[REPO] LinuxServer.io Docker Repo

I have a problem pulling any of LinuxServer docker images.

Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/mariadb, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Any way to see log/debug the pull request?

Alternatively how can I manually pull and install the docker images?

It's been like that for weeks and I'm quite desperate here.

Other dockers, even from the same docker hub server, are pulled successfully.

Thanks.

Docker.Image.Pulling.Error2.jpg.5bfdbd6131e9282266ab365d075d2e87.jpg

The best we can say is that it's an issue with dockerhub.  Why it is affecting our containers and nobody elses I can't say.  Usually with these issues it works after a little while, but if you've been having the problem for weeks that's unusual.  What are your DNS settings?

Not only your containers. Can't pull mace's Qbittorrent docker too.

DNS is set to my router's ip address, but I changed it to Google's DNS servers and no change - still can't pool your docker images.

I can pull other images from dockerhub so the DNS was a long shot anyway.

I tried dockerhub forums, and will try again, but is the another way to download a docker image and install it?

I don't know anything about unix, but the installation command is in the log so I guess it can be run manually (?).

DNS is set to my router's ip address, but I changed it to Google's DNS servers and no change - still can't pool your docker images.

I tried dockerhub forums, and will try again, but is the another way to download a docker image and install it?

I don't know anything about unix, but the installation command is in the log so I guess it can be run manually (?).

i think this may be related to this email from dockerhub

Dear Docker Hub User,

TL;DR: If you use Pull-By-Digest, remember to upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st 2016.

On June 1st, 2016, we're upgrading Docker Hub to support the newest version of the Docker image manifest format. This will allow us to support images in multiple architectures and for multiple operating systems later.

This upgrade also changes how Pull-By-Digest works. This means that older Docker engine versions (1.7 to 1.9) won't be able to use Pull-By-Digest for images published by newer Docker versions (1.10 and later).

We see that you're using Pull-By-Digest with an older version of Docker Engine. If you don't upgrade, you'll only be able to use pull-by-digest on images published by older versions of Docker, and you’ll need to change your pull method to specify individual tags for some Docker images.

We want you to be able to use your preferred pull method on images published by any Docker version. To do this, you should upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st, 2016.

You can download Docker 1.10 here: https://www.docker.com/products/docker-toolbox

For more information on Image Manifest Version 2, Schema 2, please visit: https://github.com/docker/distribution/blob/master/docs/spec/manifest-v2-2.md

Thank you,
The Docker Hub Team

i think this may be related to this email from dockerhub

Dear Docker Hub User,

TL;DR: If you use Pull-By-Digest, remember to upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st 2016.

On June 1st, 2016, we're upgrading Docker Hub to support the newest version of the Docker image manifest format. This will allow us to support images in multiple architectures and for multiple operating systems later.

This upgrade also changes how Pull-By-Digest works. This means that older Docker engine versions (1.7 to 1.9) won't be able to use Pull-By-Digest for images published by newer Docker versions (1.10 and later).

We see that you're using Pull-By-Digest with an older version of Docker Engine. If you don't upgrade, you'll only be able to use pull-by-digest on images published by older versions of Docker, and you’ll need to change your pull method to specify individual tags for some Docker images.

We want you to be able to use your preferred pull method on images published by any Docker version. To do this, you should upgrade to Docker Engine 1.10 by June 1st, 2016.

You can download Docker 1.10 here: https://www.docker.com/products/docker-toolbox

For more information on Image Manifest Version 2, Schema 2, please visit: https://github.com/docker/distribution/blob/master/docs/spec/manifest-v2-2.md

Thank you,
The Docker Hub Team

hallelujah! Thanks a lot.

I'll wait and see if any solution will be agreed upon following this discovery.

Edit: New thread created in "Docker Engine" forum regarding this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that has had problems with grabbing the linuxserver.io docker templates today the issue has now been fixed.

The cause was an overenthusiastic bit of "tidying up" by one of the members who will remain nameless but will be punished accordingly and he is deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.  :o 

lq1ONs3.png

For anyone that has had problems with grabbing the linuxserver.io docker templates today the issue has now been fixed.

The cause was an overenthusiastic bit of "tidying up" by one of the members who will remain nameless but will be punished accordingly and he is deeply sorry for any inconvenience caused.  :o 

lq1ONs3.png

Break out the wet noodles and began the beating.

lq1ONs3.png

lq1ONs3.png

I bow to your greatness CHBMB ;)

lq1ONs3.png

I bow to your greatness CHBMB ;)

Now, now that's the media god you're talking to.  Show the appropriate reverence and kneel at his shrine

But I feel for him http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=48733.0

Look I'm perfectly happy to have people rib me about this but do you all really find it necessary to quote my post!?  It's like rubbing my nose in it...  ;D

And yes, I was proclaimed a media god and had a shrine made and everything....

