[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

I can't reproduce this using VERSION = latest or VERSION = plexpass

So can only assume it was a transient issue.

Have tried multiple times now and nothing--wondering if I should try another plex docker?

looks to be a docker hub issue to me.

So for the docker novices like myself--not a local unraid/docker config issue but rather a docker linuxserver.io plex specific website issue?  Just want to make sure...

Still getting the error today 3/24 @ 10:33AM PST.

IMAGE ID [3ae61bd06450]: Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex. Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. Error pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [3ae61bd06450]: Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Then

IMAGE ID [3ae61bd06450]: Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex. Pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/. Pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [f7eef3e8d2a5]: Pulling metadata. Error pulling dependent layers.
IMAGE ID [3ae61bd06450]: Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, endpoint: https://registry-1.docker.io/v1/, HTTP code 400. Error pulling image (latest) from linuxserver/plex, HTTP code 400.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 0 B

Ran new perms on the cache drive, and it seems to be working now.

Well, I was right, it did get buggered up...  ;D

Glad you got it sorted, that's a lot easier fix than if the symlinking was knackered.

Wow, I didn't even see your reply when I posted that. Thanks anyways.

Have tried multiple times now and nothing--wondering if I should try another plex docker?

looks to be a docker hub issue to me.

So for the docker novices like myself--not a local unraid/docker config issue but rather a docker linuxserver.io plex specific website issue?  Just want to make sure...

no, a docker hub specific issue...

all the images are stored at the dockerhub.

apparently some of their partners are having issues...

Ugh, still having issues and can't install Plex.

Are you able to able any other dockers?  Is your server connected to the internet? have you tried pinging google to make sure?

I can definitely install other dockers. This happens with only the linuxserver dockers (at least the ones I've tried: Plex and nzbget)

Are you able to able any other dockers?  Is your server connected to the internet? have you tried pinging google to make sure?

I can definitely install other dockers. This happens with only the linuxserver dockers (at least the ones I've tried: Plex and nzbget)

I am seeing this issues when look at "Installed Apps" under Community Applications.

"NOTE: This application is listed as being NOT compatible with your version of unRaid."

How do I correct this without losing any data? Just uninstall and reinstall the docker?

unRAID_LinuxServer_IO_Plex_Docker.png.6dc635e93123e4ec8a651aa5f5d8a65f.png

I am seeing this issues when look at "Installed Apps" under Community Applications.

"NOTE: This application is listed as being NOT compatible with your version of unRaid."

How do I correct this without losing any data? Just uninstall and reinstall the docker?

What's the output of
cat /etc/unraid-version

What version of community applications is currently installed?

What's the output of
cat /etc/unraid-version

unRaid version 6.1.9

Community Application version 2016.03.04

What's the output of
cat /etc/unraid-version

unRaid version 6.1.9

update CA

tmchow:

Wanted to let you know I resolved my issue--I ended up using needo's docker.  BUT.....I also neglected to make a change in my template from /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver.  I doubt that was the issue but it's the other variable I overlooked when deploying from needo's docker.  Some history that may or may not be relevant:  I was originally pointed to /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver and then realized I should have been using /mnt/cache/appdata to keep all the drives from spinning up.  I set /mnt/appdata to use cache drive ONLY but still failed.  Manually removed all the /mnt/appdata from each drive and then ended up removing plex and image.  That's when my issues started exactly like you have---however i was putting in the path as /mnt/cache/appdata until that final time when I forgot to make the switch.

Like I said it's probably COMPLETELY irrelevant but that's the entire story...to this point:  I found the other issue that was completely driving me crazy involved Plex not being available remotely and found that to be because I had jumbo frames enabled (which I could have sworn I've had enabled for some time--but the second I turned it off I was able to connect remotely) more troubleshooting to come on this front.

Hope that helps at least a little!

What's the output of
cat /etc/unraid-version

unRaid version 6.1.9

update CA

Steps taken:

1. Update Applications - did not work

2. Uninstall/Reinstalled CA, then Update Applications - did not work

3. Stopped Array, rebooted server, updated application - still did not work

What's the output of
cat /etc/unraid-version

unRaid version 6.1.9

update CA

Steps taken:

1. Update Applications - did not work

2. Uninstall/Reinstalled CA, then Update Applications - did not work

3. Stopped Array, rebooted server, updated application - still did not work

Even with the message, there is no problem with the app; CA will let you install when Hide Incompatible Apps is set to no.  (By "did not work", I am assuming the incompatible message is still there -> since I'm not following whatever else is going on here)

But, since I can't replicate this (and no one else is reporting a similar issue), I need to know what the output is of

cat /etc/unraid-version

And additionally, when you hit "Default" on the container, the browser URL is going to display a path to the template.  (Something like http://server_a/AddContainer?xmlTemplate=default:/var/lib/docker/unraid/templates-community-apps/221.xml)

Can you also post the output of:

cat whatever the path is in bold above