[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

9 minutes ago, TheBazlow said:

I think i'm fully back up and running. Here's a rundown of my adventure. 

I've reset my password

Opened /appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml

Made a backup

Removed the values from PlexOnlineHome, PlexOnlineMail, PlexOnlineToken, PlexOnlineUsername from xml file and saved.

Stopped the container

Added a new variable with a key of "PLEX_CLAIM" to container

Opened https://www.plex.tv/claim/

Copied the claim code into the value for the docker variable

Restarted the plex docker

It populates the Preferences.xml file with new data

At this stage I can access the web ui from direct IP. Trying to reach it from plex.tv, apps or custom domain wouldn't work

I went to settings, remote access and disabled it, enabled it, restarted docker again and now finally it's started working again. 

I tried those same steps and it did not work for me.  Can you post your variable creation.  Blank out your claim code so I can see if I did my variable correctly?

Here's the docker section

image.png.78d964104ac071afd5d5e46df0be0411.png

I noticed that if the Preferences fields are populated, adding the claim token doesn't seem to change anything, wiping them seems to be necessary before claiming. 

I didn't sign out of every device prior to doing all of this, i'm pretty sure this would have been a lot easier if I had. 

FWIW i found that using this command (add your claim token of course)

curl -X POST 'http://127.0.0.1:32400/myplex/claim?token=claim-xxxxxxx'

directly in the Unraid web terminal works in claiming the server.

Before that i also tried it via the variable in the dockers settings but that wouldn´t work.

I have it, sort of, back up and running now. Access via the local web app works. Access remotely via my Phone on mobile network works as well. What´s still weird is that access via the official webapp (app.plex.tv) doesn´t work for now claiming it can´t establish a secure connection.

Edited by Tetsuo
  • Thanks 2
11 minutes ago, Tetsuo said:

Before that i also tried it via the variable in the dockers settings but that wouldn´t work.

This is at least closed I can get to make this work, before I didn't even see my server, now I see it but get an error "Not authorized - You do not have access to this server" 

Had tried what was talked before and other things also.

EDIT: This did work, I was using changed Preferences.xml file for the first time, when I reverted to the old one this issue solved. Thank you for this 

Edited by russi
extra info
29 minutes ago, Tetsuo said:

I have it, sort of, back up and running now. Access via the local web app works. Access remotely via my Phone on mobile network works as well. What´s still weird is that access via the official webapp (app.plex.tv) doesn´t work for now claiming it can´t establish a secure connection.

Can confirm that this fixed my issue as well. I changed my password, then couldn't access any of my libraries with the not authorized messaged. After running this command with the claim code; everything seems to be back to normal. 

I just did it as per the Plex instructions and had no problems - signed out of all clients.  Signed back in locally, went to general settings, clicked Claim Server and it set itself up.  Didn't need to curl or change files.  It was a bit slow, but it got there.  Remote access is fine, etc.

From what I understand, I think the Plex servers have been over-run with people resetting their credentials.  Therefore, I *suspect* that most of these solutions would work under normal circumstances, and they may have worked for you guys now because their servers have calmed down some.

Having trouble with the curl command (probably due to my lacking knowledge).

1. Unraid Docker page in Web GUI

2. Terminal button top right

3. Put in Curl command (with local server IP and Token)

is that right?

i only get <html><head><title>Unauthorized</title></head><body><h1>401 Unauthorized</h1></body></html>

Thanks for the help.

Edited by ScruffyJas
13 minutes ago, ScruffyJas said:

Having trouble with the curl command (probably due to my lacking knowledge).

1. Unraid Docker page in Web GUI

2. Terminal button top right

3. Put in Curl command (with local server IP and Token)

is that right?

i only get <html><head><title>Unauthorized</title></head><body><h1>401 Unauthorized</h1></body></html>

Thanks for the help.

Figured it out. 

2. use Console on plex docker
3.         curl -X POST 'http://127.0.0.1:32400/myplex/claim?token=claim-xxxxxx'               with only altered token

• Thanks 1

tried all the above and none worked (also used the CURL command with a new claim code)

I then added allowednetworks= into the preferences.xml and entered my laptop local ip, then restarted plex docker and it then allowed me to claim. then i removed the static ip i entered and all seems to be working, thanks everyone!

