[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

7 hours ago, Hoopster said:

If you enable advanced view in the docker edit screen, does Extra Parameters still appear?  That's where it is on my instance of this container.

image.thumb.png.4902d11500af9d31b7454cca0afd3437.png

Yes, the extra parameters does appear…

I’ll try to follow the instructions that Cessquill pointed out in his answer…

Well I'm at a loss. Suddenly Plex has been inaccessible today. My client players can't connect to the server, and the web UI is inaccessible. The log doesn't show anything particularly out of place:

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
Docker is used for versioning skip update check
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.

I've restarted Docker and then the whole server just to make sure. Any ideas?

Edit: fixed by removing the container and re-adding it from the template.

Edited by MikaelTarquin

My container suddenly won't start on a server reboot.  Logs show one error but apparently unrelated.  

_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...
No update required
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Critical: libusb_init failed

Dolby, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and the double D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.

If I manually start the docker it works fine.  

I seem to be having the same problem as Andiroo2 after the most recent update (as of 12/10/2021). Logs didn't show any issues. I have mine set to auto-start through the UnRAID container GUI. I tired accessing the server using a browser and tried using the reboot function in the GUI, and nothing started up for me. However, after using the stop and start buttons, it worked.

On 12/9/2021 at 8:23 AM, Andiroo2 said:

My container suddenly won't start on a server reboot.

Same here.  Cannot manually start either.

Uninstall/reinstall does nothing.  Server execution error on attempt to start.

UPDATE:  I had to remove /dev/dri hardware transcoding.  I did another uninstall/reinstall and noticed that it reported /dev/dri missing so server could not start.  I need to troubleshoot /dev/dri.

It turns out i915.conf was missing in modprobe.d

Edited by Hoopster
  • 2 weeks later...

All of a sudden I've noticed that my HW transcode doesn't work for HDR tone mapping any longer, just like the problem with PMS the spring 2021. What can it be causing this? My HW transcoding work for non HDR movies or if I turn of HDR Tone Mapping in the settings for Plex.

Here's the thread about the HW problem from this spring...

/Söder

I realize my question is not unrad specific, but looking for help from any and all sources.  I'm running Plex on unraid in a docker. I have a recurring problem where unknown users appear in my friends list and they have share access to all my libraries. It doesn’t appear that these users every stream a file. I have deleted 3 users in the past and a new one popped up today. Not sure how this is happening. I switched to using 2FA for my account (with is the only admin account). Any suggestions would be helpful.

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 9.26.25 PM.png

You should immediately log into you account at Plex.tv. From there unshare any libraries and remove all friends and family members select to logout from all devices. Change your password and disable and re-enable 2 factor authentication. Then optionally re-create family members and re-share libraries with friends and family. 

Edited by BigFam

I'm trying to get Quick Sync working properly with Plex. I've got everything set up properly, however when I try to transcode a 4k file it always reverts to the CPU (a Core i7-9700K) instead of the iGPU like I want. However, when it's a non-4k file it works properly. See the attached screenshot.

transcode.png.30942ec8b3832033ae42867178cfe4fd.png

Any idea how to get the system to transcode 4k like it does other content?

Update: Upon experimenting, it seems if I disable Enable HDR tone mapping everything works fine, however the colors are muted a bit and don’t pop like they should. 

Update 2: It's Plex. After a lot of searching I stumbled upon a post in the Plex forum. Rolling back to version 1.25.1.5286-34f965be8-ls91 fixes the problem.

Edited by thunderclap
Update 2
6 hours ago, thunderclap said:

I'm trying to get Quick Sync working properly with Plex. I've got everything set up properly, however when I try to transcode a 4k file it always reverts to the CPU (a Core i7-9700K) instead of the iGPU like I want. However, when it's a non-4k file it works properly. See the attached screenshot.

Update: Upon experimenting, it seems if I disable Enable HDR tone mapping everything works fine, however the colors are muted a bit and don’t pop like they should. 

