[REPO] LinuxServer.io Docker Repo

Hi,

During my recent travels I've seen the new structure and overall it's good but I must ask if you'll be open sourcing the root base images, I ask due to security concerns and by the same measure will you be patching all images if following this inheritance model as proposed.

Cheers

All our baseimage sources along with all the docker sources can be found on our github: https://github.com/linuxserver?tab=repositories

This should clear up and security concerns you have.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

WEBSITE/FORUM

We are planning on doing some maintenance work in regards to the website and forum, a bit of a clean up and try to get some fresh content back into the site.

COMMUNITY

As always we’re a team of volunteers, we rely both on donations and contributions from our own pockets to keep this project going. So as always if you think you can help in any way then please get in touch. Either by helping with support, development, articles for the website or donations.

Let me know when the donations page is working again. ;)

Hi LSIO team :D

Just wondering where the best place to request new docker containers is, has a quick little look around but didn't see a "requests go here" thread :)

I'd love to get a fully up to date mineos docker container going :)

There's only one in CA and it's not been updated for a while, it's not on the latest version and that's strange, because the latest version was released before the docker image was updated hehe!

But the latest mineos release has done great features and makes modded servers crazy easy :D

But like I said, idk if this is the right place to ask ;)

I don't ruTorrent listed in OP and the page https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/rutorrent/ seems like it isn't using the new image. Is support being dropped?

We are phasing in new image updates gradually rather than all at once.

https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-rutorrent/pull/8

is the relevant PR for rutorrent.

the config folder structure has been reorganised a little and the recommended update path will be a crash and burn of config.

gotcha on the rollout strategy thanks.

Crash and burn ... uggg. At least for openVPN I only had a single certificate and two clients to reissue. I'm sure for more prolific users that would be a real PITA. I'll have to be strategic reseeding because doing them all will be serious hassle :(

Well thanks for all the work though, it is appreciated.

WEBSITE/FORUM

We are planning on doing some maintenance work in regards to the website and forum, a bit of a clean up and try to get some fresh content back into the site.

COMMUNITY

As always we’re a team of volunteers, we rely both on donations and contributions from our own pockets to keep this project going. So as always if you think you can help in any way then please get in touch. Either by helping with support, development, articles for the website or donations.

Donations page is live sir :)

WEBSITE/FORUM

COMMUNITY

Donation sent. Thanks for everything.

WEBSITE/FORUM

COMMUNITY

Donation sent. Thanks for everything.

Thank you very much for your generous donation, that will most certanly help us out and is greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

I just moved my ownCloud docker to your version and I am very pleased with your implementation.  As you know ownCloud does not allow downgrading to an earlier version so updating ownCloud through ownCloud and then re-installing the docker could take the version back if the docker is not updated.  I like that your ownCloud docker will update ownCloud when it is started.  Including MySql is also a plus so a separate docker does not need to be installed.

The placing of apps and other settings outside the docker image prevents breaking ownCloud if the docker is reinstalled.

All of this is important to me because I depend on ownCloud in my business for calendars and photo sharing on smart phones.  I can't afford for it to break.

Nice job!  Keep up the good work.

Having a problem with the owncloud docker.  I am getting this error:

"This server has no working Internet connection. This means that some of the features like mounting external storage, notifications about updates or installation of third-party apps will not work. Accessing files remotely and sending of notification emails might not work, either. We suggest to enable Internet connection for this server if you want to have all features."

It has come up before and was solved here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=33891.msg401859#msg401859

NOTE: Never mind.  The www.owncloud.org certificate expired yesterday so the connection cannot be made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any chance of a LazyLibrarian docker using DobyTang's repo?  It's actively being developed still by him.

Sent from my SM-T817W using Tapatalk

I'll put in a word for this one when we get all the migration stuff finished, as I'm quite into ebooks and struggle to keep tabs of the various book series I follow...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Anyone here giving help with owncloud? I dont see a set thread for support on owncloud.

We have a Nextcloud container, but we never really formally released owncloud, although we did have a version in our beta repo.

Hi Linuxserver.io team! Does it means Owncloud docker will be deprecated and you'll keep updating only Nextcloud?

I'm looking for a centralized cloud without worrying about space (I'm tired of Dropbox/iCloud/Google Drive EULAs and prices). I see that the simplest to install and use would be Owncloud, as it includes the DB and everything needed to deploy it, but after this comment I'm not sure if I should install it if I want long term reliability.

Thanks for all your dockers! You guys are making unRAID even more awesome! :)

Anyone here giving help with owncloud? I dont see a set thread for support on owncloud.

We have a Nextcloud container, but we never really formally released owncloud, although we did have a version in our beta repo.

Hi Linuxserver.io team! Does it means Owncloud docker will be deprecated and you'll keep updating only Nextcloud?

I'm looking for a centralized cloud without worrying about space (I'm tired of Dropbox/iCloud/Google Drive EULAs and prices). I see that the simplest to install and use would be Owncloud, as it includes the DB and everything needed to deploy it, but after this comment I'm not sure if I should install it if I want long term reliability.

I can't see the point in continuing with two essentially identical applications and I guess we'll stick with nextcloud.  Regardless we are certainly moving away from bundling applications together, so at this point I would advise not using the Owncloud container with bundled DB...

I can't see the point in continuing with two essentially identical applications and I guess we'll stick with nextcloud.  Regardless we are certainly moving away from bundling applications together, so at this point I would advise not using the Owncloud container with bundled DB...

Thanks for your fast answer! Sad to read you'll not bundle them together :(. Nextcloud/Owncloud could be more popular if it were easier to install :(. To me, more independent dockers just mean more points of failure :(. I've tried Owncloud in the past installed in a hosting provider, and it was difficult to keep it running smoothly (I'm not a programmer or web developer). So I think I'll keep looking for other solution.

Thanks for your fast answer! Sad to read you'll not bundle them together :(. Nextcloud/Owncloud could be more popular if it were easier to install :(. To me, more independent dockers just mean more points of failure :(. I've tried Owncloud in the past installed in a hosting provider, and it was difficult to keep it running smoothly (I'm not a programmer or web developer). So I think I'll keep looking for other solution.

The problem is when they're bundled together it's more points of failure within the container and updating these becomes a nightmare.  Regardless whether the nextcloud/mariadb interface is within the container or on the host it's the same process, so I disagree with your assessment of it increasing the points of failure. 

Have you looked at the Nextcloud thread and specifically the install guide I've written for it?

The problem is when they're bundled together it's more points of failure within the container and updating these becomes a nightmare.  Regardless whether the nextcloud/mariadb interface is within the container or on the host it's the same process, so I disagree with your assessment of it increasing the points of failure. 

Have you looked at the Nextcloud thread and specifically the install guide I've written for it?

OK!  :-X As I told, I'm not a programmer, so I thought there would be less points of failure for us the users  ::)

About the guide, yes, I took a look at the guide here: https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/2016/07/28/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid/

I decided to stop reading at "Setting Up An Apache Reverse Proxy"  :o. Just too much to what I'm looking for :(.

Anyway, again, thank you very much for your answers! :)

OK!  :-X As I told, I'm not a programmer, so I thought there would be less points of failure for us the users  ::)

About the guide, yes, I took a look at the guide here: https://www.linuxserver.io/index.php/2016/07/28/installing-nextcloud-on-unraid/

I decided to stop reading at "Setting Up An Apache Reverse Proxy"  :o. Just too much to what I'm looking for :(.

Setting up the reverse proxy is an optional step. 

Setting up the reverse proxy is an optional step.

:o I didn't know. Then I could maybe give it a try :). Thank you again!