[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

8 minutes ago, nickp85 said:

Did you pick "plex" from the list of templates? It's definitely maintained.

After uninstalling Plex, and removed the docker file, I went to "apps", searched for Plex and tock the version from linuxserver's Repository, and there the version "on top" that was "docker" in VERSION and "lscr.io/linuxserver/plex" in repo (the lscr.io part is new for me).

After that, the path I had before was gone, and I noticed a small difference in the layout from my previous version...

Anyhow, now I'm back, adding my media as path and transcode to /dev/shm

Just now, soder said:

After uninstalling Plex, and removed the docker file, I went to "apps", searched for Plex and tock the version from linuxserver's Repository, and there the version "on top" that was "docker" in VERSION and "lscr.io/linuxserver/plex" in repo (the lscr.io part is new for me).

It's a semantic change, but effectively it is a different template. If it wasn't for that semantic change in the repository, the LinuxServer Plex would have also given a Reinstall option, but because it's effectively a new template it didn't.

Previous Apps is where you pretty much always want to look whenever reinstalling something and keeping your settings and not searching.

20 minutes ago, eagle470 said:

My plex instance has a shitload of transcoded opbjects it's stashing, I can't see how to delete them from the server app and having blown them away once via command line, they came back. thoughts?

image.png.6be0ff03a5157245f2f9a2349a76ecb1.png 

image.thumb.png.843f4fb08b84ba261c35b9aae0ee7b3b.png

Turn off downloads for any friends/family might be worth looking at.  AFAIK you can't remove downloads that somebody else has set up, and if their client doesn't log on and download it, it will constantly get converted and sit there waiting.

On 12/28/2021 at 10:25 AM, Cessquill said:

Turn off downloads for any friends/family might be worth looking at.  AFAIK you can't remove downloads that somebody else has set up, and if their client doesn't log on and download it, it will constantly get converted and sit there waiting.

where is that setting at?

i just completed a multi state move so my server was down for a couple of days. As of last night the server went down. Log file is below. i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the docker image but still see the same output in the log file. the plex server can not be found inside or outside of my network. 

I know the referenced file is for USB TV devices which i do not have any but it should also not be preventing the server from standing up. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you (and happy new years)

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: executing...
[cont-init.d] 01-envfile: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 01-migrations: executing...
[migrations] started
[migrations] no migrations found
[cont-init.d] 01-migrations: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ ()
| | ___ _ __
| | / __| | | / \
| | \__ \ | | | () |
|_| |___/ |_| \__/

Brought to you by linuxserver.io

To support LSIO projects visit:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/
GID/UID

User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: executing...
[cont-init.d] 45-plex-claim: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing...
[cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing...

#####################################################
# Login via the webui at http://<ip>:32400/web #
# and restart the docker, because there was no #
# preference file found, possibly first startup. #
#####################################################

[cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: executing...
[cont-init.d] 90-custom-folders: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing...
[custom-init] no custom files found exiting...
[cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
Starting Plex Media Server.
Critical: libusb_init failed

I recently moved from Windows to Unraid. Plex is working fine (even better than before), however none of my local extras will play. I get the error "please check that this file exists." A deeper dive shows all of those extras are still referencing the Windows path even though the main movie/TV files play fine with the correct Docker path. While I can pull the folders out/scan, put back in, I lose things like chosen artwork and collections, and it shows as a recently added movie. Any thoughts on how to correct the local extra paths without pulling out the entire movie & TV folders?

15 minutes ago, TheDaveAbides said:

Any thoughts on how to correct the local extra paths without pulling out the entire movie & TV folders?

You could try "Refresh All Metadata" and maybe "analyze" across each of your library entries (just a guess, but it might help flush out issues like this)

• Thanks 1

Sorry if this has been covered but i could not find my specific error message, I thought i was going to be a smart guy and try to add hardware transcoding to plex. It would not start after the setup, i followed youtube guide to the T after finishing plex would not start and when checking the logs i get

Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: disk I/O error for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000 (N4soci10soci_errorE

here is a screenshot of docker i am using

Please help i dont want to set it up all over again

Plex Screwed.PNG

Edited by Sinister
manners
7 hours ago, Sinister said:

Sorry if this has been covered but i could not find my specific error message, I thought i was going to be a smart guy and try to add hardware transcoding to plex. It would not start after the setup, i followed youtube guide to the T after finishing plex would not start and when checking the logs i get

Error: Unable to set up server: sqlite3_statement_backend::prepare: disk I/O error for SQL: PRAGMA cache_size=2000 (N4soci10soci_errorE

here is a screenshot of docker i am using

Please help i dont want to set it up all over again

Plex Screwed.PNG

Looks like your database is corrupt. Cache disk full or any other issues?

So, plex-linuxserver running in Docker on Unraid.

Plex found at: http://192.168.178.25:32400/web/index.html <- I can connect to this and browse it, and successfully setup my Plex server and established 3 libraries last night:

image.png.a04b903cbf3c914584a685fd55794340.png

Today, I'm receiving this error that TOWER is currently unavailable:

image.png.e8eee8e5550fe76573e52d20cea9987d.png

This was available 12 hours ago when I set things up. I'm 100% sure that the TOWER server is available, but why is plex-linuxserver responding like this?

These are my settings in the Docker container, and I feel like I'm missing something but have no idea what it should be:

image.png.03ed01d3be64bac48c6117a9c15b4b1c.png

I've had this working successfully in the past for many many years, but recently swapped out some hard drives.

One of my drives is 100% full and I'm currently in the process of moving the files to another drive, could this be causing this???

Hello, I am currently running Plex on a server with an Nvidia P2000 and it has been running great for years.

I am looking to downsize my setup and replace my dual CPU motherboard and P2000 with a smaller motherboard utilizing intel Quicksync.

How would I go about doing that in terms of removing the Nvidia integration in my Plex docker?

All the media locations will remain the same, my concern is removing all the Nvidia entries, and then I believe I would need to reload Plex with a non Nvidia integrated version?

Edited by ashman70
3 hours ago, ashman70 said:

How would I go about doing that in terms of removing the Nvidia integration in my Plex docker?

Follow this guide to implement QuickSync video transcoding in Plex.  You would replace the Nvidia specific parameters in Extra Parameters with the /dev/dri device as well as eliminating any Nvidia integration specific variables.

image.png.1cb5376f96cb2d68598d621926838b21.png

If you are on unRAID 6.9.2, you should use the touch method (rather than go file entries) to create i915.conf to load the i915 drivers for iGPU.

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf 

Edited by Hoopster
  • Like 1