Update 2: It's Plex. After a lot of searching I stumbled upon a post in the Plex forum. Rolling back to version 1.25.1.5286-34f965be8-ls91 fixes the problem.

Yes, there's a bug right now with HDR tone mapping and HW transcoding (again, had this problem in the spring 2021 as well). But for me downgrading PMS doesn't work now.

/Söder

17 hours ago, thunderclap said:

Christmas came this year, I reported the issue to the devs and the tonemapping issue is now fixed, latest update came out yesterday.

25.12.21: - Install Intel drivers from the official repo.

Update and you should be good now. I was having same issue with the Intel 9900K and had to run some script daily that would inject another driver into the container and every time the container updated it would revert and the script would put it back. Now it's officially in the container, yay!

1 minute ago, nickp85 said:

Christmas came this year, I reported the issue to the devs and the tonemapping issue is now fixed, latest update came out yesterday.

25.12.21: - Install Intel drivers from the official repo.

Update and you should be good now. I was having same issue with the Intel 9900K and had to run some script daily that would inject another driver into the container and every time the container updated it would revert and the script would put it back. Now it's officially in the container, yay!

Update which container, Linuxserver, or the Intel iGPU one?

28 minutes ago, nickp85 said:

The Linuxserver Plex container. I did also have to delete my Plex image and re-add it but now working flawlessly on 9900K without any scripts or messing around.

I changed repository to fix this problem, from linuxserver/plex, with VERSION plexpass, to lsiodev/plex:amd64-1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277-pkg-c2e7263a-dev-2f08980441f26b55db4d95db8ee42c958882cc36.

If I now want to switch back to repo linuxserver/plex, what shall I put in VERSION to get the fix one? Is it "plexpass", or "latest" or "docker" or "public"?

/Söder

Just now, soder said:

I changed repository to fix this problem, from linuxserver/plex, with VERSION plexpass, to lsiodev/plex:amd64-1.25.2.5319-c43dc0277-pkg-c2e7263a-dev-2f08980441f26b55db4d95db8ee42c958882cc36.

If I now want to switch back to repo linuxserver/plex, what shall I put in VERSION to get the fix one? Is it "plexpass", or "latest" or "docker" or "public"?

/Söder

Shouldn't matter the Plex version you pick, the fix is part of the container. Linuxserver is laying down the bits for this part, not Plex. I am currently using the linuxserver/plex repo with version latest since I am a PlexPass subscriber.

4 minutes ago, nickp85 said:

Shouldn't matter the Plex version you pick, the fix is part of the container. Linuxserver is laying down the bits for this part, not Plex. I am currently using the linuxserver/plex repo with version latest since I am a PlexPass subscriber.

I'm a plexpass subscriber as well, but this spring someone told me to use "plexpass" as version to get the fix for that HDR tone mapping problem.

But I now switched back to linuxserver/plex as repo, and "plexpass" as VERSION, and that took me back to non working HDR tone mapping.

Gonna try "latest" as version.

EDIT: It didn't worked. What else do I need to do in Unraid, then "edit" my Plex docker, and changing repo and version?

/Söder

Edited by soder
Just now, soder said:

I'm a plexpass subscriber as well, but this spring someone told me to use "plexpass" as version to get the fix for that HDR tone mapping problem.

But I now switched back to linuxserver/plex as repo, and "plexpass" as VERSION, and that took me back to non working HDR tone mapping.

Gonna try "latest" as version.

/Söder

Delete your Plex image and pull it back down. They just updated the Linuxserver container yesterday.

Just now, soder said:

Hmm, how do I do that in a secure way? As I said, using Unraid, and the docker is installed through the "apps".

/Söder

delete the container and check the box to also remove the image then add it back. All your configs will still be there since they're stored on the host (assuming you configured everything right).

2 minutes ago, nickp85 said:

delete the container and check the box to also remove the image then add it back. All your configs will still be there since they're stored on the host (assuming you configured everything right).

Hmm, will also path and such stuff be saved? Path configured in the docker?