[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

3 hours ago, francrouge said:

Hi guys i need help with Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB

I currently got an ssd just for the appdata.

The folder app data seem to be creating a share with the folder.

Any idea how to fix this

I already did a optimse library etc.

image.png.46841c80ea78b67c2a921172a572090c.png

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB.
Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry Critical: libusb_init failed

Man I had the same and been spending a week on it, but found the solution for my situation yesterday.

Turns out it will do this when you hit the api limit/download quota on your Google drive mount which you use for your Plex.

I was rebuilding libraries, so it can happen, but this was too often for me.

Turned out Plex Server had the task under Settings > Libraries  for chapter previews enabled on both when adding files and during maintenance. This will make Plex go through every video and create chapter thumbnails.

Once I disabled that the problem was solved  and Plex became responsive again.

6 hours ago, Kaizac said:

Man I had the same and been spending a week on it, but found the solution for my situation yesterday.

Turns out it will do this when you hit the api limit/download quota on your Google drive mount which you use for your Plex.

I was rebuilding libraries, so it can happen, but this was too often for me.

Turned out Plex Server had the task under Settings > Libraries  for chapter previews enabled on both when adding files and during maintenance. This will make Plex go through every video and create chapter thumbnails.

Once I disabled that the problem was solved  and Plex became responsive again.

Mmm interessting 

So i put mine on never it was all on planified task

image.thumb.png.a1e26c822c1a3ae10a9d541572084a47.png

I will check to see if it helps

But the fact you're telling me about the api /Ban make sense also

thx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

In my plex docker template, there is no path mapping for the transcode folder.

Hardware transcoding works, and if I open a docker console, the folder "/transcode" exists and contains session data.
My question is to know where is this /transcode folder: on RAM ? on disk ?

Thanks

2 hours ago, mika91 said:

My question is to know where is this /transcode folder: on RAM ? on disk ?

i would say you answered your question yourself ...

2 hours ago, mika91 said:

its in your docker image (path) whatever you use there but surely not in RAM, if your intention is todo so, follow the guides you find here already ... there are several ways, /dev/shm ... /tmp ... create a tmp ramdisk ... whatever you wish you ll find it ;)

9 hours ago, mika91 said:

Interesting.  There is one in my linuxserver.io Plex template.  In mine, I have it mapped to a share that exists on an old, waiting to die SSD.  It would be just sitting in a drawer if I didn't find a use for it.

In Plex, the Transcoder temporary directory is set to /transcode.

Plex Transcode.JPG

On 8/12/2015 at 10:13 PM, linuxserver.io said:

Nvidia

1.  Install the Unraid Nvidia Plugin, download the version of Unraid required containing the Nvidia drivers and reboot

2.  Add the Plex container and add --runtime=nvidia to extra parameters (switch on advanced template view) and copy your GPU UUID to the pre-existing NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES parameter.  There is no need to utilise the NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES parameter any more.  This is handled by our container.

The NVIDIA visible devices has gone from the template? or am I missing something? My container failed during updating.. maybe because this option doesn't exist, but I'm not sure.

image.thumb.png.8e658483a2db59ec1005bb121dd15383.png

Manually adding the variable worked for me, but figured I should report it..

Edited by Addy
  • Upvote 1

Hi, I'm a little confused - finding conflicting information on google.
New build, trying to install Plex and use Intel hardware transcoding.

What is the current/up to date method for loading the driver? First post of this thread says edit the go file but I'm reading elsewhere not to do that and instead to do touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Which is the best method (and why)

EDIT: In the 6.9 Release notes:

touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/amdgpu.conf

This only needs to be done once, it does not need to be added to your go script.

In 6.9.1, if your go script contains a modprobe command for your GPU and/or a command to fix the permissions on /dev/dri, you should remove them:

Should the first post of this thread be updated? Seems like Unraid recommend the touch method instead of editing the go file.

Edited by daithi
4 hours ago, daithi said:

What is the current/up to date method for loading the driver? First post of this thread says edit the go file but I'm reading elsewhere not to do that and instead to do touch /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Depends on the  version of unRAID.

For 6.8.X and prior releases - Go file modifications

For 6.9.X - the touch method was recommended

for 6.10.X + - the drivers are automatically loaded if the appropriate hardware is detected.

From the 6.10.0  Release Notes:

Linux Kernel

Upgraded to Linux 5.15.x LTS kernel which includes so-called Sequoia and Dirty Pipe vulnerability mitigations.

In-tree GPU drivers are now loaded by default if corresponding hardware is detected:

amdgpu
    ast
    i915
    radeon

These drivers are required mostly for motherboard on-board graphics used in GUI boot mode.  Loading of a driver can be prohibited by creating the appropriate file named after the driver:

echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Alternately, the device can be isolated from Linux entirely via the System Devices page.  Note that in Unraid OS 6.9 releases the in-tree GPU drivers are blacklisted by default and to enable loading a driver you need to create an empty "conf" file.  After upgrading to Unraid OS 6.10 you may delete those files, or leave them as-is.  This change was made to greatly improve the Desktop GUI experience for new users. 

I am running 6.10.3 on my main server and hardware transcoding in Plex is working great.  I have the go file modifications commented out but the "touched" i915.conf from 6.9.x is still present.