Edited by bigup
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, TheBazlow said:

Here's the docker section

image.png.78d964104ac071afd5d5e46df0be0411.png

I noticed that if the Preferences fields are populated, adding the claim token doesn't seem to change anything, wiping them seems to be necessary before claiming. 

I didn't sign out of every device prior to doing all of this, i'm pretty sure this would have been a lot easier if I had. 

Mine is setup the same.  Just to add, everything just started working.

1 hour ago, Cessquill said:

From what I understand, I think the Plex servers have been over-run with people resetting their credentials.  Therefore, I *suspect* that most of these solutions would work under normal circumstances, and they may have worked for you guys now because their servers have calmed down some.

I’ve been trying all morning to reset my password and their website just times out so you’re probably right. Might wait till tomorrow and give it a try.

3 hours ago, bigup said:

tried all the above and none worked (also used the CURL command with a new claim code)

I then added allowednetworks= into the preferences.xml and entered my laptop local ip, then restarted plex docker and it then allowed me to claim. then i removed the static ip i entered and all seems to be working, thanks everyone!

This got me going also

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, TheBazlow said:

I've reset my password

Opened /appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Preferences.xml

Made a backup

Removed the values from PlexOnlineHome, PlexOnlineMail, PlexOnlineToken, PlexOnlineUsername from xml file and saved.

Stopped the container

At this stage I can access the web ui from direct IP. Trying to reach it from plex.tv, apps or custom domain wouldn't work

I went to settings, remote access and disabled it, enabled it, restarted docker again and now finally it's started working again. 

THIS.

I just did what you said and it's working perfectly. Finally. Thanks a lot man!

12 hours ago, TheBazlow said:

I've reset my password

Made a backup

Stopped the container

This worked for me as well.  I had to log out and log back in at the end of all the steps.  I am also able to access it remotely

Another Noob affected by the plex breach.

Long story short, tried to reclaim several times and just couldn't get it to work. (Most likely die to everyone doing it at the same time maybe)

Ive wiped/reinstalled the docker (linuxserver) to just start from scratch out of frustration where now it wont pull any network settings?

In fact, Ive tried other plex dockers and none will pull through. Logs dont say much other than ending with the usual "starting plex server, libusb_init failed"

Tried reinstalling again, even wiped the docker image with no change, same story. Am i missing something very obvious or do i need my own thread to be put in a museum with a plaque saying "this is a first thanks to this idiot"

IMG.jpg

I had the same issues, couldn't get in to see anything, unauthorized errors even on my LAN. I also had the black box saying 

#####################################################
#   Login via the webui at http://<ip>:32400/web    #
#   and restart the docker, because there was no    #
#      plex token found in the preference file      #
#####################################################

What ended up fixing it for me was one of two things:

1. I added the "PLEX_CLAIM" value on the docker settings. Make sure you notice that you only have 4 minutes before the key expires.

2. I went into the Appdata folder and removed the 4 key/value PAIRS that they said to on the troubleshooting page:  The first time I tried this, I just emptied the values so they were, for example, PlexOnlineMail="" . That didn't work. What seemed to work, was removing both key AND value.

The next time I Started the docker, the logs showed it was claimed successfully, and then logging into the LAN IP worked.

Server claimed successfully, navigate to http://serverip:32400/web to complete plex setup.

I dunno if it was just dumb luck, or restarting the docker image 12 times, but it finally looks good again.

Well, that was an adventure getting Plex going again after the password change.  Thanks to posts here, I eventually figured it out.  I added the PLEX_CLAIM variable and deleted the indicated lines from the preferences.xml and it was a no-go.  Server kept being reported as "unavailable" even though it was running fine.

Turns out I had to get a second claim code as the first one had expired while I was messing around.

This was more difficult than it needed to be.  I now have a better understanding of why some people prefer Emby/Jellyfin; they don't have to deal with Plex online login issues.  Be that as it may, I still prefer Plex for my overall needs.

Hi guys i need help with Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB

I currently got an ssd just for the appdata.

The folder app data seem to be creating a share with the folder.

Any idea how to fix this

I already did a optimse library etc.

image.png.46841c80ea78b67c2a921172a572090c.png

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry Critical: libusb_init failed