[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

21 hours ago, pevo01 said:

I tried the binhex container and copied my config across and I get the same error so it seems like it is not an issue with the latest linuxserver.io update. Either my system is having issues or my database is corrupt. 

I downgraded my linuxserver docker to amd64-version-1.23.3.4707-ebb5fe9f3 (previous version) and it is now working perfectly...

After i updated, my plex server is no longer accessible via wan. I get the following error when trying to connect remotely:

app.plex.tv is unable to connect to "My Server" securely

Checking the plex server settings under "Settings > Server > Network", i have "secure connections" set to "preferred". I've tried all the settings to no good outcome.

EDIT: Looks like plex server are having problems: https://status.plex.tv/

Edited by Antivanity

Same issue here. Plex randomly became unreachable and I now see the following in logs:

[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Critical: libusb_init failed

Created 1 week ago, but I know Plex has been working up until an hour ago. I tried a restart and also manually updated Plex (I auto update every 7d anyways).

I see the same in logs.

At this point, I'm hoping @Antivanity is correct here; it could be due to issues at Plex: https://status.plex.tv/incidents/jhn0629l9pzb

Although I can't understand how such a DNS outage would affect the bootstrapping of the local server app...

Having an issue with my p2000 not being used when HDR tonemapping is enabled in Plex.  When I enable hdr tonemapping it starts using my iGPU which i dont even have outlined in my docker template...With hdr tonemapping disabled my p2000 works as expected.  Im running the newest nvidia driver, newest plex server beta from linuxserver with plexpass.

Im using unraid 6.9.2, plex server beta 1.23.5.484, nvidia driver v470.57.02

Edited by sittingmongoose

Anyone else having issues lately where any movie you watch it keeps skipping forward a few seconds randomly?

EDIT: Fixed by following these steps

Visit https://app.plex.tv/ 151

Click on the Settings icon in the Plex Web header

Click Show Advance within the Settings view

Click on Debug within the Settings view left-side bar

Within the settings view you’ll see a Use alternate streaming protocol for video playback checkbox

Check that checkbox, save settings

Edited by Abhi
On 6/21/2021 at 6:18 AM, CriticalMach said:

Server Version#: 1.23.3.4706
Player Version#: 4.57.4

Plex Media Server 5

Plex Media Server 4

Plex Media Server 3

Plex Media Server 2

Plex Media Server 1

Plex Media Server

LSIO Plex Docker Log

Starting with the last attachment, the plex docker log, I started getting "decoder information: 249" messages repeating several hundred times, followed by "unsupported format change", and finally "udc input failed with 1001" with a few of the unsupported format and no data written messages sprinkled in.

I've attached the unraid plex docker log as well as all of my plex media server logs going back to about 1am eastern time.

I do not have automatic library updates turned on.

My OS is unraid 6.9.2 with the linuxserver plex docker container set to latest and I am a plexpass subscriber. I am also using an nvidia GTX 1660 with the container for hardware transcoding. My transcode directory is /tmp.

I'll appreciate any help that I can get!

Plex Media Server.log 6.52 MB · 0 downloads plex docker log.log 2.93 MB · 0 downloads Plex Media Server.1.log 10 MB · 0 downloads Plex Media Server.2.log 10 MB · 0 downloads Plex Media Server.3.log 10 MB · 0 downloads Plex Media Server.4.log 10 MB · 0 downloads Plex Media Server.5.log 10 MB · 0 downloads

i’m having the exact same issue.

Hey all! I am jumping on the bandwagon to report my Plex server seems to start up, but then crashes over and over again very often.  In the docker logs I see this over and over again:

libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type soci::soci_error: Cannot begin transaction. database is locked
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.23.6.4810-15ce0e21a/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/8575f75a-9267-434f-35d880a7-f0e79b44.dmp
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry Starting Plex Media Server.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
libc++abi: terminating with uncaught exception of type soci::soci_error: Cannot begin transaction. database is locked
****** PLEX MEDIA SERVER CRASHED, CRASH REPORT WRITTEN: /config/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Crash Reports/1.23.6.4810-15ce0e21a/PLEX MEDIA SERVER/1bacac55-0edc-4204-144f91a3-3aecb0db.dmp
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry Starting Plex Media Server.

Any ideas?

I updated the `VERSION` variable from "latest" to "1.23.3.4707-ebb5fe9f3" (I just looked through their tags which have Plex server versions, this is from ~2 weeks ago) and every thing seems better.  Error spew in the docker/Unraid logs went away.

Not sure what's up with latest PMS, but at least this works for now.

Hi,

I'm setting up a new server with the 11600 CPU.

I get this log from the plex docker when trying to hardware convert with HDR to SDR tone mapping. The image also has corruptions (see attached image). Intel_gpu_top shows very high gpu usage. 70-80% Video, 30% Render.

