by Trites (I like it as well), I modified it for those who prefer 1920x90 without stretching the original 1270x90 banner.

Electricity.png

Did realize people would actually like the banner. LOL 

I made it from a wallpaper a found years ago. I'll attach the original wallpaper.

Wallpaper in the Style of High Tech.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, a picture with a short story... I took a panorama with my iPhone at night of the Lentos Museum of Modern Art in Linz, Upper Austria illuminated in blue with the Ars Electronica Center on the other side of river Danube illuminated at this time in pink (or whatever colour this is) visible in the background. Reminds me always of a visit of my 12 year old son when I was hospitalized there, we had a great evening together (at the museum, bookstores, computer shops, had a phantastic steak dinner and than a night together in the family room at hospital). I'm a bit sentimental, I know...

unraid_header.thumb.png.eb08a9c8e00c9d5aef40fe7e27e60c71.png

Edited by 40foot
  • Like 2

youve gave me

On 8/9/2015 at 12:40 AM, wgstarks said:

Since custom banners are coming soon I thought maybe some folks would like to share.

you`ve gave me an idea. what if there is a plugin where it can automaticlly rotate between unraid banners saved in a certain folder? or have the desert hills change scene over time, mojave style?

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

About 5 minutes of messing around in Paint, from the game Risk of Rain. Took the default size of 1920x90 and doubled it to work well on 4k monitors. While it -does- look stretched in the preview window, I've noticed no stretching for my 1080p or 1440p monitors. Also changed the text color to white.eZSmKaP.thumb.png.1d34b150172954febf5babf30257b0f8.png

Edited by WaffleClap
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 8:28 PM, Hoopster said:

Depends on your monitor resolution.  The unRAID GUI used to be fixed at a 1280 pixel width regardless of monitor resolution and the recommended banner size was 1270x90.  I, and many others, have a 1920x1080/1200 resolution monitor.  With the GUI now using the full monitor width, "old" banners are stretched to fill.

All the banners I create are 1920x90 since that is my monitor resolution.  For others, it may be different.

I've got a mixture of 1080p and 4K monitors.  Is there a solution to one banner that displays correctly on 4K and 1080p?

4 minutes ago, Pauven said:

I've got a mixture of 1080p and 4K monitors.  Is there a solution to one banner that displays correctly on 4K and 1080p?

I did a little playing on my 2560X1600 monitor.  It would appear that the image is 'stretched' horizontally as the width of the browser changes.  So my best assumption would be (if you want everything to geometrically correct) is to use a solid color banner with no images.  On further reflection, you could also use a banner that transitions across the color spectrum as the geometric stretch would not be apparent.  (By the way, the geometric distortion is not too bad when a 1920 banner is stretched to 2560...) 

What I am not certain about is whether the folks discussing this issue are using the GUI boot option and viewing the banner on the console (which I imagine would be full screen) or if they are viewing the GUI on an remote device (PC, Smartphone, Tablet).  If they are using the console GUI, they could edit an existing banner to be the proper pixel size for any resolution monitor.  

I don't GUI boot, and rarely view the GUI on a mobile device (rare enough that I don't care how it looks there).

90% of the time, I'm viewing in Chrome or Firefox on a 4K monitor.  Sometimes I'm viewing full screen, and sometimes I pin the browser to one half of the screen.  So effectively I'm viewing at both 3840 and 1920 on the same monitor.  Occasionally I view on my 1080p TV.

To test, I just created a 4K banner (3840 x 90) and it looks perfect at fullscreen, but when I shrink the browser to half the screen width the banner gets smooshed.

I also noticed that due to the smooshing/stretching, the server info at the right and Unraid logo at left cover different portions of the banner depending upon how smooshed/stretched the banner is.  The banner I created is very dark, and needs a lighter box at both ends to make the text overlays readable, but the size of the necessary box changes depending upon the smoosh/stretch factor.  Would be nice to be able to adjust the transparency of the server info background box instead - is that possible?  It is too transparent.

I'm still on 6.6.6 - not sure if 6.7 changes any of this behavior.

Paul

Try creating a banner with a horizontal width of (say) 3000 Pixels.  This might give a banner that won't look too distorted at the extremes.  I did some light overlay boxes for my banners and had to adjust the width to sure that the box always allowed the text to be visible.  (I was working in Photoshop Elements and put the overlay boxes in a separate layers which made adjusting them much easier.)  

31 minutes ago, Frank1940 said:

Try creating a banner with a horizontal width of (say) 3000 Pixels.  This might give a banner that won't look too distorted at the extremes.

That's a great idea.  That way it's either half stretched or half squished, so it will look more normal.

I went ahead and created a 1080p version, and even stretched to 4K it looks okay, so for this one I'll just stick with 1080p.

Since we seemed to be missing some AMD love in here:

RyzenBannerExample.thumb.png.00b35c916cef69b18dc10b7c446215a9.png

Banner_Ryzen_2K.thumb.png.d2cd4657e94c78b4e21893e6bd9fcb57.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1