[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 hours ago, Kaizac said:

I got an 11500 and Plex is HW decoding everything now even with HDR. This was broken before, but now it's working fine. What exactly is not working for you? Is the igpu not recognized or do you have an other issue?

Are you using Windows 10?

When I use Unraid and docker I get visual corruption of the transcode. I don't get visual corruption with Jellyfin docker.

2 hours ago, Kaizac said:

I got an 11500 and Plex is HW decoding everything now even with HDR. This was broken before, but now it's working fine. What exactly is not working for you? Is the igpu not recognized or do you have an other issue?

As I understand there are artifacts and corruption on HDR to SDR tone mapping according to users reports

3 minutes ago, arturovf said:

As I understand there are artifacts and corruption on HDR to SDR tone mapping

according to users reports

6 minutes ago, Presjar said:

Are you using Windows 10?

When I use Unraid and docker I get visual corruption of the transcode. I don't get visual corruption with Jellyfin docker.

No, I'm using the docker on Unraid. Are you on plex pass? What are your docker settings? I used to have the corruption a few versions ago, but they have been solved now.

3 hours ago, Kaizac said:

No, I'm using the docker on Unraid. Are you on plex pass? What are your docker settings? I used to have the corruption a few versions ago, but they have been solved now.

Must confess that mobo (Asus Z590-E) and processor (11600k) are still in the box as I have a lot of 4k HDR movies and don't want to have downtime of the service, I read several reports of artifacts and no reports of it working perfectly or fixed so I assumed it was still not working, but if you tell me everything is ready I will unbox in no time! Thats great news!

Edited by arturovf
4 hours ago, Kaizac said:

This is my docker-compose for plex. I have cut out the other services. This loads plex server v1.22.0.4163. Settings on transcode page in attached image.

Last week I used environment VERSION: latest so the container updated on startup to 1.23.6.4881, however it did not seem to help.

Even with tone mapping off I get the odd image corruption when doing UHD to 1080. Image below.

version: "3.7"

########################### NETWORKS
networks:
  t2_proxy:
    external:
      name: traefik_proxy
  default:
    driver: bridge

########################### SERVICES
services:

#Plex - Plex Server
  plex:
    image: linuxserver/plex:latest
    container_name: plex
    environment:
      PUID: $PUID
      PGID: $PGID
      TZ: $TZ
      VERSION: docker
    ports:
      - 32400:32400/tcp
      - 32469:32469/tcp
      - 1900:1900/udp
      - 32410:32410/udp
      - 32412:32412/udp
      - 32413:32413/udp
      - 32414:32414/udp
    networks:
      - t2_proxy
    volumes:
      - $DOCKERDIR/plex/config:/config
      - /tmp:/transcode
      - $MEDIA:/Media  
    devices:
      - /dev/dri:/dev/dri

transcode settings.PNG

tonemapoff.PNG

tonemapon.PNG

Edited by Presjar
1 hour ago, arturovf said:

Must confess that mobo (Asus Z590-E) and processor (11600k) are still in the box as I have a lot of 4k HDR movies and don't want to have downtime of the service, I read several reports of artifacts and no reports of it working perfectly or fixed so I assumed it was still not working, but if you tell me everything is ready I will unbox in no time! Thats great news!

Well the 10600k is like 60$ cheaper.  If you did swap, make sure you know if you use a z590 mobo with a 10 series intel, your top nvme slot wont work.  So either youre ok with that or you need to find a z490 mobo.

As for unraid support for the 11 series intels.  I think its going to be a few months.  They havent even released betas of a new version yet.  Its been a few months since stable release though.

11 hours ago, Presjar said:

This is my docker-compose for plex. I have cut out the other services. This loads plex server v1.22.0.4163. Settings on transcode page in attached image.

Last week I used environment VERSION: latest so the container updated on startup to 1.23.6.4881, however it did not seem to help.