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware (If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

I'm using Unraid 6.9.2.

I am NOT running any i915 file in /boot/config/modprobe.d or modification to the go file.

I only installed intel-gpu-top plugin and rebooted the server.

The plex docker image I am using is ghcr.io/linuxserver/plex

Using tag latest

My render location is /tmp

Hardware dev/dri passthrough to docker is on.

Any assistance regards clearing the transcode image corruptions and the open-cl error would be most appreciated.

Edit: I also tried setting an older static plex docker image as suggested in another post. plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. Still the same result with HDR to SDR on

I posted this in another subforum also.

Screenshot_20210724-113155_Plex.jpg

18 minutes ago, Presjar said:

Hi,

I'm setting up a new server with the 11600 CPU.

I get this log from the plex docker when trying to hardware convert with HDR to SDR tone mapping. The image also has corruptions (see attached image). Intel_gpu_top shows very high gpu usage. 70-80% Video, 30% Render.

beignet-opencl-icd: no supported GPU found, this is probably the wrong opencl-icd package for this hardware (If you have multiple ICDs installed and OpenCL works, you can ignore this message)

I'm using Unraid 6.9.2.

I am NOT running any i915 file in /boot/config/modprobe.d or modification to the go file.

I only installed intel-gpu-top plugin and rebooted the server.

The plex docker image I am using is ghcr.io/linuxserver/plex

Using tag latest

My render location is /tmp

Hardware dev/dri passthrough to docker is on.

Any assistance regards clearing the transcode image corruptions and the open-cl error would be most appreciated.

Edit: I also tried setting an older static plex docker image as suggested in another post. plex:version-1.22.0.4163-d8c4875dd. Still the same result with HDR to SDR on

I posted this in another subforum also.

Screenshot_20210724-113155_Plex.jpg

Very possibly a driver issue.  UnRAIDs linux drivers are very behind and the xe graphics are very different.  

39 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Very possibly a driver issue.  UnRAIDs linux drivers are very behind and the xe graphics are very different.  

Oh I see. Because it's a UHD750 the same driver as the lower end 11th gen 730 and 10th gen 630 (i915 Driver) is not working correctly?

19 minutes ago, Presjar said:

Oh I see. Because it's a UHD750 the same driver as the lower end 11th gen 730 and 10th gen 630 (i915 Driver) is not working correctly?

It’s very possible, there were a lot of issues supporting 9000 series for a while on unRAID for the same reason.  hopefully I’m wrong though.  Someone will hopefully chime in.

Do you need a new PLEX_CLAIM?

EDIT

I can also confirm that when using Jellyfin docker container, hardware transcode and tone mapping works correctly on my hardware, so the issues are with Plex, this docker container or a combination.

Edited by Presjar
On 11/16/2019 at 4:18 PM, saarg said:

Try to delete the codecs folder so Plex downloads the codecs again.

OMG!!  Thank you SO much!!  It is July 2021, and this post saved me so much head ache!!  I was experiencing this same issue, and deleting the codecs folder was the FIX!  :-)  Just wanted to express my appreciation!!

On 7/25/2021 at 5:25 AM, Presjar said:

I can also confirm that when using Jellyfin docker container, hardware transcode and tone mapping works correctly on my hardware, so the issues are with Plex, this docker container or a combination.

It appears almost nobody is running intel 11th gen processors with Plex since they don't even notice it doesn't work

11 minutes ago, arturovf said:

It appears almost nobody is running intel 11th gen processors with Plex since they don't even notice it doesn't work

Not really surprising.  I dont know why anyone would buy the 11th gen for desktop over 10th gen.  10th gen offers more cores and is on huge sales.  11th gen has xe graphics though, but in that case its a negative lol. I just upgraded my servers and went for the 10th gen series specifically because i wanted the higher core count.

13 minutes ago, sittingmongoose said:

Not really surprising.  I dont know why anyone would buy the 11th gen for desktop over 10th gen.  10th gen offers more cores and is on huge sales.  11th gen has xe graphics though, but in that case its a negative lol. I just upgraded my servers and went for the 10th gen series specifically because i wanted the higher core count.

that might be true to i7's and i9's, but on the low end i5's there is a noticeable difference in performance! other additions are Pcie 4.0 (for faster nvme drives), extra x4 lanes on cpu (another nvme slot), dmi x8 with z590 platform and the new igpu graphics have more power to support more transcodings at the same time (if it was properly supported on Plex of course).

In my case since I'm upgrading from 7th gen it doesn't make sense buy a 10gen

Edited by arturovf
1 hour ago, arturovf said:

I got an 11500 and Plex is HW decoding everything now even with HDR. This was broken before, but now it's working fine. What exactly is not working for you? Is the igpu not recognized or do you have an other issue?