[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

See Step 1:  Delete your previous image file

May look slightly different than that old post but that's basically the idea.

That's exactly what I did. I set 'enable docker' to No...hit apply; that gave me the check-box, to delete image file...but the delete button, stays greyed-out  ???

OK...I got impatient; so I set docker enabled back to yes, and pointed at the same image file for re-create.

sq5.png.3fc32f2e0a577baebf00842ee91e7e70.png

CDLehner, I've just got in after a couple of rough days at work.  I'll try and catch up on your issues tomorrow, feel free to install our version of Plex if you wish or Limetechs, but if you do choose to install the Limetech version, would you mind migrating to their support thread?  You're sending my notifications mad! lol

As Squid said though, no harm done, and it did give me a chuckle....

There's a thread somewhere about which Plex container to select.  I'm afraid I don't have the link to hand and am replying on my phone. 

I'm not going to answer the question for two reasons, because firstly each version has fors and againsts as is detailed in the Plex thread I mentioned above and secondly, as a member of linuxserver.io I can't really give you an unbiased opinion in all honesty... and I'm sure you can guess what I'd say....

I am having a very strange issue.

I can access my server remotely but if im on my local network all plex clients cant see the local plex media server installed with this docker. I have searched online and cant find anyone having a similar problem to me. I cant understand why it would work remotely and not locally. Normally it would be the other way round? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So for the past week or so I've been having some issues with Plex buffering a lot lately.  This is something that has not happened before in or out of network.  The devices having issues are my Vizio and Samsung smart TV's, which have the Plex app.  Both connected via wire.  I went on to my UnRaid docker and checked for updates, and it stated it had the latest.  I forced it to update, and I noticed that the container ID changed.

Then I went to the Plex WebGui, settings, server, and I noticed it states

Version 0.9.15.2! An update is available. Please install manually.
  How do I go about updating manually?

So for the past week or so I've been having some issues with Plex buffering a lot lately.  This is something that has not happened before in or out of network.  The devices having issues are my Vizio and Samsung smart TV's, which have the Plex app.  Both connected via wire.  I went on to my UnRaid docker and checked for updates, and it stated it had the latest.  I forced it to update, and I noticed that the container ID changed.

Restart the container to update. Currently version 0.9.15.3 is the latest PlexPass release.

Restart the docker container, it will update automaticly

I did re-start and didn't do anything. I even rebooted the server. I'll do it again when I get home tonight.

Check that you have VERSION set to plexpass

You can also try to set VERSION to a specific version to download

How do I get to those options?

Edit the container and enable Advanced View.

I just realized that I am using the Limtech version of plex, which apparently only updates the public version of Plex.  How do I go about switching from Limtech to Linuxserver Plex docker?

Here you go--

I just ran across this last week as well as I was using another source.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41609.msg394769#msg394769

Hope that helps!

EDIT:  And I just found my issue as well--for anyone facing a similar issue:  there's a VARIABLE you can add (at least for Linuxserver) that states "latest" or "plexpass".  I was getting prompted to "install manually" then found the variable under the advanced view of the docker's properties for Plex.  Soon as I changed it from latest to plexpass I went from 9.15.2 to 9.15.3

Many thanks to Linuxserver for this repository--MUCH appreciated!  Plex has been a huge leap forward for me from the years of using my Dune.

I just realized that I am using the Limtech version of plex, which apparently only updates the public version of Plex.  How do I go about switching from Limtech to Linuxserver Plex docker?

Here you go--

I just ran across this last week as well as I was using another source.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=41609.msg394769#msg394769

Hope that helps!

EDIT:  And I just found my issue as well--for anyone facing a similar issue:  there's a VARIABLE you can add (at least for Linuxserver) that states "latest" or "plexpass".  I was getting prompted to "install manually" then found the variable under the advanced view of the docker's properties for Plex.  Soon as I changed it from latest to plexpass I went from 9.15.2 to 9.15.3

Many thanks to Linuxserver for this repository--MUCH appreciated!  Plex has been a huge leap forward for me from the years of using my Dune.

Thanks. I will try it out when I get home later tonight.

I can't get to the web UI to setup Plex :(

I'm new to unRaid, so I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I installed this docker from the Community Applications. Set it up to be using plexpass, it installs and sets up properly, but when I click on it in the Dashboard and choose Web UI, it loads a page saying Safari can't connect to the server. It was going to http://192.168.1.110:32400/web. I looked at the URL for my current flex setup on my Mac Mini, and its going to /web/index.html, so I tried changing the Web UI URL to that in advanced settings, so it went to http://192.168.1.110:32400/web/index.html but same issue.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I can't get to the web UI to setup Plex :(

I'm new to unRaid, so I'm sure I'm missing something simple. I installed this docker from the Community Applications. Set it up to be using plexpass, it installs and sets up properly, but when I click on it in the Dashboard and choose Web UI, it loads a page saying Safari can't connect to the server. It was going to http://192.168.1.110:32400/web. I looked at the URL for my current flex setup on my Mac Mini, and its going to /web/index.html, so I tried changing the Web UI URL to that in advanced settings, so it went to http://192.168.1.110:32400/web/index.html but same issue.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Do you have any other working dockers?