Even with tone mapping off I get the odd image corruption when doing UHD to 1080. Image below.

version: "3.7"

########################### NETWORKS
networks:
  t2_proxy:
    external:
      name: traefik_proxy
  default:
    driver: bridge

########################### SERVICES
services:

#Plex - Plex Server
  plex:
    image: linuxserver/plex:latest
    container_name: plex
    environment:
      PUID: $PUID
      PGID: $PGID
      TZ: $TZ
      VERSION: docker
    ports:
      - 32400:32400/tcp
      - 32469:32469/tcp
      - 1900:1900/udp
      - 32410:32410/udp
      - 32412:32412/udp
      - 32413:32413/udp
      - 32414:32414/udp
    networks:
      - t2_proxy
    volumes:
      - $DOCKERDIR/plex/config:/config
      - /tmp:/transcode
      - $MEDIA:/Media  
    devices:
      - /dev/dri:/dev/dri

You're on to old of a version. I have to believe the changelog version 1.23.0.4497 should finally solved the issue. You can look through the changelogs here:

https://forums.plex.tv/t/plex-media-server/30447/426

I would advise going to latest again. And did you read this topic?

You have a UHD 750 with that 11600K, just like me with my 11500, so you should be able to get it working just like I did. If you can't get it solved then just PM me so we can do a 1 on 1.

EDIT: Standby, I just retested and now it's broken for me as well again. Seems like they broke something in a newer patch.

EDIT2: Went through all the recent versions and it indeed still shows corruption on the occasional 4K video. I drew the wrong conclusion because of movies that would be corrupted before, now play perfectly. So there are still some codecs or whatever which are not played without corruption unfortunately.

I still believe this has to do with the Linux kernel support not being there for the 11th gen yet. Since Emby also has the same issue and I do not believe Jellyfin is totally free of this issue either. Really depends on your own library.

Edited by Kaizac
13 hours ago, sittingmongoose said:

Well the 10600k is like 60$ cheaper.  If you did swap, make sure you know if you use a z590 mobo with a 10 series intel, your top nvme slot wont work.  So either youre ok with that or you need to find a z490 mobo.

As for unraid support for the 11 series intels.  I think its going to be a few months.  They havent even released betas of a new version yet.  Its been a few months since stable release though.

I will not swap because of the 11gen features I mentioned above I think they are worth it, I'm just not installing it yet as my 7th gen is flawless on the transcode side

3 hours ago, Kaizac said:

EDIT: Standby, I just retested and now it's broken for me as well again. Seems like they broke something in a newer patch.

EDIT2: Went through all the recent versions and it indeed still shows corruption on the occasional 4K video. I drew the wrong conclusion because of movies that would be corrupted before, now play perfectly. So there are still some codecs or whatever which are not played without corruption unfortunately.

I still believe this has to do with the Linux kernel support not being there for the 11th gen yet. Since Emby also has the same issue and I do not believe Jellyfin is totally free of this issue either. Really depends on your own library.

I'm not sure what's wrong as well, in Plex forums they say it's the kernel and in here they say it's a Plex issue

Edited by arturovf
grammar

Hi all!

I installed this container some months ago using the NVIDIA options to use the 1650 I have in the box for transcoding. Meanwhile, I'd like to try and reassign the GPU to a VM that I'd like to use to try and stream games. I don't think I can use the GPU at the same time for Plex and a VM, right? 

What do I need to do to disable the GPU transcoding? I assume I need to disable it within the PLEX server, though I doubt it'll be as easy as just removing the --runtime=nvidia extra parameter and dedleting the GPU ID from the Visible Devices parameter.

Hello

I am getting an error in the unRaid logs now after upgrading to latest plex when trying to play a movie that needs to be transcoded

kernel: traps: Plex Transcoder[1390] general protection fault ip:150941dafabe sp:1509399dc190 error:0 in liblibx264_encoder.so[150941da7000+16f000]

Any ideas?

3 hours ago, NMGMarques said:

Hi all!

I installed this container some months ago using the NVIDIA options to use the 1650 I have in the box for transcoding. Meanwhile, I'd like to try and reassign the GPU to a VM that I'd like to use to try and stream games. I don't think I can use the GPU at the same time for Plex and a VM, right? 

What do I need to do to disable the GPU transcoding? I assume I need to disable it within the PLEX server, though I doubt it'll be as easy as just removing the --runtime=nvidia extra parameter and dedleting the GPU ID from the Visible Devices parameter.

I think that should do it.

Prerolls..