Rub your nose in it?  Nah, we're more mature than that... ok... maybe I'm not more mature than that, but I'm positive sure reasonably confident will assume there has to be at least one person who isn't laughing

Look I'm perfectly happy to have people rib me about this but do you all really find it necessary to quote my post!?  It's like rubbing my nose in it...  ;D

And yes, I was proclaimed a media god and had a shrine made and everything....

Rub your nose in it?  Nah, we're more mature than that... ok... maybe I'm not more mature than that, but I'm positive sure reasonably confident will assume there has to be at least one person who isn't laughing

These guys maybe?

• 4 weeks later...

linuxserver_medium.png

Over the past couple of months, there have been a few things going on in the Linuxserver.io world which has led to a slower pace of development and a little less community interaction, and for that we can only apologise. Now we are starting to get back in full swing, we thought we should share what we’ve got planned in the next few weeks & months.

REPOSITORIES

First of all, there will be some restructuring with our fleet of dockers. Some of our dockers are becoming increasingly difficult to support, so we have decided to re-organise the repo’s.

linuxserver

Our current main docker repository which will have the fleet of dockers that the team actively supports.

linuxserver-community

This will be a new, innovative repo, that is for any docker requests from community members that we produce and are not used by any of the linuxserver.io team and will therefore be directly supported by community members themselves.

All of the linuxserver.io members are volunteers and do this in our spare time, which is finite. The idea behind this is that if you request a docker and we produce it, then YOU become responsible for helping support it, as you are better placed to do so as an active user. You will become the community liason and named as such. We’d like to see you help other members with any problems and liase with us about any problems you can’t fix or need help with via the forum, github or IRC and work with us to keep this maintained. No coding ability is required, just a willingness to “muck in” and monitor the support thread for the container. If you don’t do so, and “request and run” AND nobody else offers to take over, then eventually we’ll pull the container as it’s not fair to other users if we can’t offer support.

lsioarmhf

Our second new repo, this time it will be for all you users that want to run our dockers on any armhf platform capable of running the docker service, such as your raspberry pi’s / Odroid boxes. These dockers will be duplicates of the images we create for x86 and will also be both linuxserver and linuxserver-community varieties,

lsiodev

Our development repo and not for production use. Note, up to now, some of our “non-standard” containers have been in this repo but these will be merged into our main repo going forward and this repo will purely be for development and pre-release testing, therefore unsupported and not recommended for end users.

lsiobase

Our repo to house all our base images.

Over the next couple of weeks, you will therefore find that some Docker containers will be moved to different repo’s or possibly even removed, we don’t yet have a final list of what is being moved/removed yet but if you have any concerns, feel free to get in touch on Github or IRC.

BASEIMAGE UPDATES

Over the next couple of weeks, we will be switching our containers to a shiny new base image – Alpine.

Anything that doesn’t run on Alpine will be rebased to Xenial as we have decided to drop Phusion due to lack of updates and Alpine offers significant advantages in terms of reducing container sizes. We don’t anticipate any major migration issues with the transition from Phusion to Alpine but please please please backup your appdata first before you update our containers.

AUTO-UPDATING

After much discussion, we have decided that we are going to change our containers regarding the autoupdate feature. Autoupdates have probably been the biggest generator of support issues with our images and as such , in conjunction with the baseimage updates, we are moving towards having the majority of our images not autoupdate, a notable exception being plex media server. Aside from configuration mismatches from version to version and stability issues, the update routines are processor intensive and make containers slow to start. To mitigate this we plan to update the applications more frequently in the future with more regular image refreshes.

WEBSITE/FORUM

We are planning on doing some maintenance work in regards to the website and forum, a bit of a clean up and try to get some fresh content back into the site.

PODCAST

Currently the podcast has been put on hold, we have had amazing feedback for this and plan to start this up again soon!

COMMUNITY

As always we’re a team of volunteers, we rely both on donations and contributions from our own pockets to keep this project going. So as always if you think you can help in any way then please get in touch. Either by helping with support, development, articles for the website or donations.

LinuxServer.io Team.

Hi,

During my recent travels I've seen the new structure and overall it's good but I must ask if you'll be open sourcing the root base images, I ask due to security concerns and by the same measure will you be patching all images if following this inheritance model as proposed.

Cheers

Hi,

During my recent travels I've seen the new structure and overall it's good but I must ask if you'll be open sourcing the root base images, I ask due to security concerns and by the same measure will you be patching all images if following this inheritance model as proposed.

Cheers

What do you mean?  Everything we do is opensource....

Here's the alpine base image in our github repo.

Here's the xenial base image in our github repo.

They're all in there....  ???

As regards patching.  If a modification to the baseimage is applied then yeah, as before the derived containers also get rebuilt.

Hi,

Cheers

I find images like this

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/baseimage/

Excuse my ignorance but where can I find the source ?

Hi,

Cheers

I find images like this

Out github repo same as all the other docker authors on here, the one we link to in every support thread.

Hi,

Cheers

I find images like this

All of them can be found here

https://github.com/linuxserver

That specific base image is here - https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-baseimage