[REPO] LinuxServer.io Docker Repo

Can you please add a link to the linuxserver Docker template repository in the first post on this thread? Also a link to Community Applications. I couldn't work out how to add a container. I expect it seems so obvious to many but it's not and there is very little information on how to actually add your containers to unRaid. It has taken me a couple hours to finally figure it out that I need to use Community Applications, although I would rather add your Docker template repository.

Can you please add a link to the linuxserver Docker template repository in the first post on this thread? Also a link to Community Applications. I couldn't work out how to add a container. I expect it seems so obvious to many but it's not and there is very little information on how to actually add your containers to unRaid. It has taken me a couple hours to finally figure it out that I need to use Community Applications, although I would rather add your Docker template repository.

Have you read the Docker FAQ?

Links to Community Applications are all over the place.  In the getting started of the Docker FAQ, Limetech's Official 6.2 Manual, my signature, the All Applications Repositories and Support Threads, along with the thread being stickied itself in the Plugins section.

As to the link to the repository, I well understand lsio's reasoning behind not publishing it (and they are not alone) -> it simply makes support easier as then its not their problem getting unRaid to populate the dropdown lists.  They would rather (rightfully so IMO) pass everything off to CA and let me deal with the back-end stuff.  An analogy would be an app for your Android device telling you to manually install the .apk instead of going to Google Play

But, either way, manually adding in repositories is still supported on the current version of unRaid, and I also maintain a stickied thread that has all of the containers within the particular repositories with the repo's link, support threads, etc.  All Application Repositories and Support Threads

Links to Community Applications are all over the place.  In the getting started of the Docker FAQ, Limetech's Official 6.2 Manual, my signature, the All Applications Repositories and Support Threads, along with the thread being stickied itself in the Plugins section.

As to the link to the repository, I well understand lsio's reasoning behind not publishing it (and they are not alone) -> it simply makes support easier as then its not their problem getting unRaid to populate the dropdown lists.  They would rather (rightfully so IMO) pass everything off to CA and let me deal with the back-end stuff.  An analogy would be an app for your Android device telling you to manually install the .apk instead of going to Google Play

But, either way, manually adding in repositories is still supported on the current version of unRaid, and I also maintain a stickied thread that has all of the containers within the particular repositories with the repo's link, support threads, etc.  All Application Repositories and Support Threads

Thank you for the background, I'm a newbie so always learning how things work. I thought it was a requirement to publish repositories in order for it to work - is that something that has changed or was it always that way? I like the way you compared Community Applications to Google Play, now understand how its meant to work - I will attempt to embrace the Community Applications plugin (and the awesome work you put into this).

Thank you for the link. Yes, I have had a look through these although didn't cover my main questions (or I wasn't asking the right questions). I think part of the problem is that version 6.2 has brought in some awesome improvements but these are still very new. I am new too so don't know anything about the background.

Thank you for the link. Yes, I have had a look through these although didn't cover my main questions (or I wasn't asking the right questions). I think part of the problem is that version 6.2 has brought in some awesome improvements but these are still very new. I am new too so don't know anything about the background.

Yes, there is a lot to learn. In case you haven't already, you might also take a look at the How to Search sticky link in my sig.

I thought it was a requirement to publish repositories in order for it to work - is that something that has changed or was it always that way? I like the way you compared Community Applications to Google Play, now understand how its meant to work - I will attempt to embrace the Community Applications plugin (and the awesome work you put into this).

Its always been like that (except for the original proof of concept plugin a couple years ago that maybe 2 people installed)

With CA, the concept of repositories is completely removed from the unRaid system, and you just let it handle all of the back-end stuff.  The application list that it downloads in ~1 second everytime you go to the apps tab is updated every 2 hours 24/7

I'm getting the following error trying to create a docker from a template.

Even after I delete the old image and template.

docker: Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point '/config'

I get this from a couple templates.

Any ideas?

You've added a /config mapping.  There's probably already one there if you hit show advanced

I'm getting the following error trying to create a docker from a template.

Even after I delete the old image and template.

docker: Error response from daemon: Duplicate mount point '/config'

I get this from a couple templates.

Any ideas?

You've added a /config mapping.  There's probably already one there if you hit show advanced

That was it thanks.

Finally got all my stuff up and running again.

Luckily my MariaDB instance was still intact.

This has my entire KODI database.

24 Months old and still running like a champ.

• 2 weeks later...

Just added watcher as a docker request:

http://feathub.com/linuxserver/linuxserver.github.io/+62

Discussion here:

Hopefully people will upvote. Either way, thanks to everyone in the LinuxServer team, you're all great!

There is already a container made. https://hub.docker.com/r/williambroown/watcherdocker/

You can add it through CA or just fill in the appropriate fields in an empty template.

Of course it will not be the high quality as the ones from linuxserver  ;D

• 2 weeks later...

Another day another request. :)

Radarr, a fork of Sonarr for Movies.

http://feathub.com/linuxserver/linuxserver.github.io/+64

https://github.com/galli-leo/Radarr

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/5krgvl/i_created_a_fork_of_sonarr_with_support_for/

Given its a fork of Sonarr it might be a little easier to setup as a docker. Cheers.

Another day another request. :)

Radarr, a fork of Sonarr for Movies.

http://feathub.com/linuxserver/linuxserver.github.io/+64

https://github.com/galli-leo/Radarr

https://www.reddit.com/r/usenet/comments/5krgvl/i_created_a_fork_of_sonarr_with_support_for/

Given its a fork of Sonarr it might be a little easier to setup as a docker. Cheers.

+1 for this.  github for it with changes and updates is already quite impressive.

Might want to take a look here & here.

I feel real dumb, but what URL should I put in the Template Repositories box in order to get your templates to show up?

Thanks in advance for not calling me really stupid.

Install Community Applications (link in sig) instead.  Better way of doing things.

But, you can find the repository URL to handle things the old-fashioned way here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=37958.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, extremeaudio said:

I installed the transmission container but ...

What am I doing wrong?

You are posting in the wrong thread. There is a thread specifically for each docker. You can get to the transmission support thread by clicking on its link in Community Applications.

• 1 month later...