[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

2 hours ago, francrouge said:

Hi all 

Just a litlle question about the transcode folder.

If i enable the igpu intel does the transcode folder works ?

Because i don't see any files in my transcode folder when i'm transcoding movies

thx

Hi,

This is the case for my configuration at least.

i5 9600K with UHD630

De nada 🙂

Edited by mmz06

Hi - I've posted on the Plex forums, but it might be an Unraid/Docker issue - not sure.  Last week I...

• Installed a 500GB SSD specifically for Plex as its own Pool
  • Created a pool, named it "plex", added the drive, formatted it as XFS and put an appdata folder on it
  • Moved my "plexmediaserver" folder from "mnt/cache/appdata" to "mnt/plex/appdata" using MC (copied and then archived the original once all files present)
  • Repointed my plexmediaserver's config and transcode settings from "mnt/cache/appdata..." to "mnt/plex/appdata..."

All works except for streaming live TV to the Chromecast. Fine in browser, but casting gives “Sorry! Something went wrong” and have the following in the logs (amongst other things)...

Sep 19, 2021 08:57:35.272 [0x145bdb10fb38] ERROR - [Transcoder] [mpeg2video @ 0x15177d248600] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.

Appreciate that this looks like a Plex issue, but checking in here just in case I've done something wrong or somebody else has the same issue.  Could also be a coincidence that Chromecast support broke at the same time.

There seem to be a few things that are misconfigured if my understanding is correct (or could be what terms you are using).
First, a "pool" is always cache, ie it will belong to the array (although you can configure the share to "prefer" the cache). To have Plex configuration and persistent storage installed on a dedicated SSD, I 4hink you need to format it outside the array and mount the disk using unassigned devices plugin.

What is the reason for you configuration?There are numerous recommendations on how to configure Plex on unraid.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, BigFam said:

First, a "pool" is always cache, ie it will belong to the array (although you can configure the share to "prefer" the cache).

No this is all wrong.

Unraid 6.9+ allows multiple pools which you can name as you wish. A pool named "cache" is often kept from previous versions, but you don't have to, and you can have others that you name as you wish.

And even when there was just cache, it never "belonged to the array". Only the disks in the parity array belong to the array. Cache and other pools do belong to user shares, as do the array data disks.

59 minutes ago, Cessquill said:

All works except for streaming live TV to the Chromecast. Fine in browser, but casting gives “Sorry! Something went wrong” and have the following in the logs (amongst other things)...

as it works in browser (which is usually also a transcode) the setup itself should be fine, this belongs more to the plex forums ...

12 minutes ago, trurl said:

No this is all wrong.

Unraid 6.9+ allows multiple pools which you can name as you wish. A pool named "cache" is often kept from previous versions, but you don't have to, and you can have others that you name as you wish.

And even when there was just cache, it never "belonged to the array". Only the disks in the parity array belong to the array. Cache and other pools do belong to user shares, as do the array data disks.

Thanks for stepping in and correcting my false claims. Sorry for any confusion. I learned a lot from my mistake...

Cheers guys.  Yes, other transcoding works fine - both with browser and Chromecast (although haven't tested exhaustively).  And I'd added another pool with the intention of pulling all Plex activity off my Cache/regular docker pool.  And moved it folder to folder (copy rather than move for safety).   Used to have it on an unassigned device pre cache pools, and remembered access needed to be Slave Read/Write.  Didn't know whether there were any similar requirements when running from an alternate location.

Or whether I'd messed up permissions when copying over.

Figured it was more of a Plex issue, but thought I'd try my luck here as support from Plex can be hit and miss.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

Hello! Just working on finishing up my migration from Windows PMS to unRAID. I have migrated my metadata and most of my media (several TB still transferring). I am moving over the following folders from my storage to unRAID share called "Media": 4K Movies, Videos, TV Shows, Exercise.

I have setup the docker and had no problem accessing Plex, locally and remotely.

On the web gui,  I was able to the library paths to assign Movies and TV Shows (They still showed Windows drive letters). 

However, when I try to edit my libraries for Exercise and 4K Movies, no content is showing, although it is definitely on the share. Any thoughts? 

Solved: I just needed to move the paths up one level in the Plex docker settings. I had Movies pointing to /movies and TV pointing to /tv, but I moved them back up to Media so that Plex could then see my 4K Movies and Exercise folders as well for adding to the libraries. 

Edited by dirtymike0330
Solution
On 9/29/2021 at 3:25 PM, furian said:

any clue on when the 11th gen cpu's are fully supported? i still get artifacts during transcoding of 2160p..

I have the same problem, and recently i have been getting artifacts when i just transcode regular 1080p.
I get white dots... see screenshot.

I tried latest RC of unraid, but then i cant transcode at all.
i have just hoped that there will be some plex-update. Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas?

Unraid: 6.9.2
CPU: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K
RAM: 32Gb ddr4 (transcode to ram)

plexshitscreen.PNG

2 hours ago, capt.shitface said:

I have the same problem, and recently i have been getting artifacts when i just transcode regular 1080p.
I get white dots... see screenshot.

I tried latest RC of unraid, but then i cant transcode at all.
i have just hoped that there will be some plex-update. Anyone with the same problem? Any ideas?

Unraid: 6.9.2
CPU: 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-11600K
RAM: 32Gb ddr4 (transcode to ram)

plexshitscreen.PNG

It's a known problem and nobody knows for sure when it will be fixed.  In plex forums they are testing a new improved transcoder with rocket lake support planned but still it will take some time to make it to normal releases, so we have no choice but wait

3 hours ago, arturovf said:

It's a known problem and nobody knows for sure when it will be fixed.  In plex forums they are testing a new improved transcoder with rocket lake support planned but still it will take some time to make it to normal releases, so we have no choice but wait

Ok!
Thank for answer! 

Do you know any active thread about the subject i can follow? I can only find a old closed one...
Also, i didnt have the issue with white pixel before (atleast what im aware of) i think it was an update that broke it.
I knew the problem with 4k HDR 10bit transcode.

13 hours ago, Kishin said:

Hello, since the last update, all TVs can't connect to my server. But PCs are fine.

In my logs i have : "Critical: libusb_init failed"

Any ideas or should i just roll back to previous version?

Thanks.

I also experience the same issue as you. All android device can't connect to plex. ios can.

Hi Hi,

Right I am getting a not authorized message when trying to access my server and my plex settings simply show it as unavailable or not there at all. I have tried a few fixes and nothing has worked and I fear I am making things worse. First a quick background as to what led to this.

I had a power cut today, a rather bad powercut. BUT I have a UPS and this kept the server running and performed a graceful shutdown before the battery ran out. Once I was back up and running I noticed I had an email saying someone had logged into my Plex account. So I went and changed my password and ticked the box "Log out all devices" - I also noticed I had some docker updates, including Plex so I updated all the dockers. Now nothing seems to be working.

I have tried a couple things.

- Complete shutdown and reboot again

- removing preferences.xml to try a warm reboot. - I logged out of all accounts when doing this and have not been presented with a setup screen when logging back in.

- Adding the Plex_Claim key to the docker and restarting it. I done this within the 4minutes but that achieved nothing.

I am now in the process of restoring my backed up appdata to see if that fixes it.

Any ideas would be much appreciated, it is almost 3am and I am pulling my hair out here.