[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

15 hours ago, wgstarks said:

Quote from instructions on dockerhub -

Thanks Walter,

Apologies my response was poorly worded. I do have '--runtime=nvidia' included in the extra parameters. I seem to remember some of the dockers required 'plexpass' parameters being added, but that does not seem to be the case for Linuxserver.

I have tried the official docker as well as the binhex docker and both produce the same result. 
The GPU becomes active, but the stops shortly afterwards.

Do the instructions found on: https://github.com/NVIDIA/nvidia-docker Still apply to unRAID 6.9.2? 

Extra Parameters:

Capture1.thumb.PNG.64d52f56fe8e0355095d839a1684cc3c.PNG

Visible Devices:

Capture2.thumb.PNG.aec90f77cc61eb6d460a1f4d0e9bdc97.PNG

Capabilities:

Capture3.thumb.PNG.0b7c4976515fdd20f6439cd68a6b4b42.PNG

Nvidia Driver package:

Capture4.thumb.PNG.48c7fda6f1730beed8d28b9dacfb7e2a.PNG

Nvidia Statistics Plugin:

Capture5.PNG.d812ea9724ddb9e2456e3cc6b88e6c20.PNG

Nvidia SMI:

Capture6.PNG.b2cb1063e425c87bff81cf4dbd82fec4.PNG

Is hdr tone mapping broken? I have hw transcoding enabled with an Nvidia gpu. I know it's working as I see transcoded files encoding and decoding in hw. But when I watch an hdr film on a non hdr display that requires transcoding, I get a green tint. See screenshot attached. 

Screenshot_20211114-105942_Plex.png

1 hour ago, Squid said:

Not the Plex expert, but whenever I see that (and a google) means that the movie you downloaded is Dolby Vision without a fallback compatibility and your TV does not support Dolby Vision.  I bought a new TV to work around it.

Thanks squid. I do have a display that supports HDR & DV, and it looks great. But if i'm watching on a non-hdr screen remotely (e.g. cell phone), it says it's transcoding but the tone mapping is off with the strange green tint mentioned above. 

Anyways, i think it's a plex issue so i posted in their forums. I'll post back if i come across a solution.

Edited by endiz
3 hours ago, endiz said:

Thanks squid. I do have a display that supports HDR & DV, and it looks great. But if i'm watching on a non-hdr screen remotely (e.g. cell phone), it says it's transcoding but the tone mapping is off with the strange green tint mentioned above. 

Anyways, i think it's a plex issue so i posted in their forums. I'll post back if i come across a solution.

I think it's two seperate issues, because I have both issues.

The green color you've shown I also had. When testing the file directly on my laptop it also showed the green color. So not a Plex issue.

And Plex does indeed have confirmed issues with HDR tonemapping. Especially on latest gen intel GPU's. Which has not been solved yet. Make sure if your GPU is not the issue, that Hardware Transcoding is actually working by checking your Plex dashboard when watching a transcoded video.

12 minutes ago, Johan71 said:

Unfortunately not so easy to do according to spaceinvade's video as the field Nvidia Visible Devices:
no longer exists. Unfortunately, I do not know what to fill in anywhere under

Key:
Value:
Default Value:

Key: NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES

Value: The ID of your GPU according to the Nvidia plugin page

Default Value: leave blank

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, JC2020 said:

I got it from plex.tv/downloads  selected unraid and took that version tag.  Also, it was late last night, but I swear I saw the 1.25.0.5246 version in the repo.

I don't use plex so I may have my wires crossed, but I don't think the plex version necessarily aligns with the container version 1 to 1. For the container version you need to use valid tags from the container repo.

I suddenly encountered an issue where when I launch the Plex docker, the UI shows up from the local IP address but the server is not visible anywhere. The only content is the default content provided by Plex. All of the server sources are gone and there is no way to search for the server. There is just a link to the PMS website.

I opened a browser tab from the day before and tried to resume some content. It played for a minute or so, then there was some pop-up saying I don't have access to this server and it disappeared. The day before I encountered a similar issue on my AppleTV which is why I was using the web app in the first place. 

Anyone have any idea? 

Hello,

I run this docker with Intel quicksync for a long time.

now I added an USB DVB card to my setup.

my extra paramter before was:

--device=/dev/dri

now i'd like to add:

--device=/dev/dvb/

what should by my 'combined' extra parameter string?

If i just copied both, it didn't recognize my DVB card!

Thanks!

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how to add my GPU information to this docker ?

There used to be a Variable for this, but thats gone ?

I've tried to add the variable my self, but either the docker won't start, or Plex don't use / see the GPU.

It used to work without any problems a 1-2 month ago, but my servers been offline for at while, and now i've build a new one, and i could get the old Unraid USB to work on the new system, so i made i fresh install of Unraid, but i can't get my Nvidia GPU into Plex.

I've installed the Nvidia driver, and it finds the card, so i can get the GPU information, that it used to add in the Plex docker container, but when i try i play a movie and set it to transcode, it only uses the CPU, not the GPU...

Can anyone help out here ??

Thanks.