[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried setting my VERSION to plexpass, both in the Environmental Variables field as well as the Extra Parameters field, but neither seems to make the container grab the plexpass version. The command being run when it's set as an environmental variable is quoted below. Is there something I am doing wrong with my parameters?

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="PlexMediaServer" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e VERSION="plexpass" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v "/mnt/user/Files/.Plex/":"/config":rw -v "/tmp":"/transcode":rw limetech/plex

Thanks,

the3b

Hi all,

I'm having a weird problem. I've just migrated from the Limetech docker due to the lack of PLEXPass support. Everything seemed to go well, however I had to restart the docker to get it to run after it installed.

Subsequently, I've noticed that when I restart unRAID, the Linuxserver docker, initially doesn't load. Even though it is set to start at boot and after booting the green indicator is showing next to the icon as if it was running. When I click to view the log however, the log is completely blank and when I try and load the GUI the page isn't available.

If I click to restart the docker though, it reloads and everything is fine. I'd appreciate any help that can be given as having to manually restart it every time the server reboots will be a little frustrating. I've deleted and reinstalled the image and container several times and I'm afraid I have no logs to post other than what's there after I restart the docker as the log is empty initially...

-----------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

Using version: 0.9.14.5.1595-5c6e524 from Plexpass latest
No need to update!
‘/defaults/plexmediaserver’ -> ‘/etc/default/plexmediaserver’
Starting dbus-daemon
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting Avahi daemon
6 3000 /config/Library/Application Support
unlimited
Dec 21 00:39:17 unRAID syslog-ng[42]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'
Starting Avahi daemon
Dec 21 01:17:01 unRAID /USR/SBIN/CRON[963]: (root) CMD ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly)

Thank you

Just wondering has anyone converted from Needos version to this without any problems? I remember going from Binhex version to needos and had to redo everything.

I recently converted from Needos to the Linuxserver Plex docker. 

My only issue was waiting long enough after starting the Linuxserver Plex docker for the first time, it took about 5 minutes or so before I could access Plex.

I think the docker may have been scanning (or changing file permissions or something) on my huge Plex metadata database.

But all my setup and watched status all transferred flawlessly.

Just wondering has anyone converted from Needos version to this without any problems? I remember going from Binhex version to needos and had to redo everything.

I recently converted from Needos to the Linuxserver Plex docker. 

My only issue was waiting long enough after starting the Linuxserver Plex docker for the first time, it took about 5 minutes or so before I could access Plex.

I think the docker may have been scanning (or changing file permissions or something) on my huge Plex metadata database.

But all my setup and watched status all transferred flawlessly.

yea the first time you start we fix the library to be more standard :)

Just restarted PMS to update to latest version. Watching the log file as it started I saw this AccessDenied error. Is it safe to ignore?

Starting dbus-daemon

Starting Avahi daemon

unlimited

Dec 24 08:53:16 unRAID syslog-ng[123]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Dec 24 08:53:16 unRAID dbus[125]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon

• 2 weeks later...

Following my issue in post #79, I have deleted the original docker.img and re-added all of my containers, but still have the same problem.

However, plex did load initially after the install, which it didn't last time. But after a server reboot, plex shows as running, but nothing, until i restart the container, then BAU.

Is it possible for two containers to conflict?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well I just forced a new update for the container and that's sorted the problem. So thank you if any devs were responsible for the fix?

I think their may have been an update to the base image but I might be wrong.  Could just be the sun, moon and earth are finally in the right alignment...  :o

Just restarted PMS to update to latest version. Watching the log file as it started I saw this AccessDenied error. Is it safe to ignore?

Starting dbus-daemon

Starting Avahi daemon

unlimited

Dec 24 08:53:16 unRAID syslog-ng[123]: syslog-ng starting up; version='3.5.3'

Dec 24 08:53:16 unRAID dbus[125]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon

probably

I understand that running "docker restart plex" is the best way to update to the latest version of Plex Media Server, but what is the best way of knowing when an update is available?

For instance, in the Plex settings I was running 0.9.15.0 (plex pass version).

Click the "Check for updates button"

It says you are up-to-date, but the latest Plex Pass version is 0.9.15.1

I restart the Docker and 0.9.15.1 is installed with no issues. Obviously this isn't a problem, but I would have never known there was an update unless I went to the Plex website and looked at the latest Plex Pass version available for download.

I understand that running "docker restart plex" is the best way to update to the latest version of Plex Media Server, but what is the best way of knowing when an update is available?

I restart the Docker and 0.9.15.1 is installed with no issues. Obviously this isn't a problem, but I would have never known there was an update unless I went to the Plex website and looked at the latest Plex Pass version available for download.

unRAID can only tell you when the docker has been updated. It can't really tell when the application in the docker is updated because the details on how to determine this can vary widely for different dockers.

When I open my Plex Server WebUI it tells me there is an update available, and I just close it and restart the docker to get the update.

Plex has currently turned off the update notifications for the Plex pass version. As soon they turn it on again for new releases you will see the notification in the PMS GUI.