[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

hmm… interesting. i don't think that any kind of sanity checks are done from either the docker engine or unRAID itself, before they kill that running container. so probably we could just let sit the container a bit for itself (after any action that does update on disk contant – appdata, etc.), before giving the restart, stop, etc. command.

ok, assumed, you pressed the power button not for too long!  ;)

so i can be calm about it and believe, that a clear shutdown-sequence is initiated – but, because of super small system & resources used by the container it will be a very fast shutdown.

so, for my other question on which linux distro and plex built you settled?

thx.

ok, assumed, you pressed the power button not for too long!  ;)

so i can be calm about it and believe, that a clear shutdown-sequence is initiated – but, because of super small system & resources used by the container it will be a very fast shutdown.

so, for my other question on which linux distro and plex built you settled?

thx.

It's builder on top of Ubuntu and we use the plex bins provided by plex them self :)

I am having a problem transcoding. It seems i am running out of space according to the log. Some bigger mkv will not even start because of this, whereas some time ago they worked. I am transcoding in ram, /transcode => /tmp Still have plenty of ram to go about, this did not change. I did see in the log that the docker chowns /transcode from root:root to abc:abc during startup. Could this be the evil? I am on the latest plexpass version.

Plex is not playing anything anymore and unsure where to start my troubleshooting. Here on the site of plex support forums.  This all happened when i tried to upgrade to the newest unraid version.  My reboot got hung up and it last a few hours, the drives wouldn't unmount.  I did a hard reboot and plex doesn't work anymore but i have the upgrade to the newest unraid version and even put a new plex docker build.

Plex is not playing anything anymore and unsure where to start my troubleshooting. Here on the site of plex support forums.  This all happened when i tried to upgrade to the newest unraid version.  My reboot got hung up and it last a few hours, the drives wouldn't unmount.  I did a hard reboot and plex doesn't work anymore but i have the upgrade to the newest unraid version and even put a new plex docker build.

Have a look a couple of posts back pls.

I'm curious if it would be possible to create a version of the plex container with this included:

https://github.com/wnielson/Plex-Remote-Transcoder

Would love to be able to utilize some of my other boxes.

lonix: any chance you plan on implementing this anytime soon. Maybe it warrants a separate docker image? I'm considering taking a look but if you're planning in it I may wait for your solution.

I'm curious if it would be possible to create a version of the plex container with this included:

https://github.com/wnielson/Plex-Remote-Transcoder

Would love to be able to utilize some of my other boxes.

lonix: any chance you plan on implementing this anytime soon. Maybe it warrants a separate docker image? I'm considering taking a look but if you're planning in it I may wait for your solution.

Feel free to join our irc channel to discuss and potentially make a branch with me. But I'm abit uncomfortable promising anything with  a fragile product like this.

Wow, am I grateful for this thread. I was convinced for a moment that my files had been corrupted somehow. Of course it was easy to figure out that was not the case. Simply removing plexpass from the variable value for the "VERSION" variable line and I am back in business. Dockers are the best! Thank you for your dockers.

Wow, am I grateful for this thread. I was convinced for a moment that my files had been corrupted somehow. Of course it was easy to figure out that was not the case. Simply removing plexpass from the variable value for the "VERSION" variable line and I am back in business. Dockers are the best! Thank you for your dockers.

your welcome
  • 2 weeks later...

Not sure I understand… The WebUI is your server. Don’t you see your media and the same name for Plex as you hade before?

Edit: Wait, I am probably mistaken, sorry! You probably need to go to settings in the WebUI and select Server and make the settings there same as you hade before.

that is correct. server tab is missing but i think i got it to work now.

i've deleted needo and linuxserver.io plex container and image, rebooted the server, then reinstall. the server tab. (which i did multiple times). it started to work when i replaced the new preferences.xml file with my old one.

Thanks leifgg for you efforts.  ;D