[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

On 2/4/2023 at 10:25 AM, ConnerVT said:

Not quite.  Looks as this (obviously, replace with the version you wish to run):

Set VERSION back to docker

Plex Version.JPG

For those people having hardware transcoding issues, I switched to the last major version which resolved the issue for me. 

Just change the repo from linuxserver/plex to linuxserver/plex:version-1.29.2.6364-6d72b0cf6

Once a fixed version of 1.30 comes out just switch it back to linuxserver/plex

Edited by darcon

Maybe both?  All I can say, the screenshot from my server worked when I set it.  This is how it has been for at least 1.5 years, when I fixed a Live TV streaming bug.  I really need to see if one of the most current revisions work correctly, and update.  Need to find a time where I can take Plex down for awhile.

On 2/14/2023 at 8:06 PM, Wolfhunter1043 said:

Which is correct? We have two examples...

linuxserver/plex:version-1.29.2.6364-6d72b0cf6 

or

linuxserver/plex:1.29.2.6364-6d72b0cf6

They both work. The one I linked is the most recent release that I could find where hardware transcoding still worked. I didn't see the need to go all the way back to 1.24 as I only encountered this issue recently. 

Edited by darcon

1.24 is where I ended up during football season a year ago.  Streaming Live TV remotely (not actually a supported feature) broke, and it was the best version to watch football at my desk at work when I was scheduled on Sundays.  The feed would "Unexpectedly ended..." every 12 minutes.

Getting back to a "modern" version is on my To Do list for the server.  But just completed a CPU/MB upgrade, added a KVM, converted all access to Cloudflare tunnels.  Still need to prepare the entire network for the 1G fiber coming in a few months.  Plex is working, users are happy.  That's why Plex is perhaps the last of my apps I feel I need update as soon as they drop something new.  They ain't got a great track record for this...

Hi,

New to unraid and docker pretty much, i'm sure this is a config issue, but when i play a file in plex, it shows as WAN instead of the LAN?  Not sure what's wrong, but would appreciate guidance and/or help.  I can provide screenshots or configs, or whatever.  But plex is on 192.168.1.4 and my device is 192.168.1.57 so it's the same subnet and everything, but tautulli shows it as WAN traffic instead of LAN traffic...

thanks.

edit:  I messed with the network mode moved to the nic and then back to "host" mode and now it's showing up on LAN properly.  Weird.

Edited by st1994

Having this issue where random files wouldn't play, normally MKV containers. But I would have other files identical to them that would play. Was going to roll back the version of plex but had a database issue and went back to the newest and dealt with the problem. I dug into the logs today and the error it throws when trying to watch one of these files is EasyAudioEncoder failed. I deleted the codec file and restarted plex. The troubled files appear to work again. Also read something saying to run Plex as privileged in the docker settings if this doesn't work for you. Hope this helps someone. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2023 at 4:33 PM, darcon said:

For those people having hardware transcoding issues, I switched to the last major version which resolved the issue for me. 

Just change the repo from linuxserver/plex to linuxserver/plex:version-1.29.2.6364-6d72b0cf6

Once a fixed version of 1.30 comes out just switch it back to linuxserver/plex

Just want to give kudos for this post... I'm setting up a new unraid server and just got Plex installed last night.  But the streaming wasn't working (threw up a VAAPI error). Was pulling my hair out trying to figure things out then saw this post about HW transcoding not working with the latest Plex version.  Rolled it back to the version above and now it is working!!!  Thank you!

I rebuilt my Unraid server this weekend (changed cases and upgraded mobo + CPU). Almost everything came back online without a hitch; however, I ran into an issue after updating and launching my Plex container.

When I logged into the WebUI I was given prompts like I was setting Plex up again for the first time. What was weird is that it seemed to remember my library settings, so I just continued through the setup. All of my files are still accessible without issue, and the metadata appears to be the same. That said, none of my Plex users are able to see my library any more. It shows as disconnected. I double checked and all of the users that I've sent invites to are still listed. In addition, when I log into Plex from all of my home devices, I am told that my library is unavailable. However, if I browse I am able to find the 'new' instance of my library.

It's as if my old Plex 'instance' got overwritten with a new one. Is there an easy way to fix this? Or will I need to re-send invites out to all of my friends?

edit:
I checked today and all of my friends were still listed, but my library wasn't shared with any of them. I just manually re-shared out to everyone.

Edited by prophecy0

Hi, can someone please help? I recently tried to update the plex docker to the lastest one as I usually do, but it failed.

image.png.ab14e8217296e1719ef43b5d5d5a542f.png

The docker is broken and I cannot even access the logs for it. Totally broken. 

Set up with Nvidia GPU for transcoding. Followed this guide

11 hours ago, alitech said:

No, it is not that, I just added it 2 years ago 

image.png.7f3c715c80f74fd657d87bc0a075889c.png

This is the one that was added by following all instructions on this video

1 hour ago, alitech said:

The docker is broken and I cannot even access the logs for it. Totally broken. 

as your description and pictures are not helping in any way ...

may goto docker page, add container, choose from your user templates (scrolling down until user templates are coming) your old plex container setup, and start it, you should see at least the docker run command with its failure ... that may would help others to help you.

On 3/14/2023 at 1:26 PM, alturismo said:

as your description and pictures are not helping in any way ...

may goto docker page, add container, choose from your user templates (scrolling down until user templates are coming) your old plex container setup, and start it, you should see at least the docker run command with its failure ... that may would help others to help you.

728974798_plexdocker.thumb.png.dc00092872d9b5e3230935704d9a03f1.pngPlease see this

After much delay and slow speed of the server because of this docker, I managed to pull this data. 

Whats wrong here?

1 hour ago, alitech said:

Whats wrong here?

This thread is for the linuxserverio version of the Plex docker.  You've got the plexinc version there.

Also, it looks like you're transcoding directly to your array, which I would have thought would be a nightmare.

Edited by Cessquill
typo