Edited by Hoopster
27 minutes ago, Hoopster said:

Depends on the  version of unRAID.

For 6.8.X and prior releases - Go file modifications

For 6.9.X - the touch method was recommended

for 6.10.X + - the drivers are automatically loaded if the appropriate hardware is detected.

From the 6.10.0  Release Notes:

Linux Kernel

Upgraded to Linux 5.15.x LTS kernel which includes so-called Sequoia and Dirty Pipe vulnerability mitigations.

In-tree GPU drivers are now loaded by default if corresponding hardware is detected:

amdgpu
    ast
    i915
    radeon

These drivers are required mostly for motherboard on-board graphics used in GUI boot mode.  Loading of a driver can be prohibited by creating the appropriate file named after the driver:

echo "blacklist i915" > /boot/config/modprobe.d/i915.conf

Alternately, the device can be isolated from Linux entirely via the System Devices page.  Note that in Unraid OS 6.9 releases the in-tree GPU drivers are blacklisted by default and to enable loading a driver you need to create an empty "conf" file.  After upgrading to Unraid OS 6.10 you may delete those files, or leave them as-is.  This change was made to greatly improve the Desktop GUI experience for new users. 

I am running 6.10.3 on my main server and hardware transcoding in Plex is working great.  I have the go file modifications commented out but the "touched" i915.conf from 6.9.x is still present.

Thank you. Talk about making things too complicated for myself. I'm on 6.10.3 so I guess I'll just spin up the container with the Extra Parameters line and see if it works.

@linuxserver.io I think it would be great if you could edit the first post in this thread. It was the first thing I came across trying to do my own resarch and I guess it's out of date by a few Unraid versions now.

My iGPU won't HW Transcode with Tone Mapping enabled.

Coffee Lake, i3-9100, UHD 630

Unraid 6.10.3
Repository: lscr.io/linuxserver/plex

VERSION: docker
Extra Parameters: --device=/dev/dri

I think the driver is loaded correctly:

https://imgur.com/D3Q7ukl

Transcode Settings in Plex:
https://imgur.com/FVXS8sY

I've tried it a few different ways, with the same 4k movie, quality set to 1080p Medium. I watched the Plex dashboard/Unraid CPU usage. CPU values are after giving it a minute or two to settle.

tone on, hw accel on, video enc on		4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10) -> 1080P (H264)—Transcode				90%+
tone off, hw accel on, video enc on		4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10) (hw) -> 1080P (H264)—Transcode (hw)		2-30%
tone on, hw accel on, video enc off		4K HDR10 (HEVC Main 10) (hw) -> 1080P (H264)—Transcode			40-60%, spikes to 90

Should I be expecting this or better? I thought the UHD 630 could do tone mapping but as soon as it's enabled it's offloading to the CPU.

I'm not really planning on ever transcoding 4k movies (the library is not shared with anyone but myself) but I don't like when things aren't working when they're supposed to 🤣

Edit: Seems like it's been an issue with Plex for a bit over a month now. I'd like to play around with the newly added support for the "Editions" tag so I'm going to just disable tonemapping for a while and hope Plex gets it fixed soon.

Edited by daithi
On 9/7/2022 at 3:52 AM, Addy said:

The NVIDIA visible devices has gone from the template? or am I missing something? My container failed during updating.. maybe because this option doesn't exist, but I'm not sure.

image.thumb.png.8e658483a2db59ec1005bb121dd15383.png

Manually adding the variable worked for me, but figured I should report it..

I'm having this same issue. I tried manually adding the variable but it didn't work. Can you post a screenshot of your variable settings?

Hi,

since Unraid 6.11 I have a lot of errors, I don't know if it's related.
I have Plex Version 1.29.0.6244

[Req#3d8/Transcode] Denying access due to session lacking permission to transcode key /library/metadata/127765

[HttpClient/HCl#72] HTTP error requesting GET http://192.168.1.1:49153/735a4a72/gatedesc0a.xml (52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)). Network appears to be configured for jumbo frames.

SSDP: Error parsing device schema for http://192.168.1.1:49153/735a4a72/gatedesc0a.xml

Do you have any idea what my problem is ?

Thank,

15 minutes ago, Jobine said:

[HttpClient/HCl#72] HTTP error requesting GET http://192.168.1.1:49153/735a4a72/gatedesc0a.xml (52, Server returned nothing (no headers, no data)). Network appears to be configured for jumbo frames.

SSDP: Error parsing device schema for http://192.168.1.1:49153/735a4a72/gatedesc0a.xml

Hi,

These 2 messages are related to Plex daemon failing partially to fetch your router doing UPNP port mapping for incoming traffic, which leads to relayed incoming connections instead of direct.

I don't know what could cause this from Unraid 6.11 or whatever else, but as a workaround can you try to configure a manual port mapping for the incoming traffic in your router, and configure the reflecting configuration as manual mode in Plex, and verify if at least it behaves correctly ?

Edited by mmz06
24 minutes ago, Jobine said:

This line shows that Plex complains about Jumbo Frames being enabled on your network (router).

Did you enable this option or tried to change default MTU size (1500), on your router or Unraid ?

If yes, maybe you should reverse this change...

Edited by mmz06