[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

WHen the Plex container first starts it can take some time to actually start working depending on Plex updates and permission changes.

What does the Docker log for plex say?

ur1_zpsivqxhr3m.png

???

I think this is a blocked port issue; I can't hit unserver:32400...so my machine, not the FireTV can find the PLEX server.

The question is...at least for this noob; is why? Why...all of a sudden??

This looks like the syslog, not the log for that specific docker container. Click on the container's icon and you will get a popup with a few choices, one of these being the log for that container.

Just realized you have named your server the same as I did, right down to the lower/upper case. ;D

WHen the Plex container first starts it can take some time to actually start working depending on Plex updates and permission changes.

What does the Docker log for plex say?

ur1_zpsivqxhr3m.png

???

I think this is a blocked port issue; I can't hit unserver:32400...so my machine, not the FireTV can find the PLEX server.

The question is...at least for this noob; is why? Why...all of a sudden??

This looks like the syslog, not the log for that specific docker container. Click on the container's icon and you will get a popup with a few choices, one of these being the log for that container.

Just realized you have named your server the same as I did, right down to the lower/upper case. ;D

Sorry; you're right about the log (though I'm almost sure, this doesn't shed much light)

ur2_zpsiivubzgr.png

You're right that doesnt, BUT the actual syslog has something I'd like to look into....

Why is docker0.IPv4 being assigned an IP address? Do you have the docker config set to Bridge or Host?

I'm almost positive, Host; but it's here...isn't it. Settings > Docker?

This looks different to me, and doesn't have that drop-down anymore??

ur3_zpshuupe6vh.png

No, it will be in the edit for the Plex Docker container in the Docker tab

He's got it set as Host in previous picture.

I'd completely remove Plex as well as it's container. Then from a command line run:

docker rmi $(docker images -q --filter "dangling=true")

Then reinstall the container.

Wait a bit for the container to load. You can watch using the log by clicking the piece of paper looking icon to the far right of the plex container.

No, it will be in the edit for the Plex Docker container in the Docker tab

He's got it set as Host in previous picture.

I'd completely remove Plex as well as it's container. Then from a command line run:

docker rmi $(docker images -q --filter "dangling=true")

Then reinstall the container.

Wait a bit for the container to load. You can watch using the log by clicking the piece of paper looking icon to the far right of the plex container.

It's been so long, since I ran a command line; and without telnet, and on 6. Sorry.

Guys, I'm sorry; will someone take mercy on me...walk me back, and forward through this. One step at a time?

I thought I removed the PLEX and the container; then re-installed. But seriously...Docker, Container; man...it's all new to me.  :-[

GREAT; I can't believe, the leaps and bounds 6 has taken. But the curve has me swinging and missing (to reiterate...I had the damn thing working, and streaming f-ing movies and everything! Just don't know, where things got fouled up...or how to correct them).

Haven't particularily been following your problems, but if it WAS working and now its not and something's buggered along the way what I would do is

Delete the container and image

Delete the appdata folder

Restart the server just for good measure

Add the linuxserver.io version through CA (do NOT select a template via the drop down) - (If nothing else, this will give you a container that is better supported than LT's)

On the template page fill in your volume mapping again

Once you can get to the webUI (it'll take awhile after it downloads due to updates, etc), make sure that Plex says that its accessible to the outside world)

You'll be back to square one, but its a fresh start.

Haven't particularily been following your problems, but if it WAS working and now its not and something's buggered along the way what I would do is

Add the linuxserver.io version through CA (do NOT select a template via the drop down) - (If nothing else, this will give you a container that is better supported than LT's)

Once you can get to the webUI (it'll take awhile after it downloads due to updates, etc), make sure that Plex says that its accessible to the outside world)

Thanks Squid. But I'm a visual guy; so I'll post pictures  ;)

STEP 1, yes?

squid1_zpsegslisms.png

Thanks Squid. But I'm a visual guy; so I'll post pictures  ;)

STEP 1, yes?

squid1_zpsegslisms.png

I'm such a fraidy cat...I'm waiting for the go-ahead, lol.

And you're adding Limetech's version again.  Don't select anything with the dropdown select template and install the linuxserver version through CA

OK; do I still remove the container and image first? Then...re-trace my steps?

Yes

OK...and the reason I asked, is I did it once before; and got the same result this time.

But...PLEX is gone.

sq3.png.d915853384944a5dd5e0cf9c2e7fdf71.png