Does anyone else have issues with them? Mine just stopped working a couple of weeks ago. I currently have a playlist of 50 (more in total, but there are some seasonal prerolls), randomly playing (or at least playeD in the past) one before each movie. All mp4, placed in a seperate folder on my plex SSD for instant access.

Is this a container issue or a common plex issue?

On 7/28/2021 at 2:01 AM, Presjar said:

Head to https://www.plex.tv/claim

Add the code to the docker container in the environment section. PLEX_CLAIM=

Start the container.

You have to do this within 4 minutes of generating the claim code.

You can see info on it here

What is the environment section? Extra Parameters? Sorry for this noob question. It was working fine for months and now I cannot connect direct to plex from external. I was using it a lot and I would like to have it back.

Tank you.

4 hours ago, GhostKnock said:

Could someone walk me through the process of rolling back to a previous version? Specifically 1.23.3.4706

Thanks!

Take a look at this thread:

You need the full tag in order for it to work ;) (amd64-1.23.3.4707-ebb5fe9f3-ls58)

Google is your friend as always ;)

I'm rolling back aswell, just trying something. If prerolls are working, I'll make a post at the plex community hoping the issue will be resolved somewhere in the future. Keep in mind the fixing of issues is not important to plex... LG buffer issue took over a year

Please keep in mind that the version you called does not exist on docker hub. enter a correct value to downgrade your image ;)

https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/tags?page=3&ordering=last_updated

Edited by XisoP
  • Like 1
On 5/1/2021 at 1:31 PM, audioclass said:

I'm experiencing a minor issue/inconvenience on a consistent basis.  Any time my container is restarted, my Settings > Remote Access configuration is unchecking the 'Manually specify public port' setting, which prompts the screen to indicate that my server is not accessible remotely.  I can recheck the box, and press apply, and I then get the green 'Fully accessible outside your network' message again.  So far, this has not actually impacted the ability of my users to access, despite the message, but it is annoying to have to keep turning it back on again.  I also fear that if my firewall states get cleared during that period it WILL cause issues.  Any idea why this setting does not persist through a restart? 

I've tried searching for similar cases but haven't had much luck.  Of course, if I switch to UPnP this is a non-issue, but I'm keen to keep this disabled on my firewall for obvious security concerns.

Sorry to keep dragging this up, but is nobody else running manual port mapping and having this issue?  It is driving me wild that every couple days this setting just reverts itself and my users are stuck with plex relay quality.  I really don't want to enable UPnP or give direct access via a reverse proxy, but I'm running out of ideas.  I can't find any information on this.  Do I have something misconfigured?

@audioclass i assume most (like me) prefer the reverse proxy way (which is not direct access ...), may rather look for help therefore in the plex forums as this looks more like a plex behaviour you want to nail out.

and as you mentioned its not locked or so for remote access, more a cosmetic issue (currently) as its working as you said.

you also entered your domain name where plex is reachable including the port i guess, network settings, own url to access ...

@audioclass i assume most (like me) prefer the reverse proxy way (which is not direct access ...), may rather look for help therefore in the plex forums as this looks more like a plex behaviour you want to nail out.

and as you mentioned its not locked or so for remote access, more a cosmetic issue (currently) as its working as you said.

you also entered your domain name where plex is reachable including the port i guess, network settings, own url to access ...

Unfortunately, it isn’t just a cosmetic issue. It seemed like it at first, because it would often still say it was reachable. Now, though, I’ve confirmed that it forces my users onto the relay, locking them at SD resolutions.

I also don’t have this issue with a test server that isn’t containerized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 hours ago, audioclass said:

I also don’t have this issue with a test server that isn’t containerized.

then may try different setups, plex in host mode on unraid or rather setup a reverse proxy so you dont rely on plex about this.

last but not least, try a different docker (official plex one) if that may helps ;) but i can tell you, i use the official one and it almost never shows its reachable outside, but as im behind a reverse proxy im fine.

Do you have PlexPass?  Add them as Family rather than a Friend

I do have plexpass. But I fail to see how giving family access will resolve this issue, since they would STILL be unable to access remotely once it decides to switch itself off again in two days.

I don’t wish to use a reverse proxy or UPnP, as the built-in remote access is the solution I’m looking for.

Anyway, thanks for the replies, it seems I’m probably on my own to figure this out.

I will try some different containers as suggested to see if it is unique to the LS container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk