[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Able to replicate now....  There's nothing incompatible with the app itself.  The issue here is that you've changed the name of the app from plex to Plex.  I'll pump out an update to CA to address.  Sorry for the inconvenience

Oh, okay. Thanks. That would explain why the MySQL docker was also acting the same way. I ended up removing and reinstalling when I switch from another docker to the LinuxServer.IO one. I had also proper named it (MySQL), but when I installed the newer docker I left it as is.

tmchow:

Wanted to let you know I resolved my issue--I ended up using needo's docker.  BUT.....I also neglected to make a change in my template from /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver.  I doubt that was the issue but it's the other variable I overlooked when deploying from needo's docker.  Some history that may or may not be relevant:  I was originally pointed to /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver and then realized I should have been using /mnt/cache/appdata to keep all the drives from spinning up.  I set /mnt/appdata to use cache drive ONLY but still failed.  Manually removed all the /mnt/appdata from each drive and then ended up removing plex and image.  That's when my issues started exactly like you have---however i was putting in the path as /mnt/cache/appdata until that final time when I forgot to make the switch.

Like I said it's probably COMPLETELY irrelevant but that's the entire story...to this point:  I found the other issue that was completely driving me crazy involved Plex not being available remotely and found that to be because I had jumbo frames enabled (which I could have sworn I've had enabled for some time--but the second I turned it off I was able to connect remotely) more troubleshooting to come on this front.

Hope that helps at least a little!

I think you must have meant /mnt/user/appdata and not /mnt/appdata in your explanation above. /mnt/appdata would actually be a RAM location and not on any disk.

tmchow:

Wanted to let you know I resolved my issue--I ended up using needo's docker.  BUT.....I also neglected to make a change in my template from /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver to /mnt/cache/appdata/plexmediaserver.  I doubt that was the issue but it's the other variable I overlooked when deploying from needo's docker.  Some history that may or may not be relevant:  I was originally pointed to /mnt/appdata/plexmediaserver and then realized I should have been using /mnt/cache/appdata to keep all the drives from spinning up.  I set /mnt/appdata to use cache drive ONLY but still failed.  Manually removed all the /mnt/appdata from each drive and then ended up removing plex and image.  That's when my issues started exactly like you have---however i was putting in the path as /mnt/cache/appdata until that final time when I forgot to make the switch.

Like I said it's probably COMPLETELY irrelevant but that's the entire story...to this point:  I found the other issue that was completely driving me crazy involved Plex not being available remotely and found that to be because I had jumbo frames enabled (which I could have sworn I've had enabled for some time--but the second I turned it off I was able to connect remotely) more troubleshooting to come on this front.

I think you must have meant /mnt/user/appdata and not /mnt/appdata in your explanation above. /mnt/appdata would actually be a RAM location and not on any disk.

You are correct--my bad!

tmchow:

I got mine working too by just using LimeTech's.  I really want to switch to Linuxserver to get plexpass and easier updating, and it seems that switching between Limetech and Linuxserver are the easiest variatns to switch between because they do the permissioning automatically.

The thing your post solves for me is my lack of remote access. I've been tearing my hair our for hours trying to figure out why it doesn't work and I have jumbo frames enabled!  Disabled it and remote access worked. Thank you!

I don't know why I bother. I was using the lime docker and decide the linuxserver one would be better so I tried to move over. I created a new docker with the same paths and started it up but it couldn't find servers. Then I tried to back to the old one and it appears it created a new server, it finds a new empty one and my old one can't be found. Any idea what I did wrong, I'd hate to have to setup my libraries and share them all over again. :-(

I don't know why I bother. I was using the lime docker and decide the linuxserver one would be better so I tried to move over. I created a new docker with the same paths and started it up but it couldn't find servers. Then I tried to back to the old one and it appears it created a new server, it finds a new empty one and my old one can't be found. Any idea what I did wrong, I'd hate to have to setup my libraries and share them all over again. :-(

It's probably a permissions issue...

Hi, I have the strangest problem!!!

I am running unraid 6.1.9 with Linuxserve PlexMediaServer docker.

I installed two plugins, TwitchMod and Sonarr - TwitchMod worked, sonarr did not show up, so I deleted that folder again. Suddenly I lost connection to Plex! I tried to restart the Plex docker, I can login but no server found!

I then talked to the linuxserver guys in IRC, told me to try to remove docker + image and install again - I did with a completely new app folder - still same result - i can login - i can select user and then - no Plex server running!!! effwC.jpg.

I then tried Limetech and Needo's all the same, installs, i can login - no server running!!!

Drives me crazy! Hope someone can help!!!

Kind Regards

Morten

I've seen this before and it's something jacked with Plex.  I can't remember what I did to sort it out in the end though.  But the symptoms were the same and I did the same as you, used our docker, everyone else's docker and Phaze's plugin.

I've got a feeling it was something to do with access tokens but I may be wrong.

I've seen this before and it's something jacked with Plex.  I can't remember what I did to sort it out in the end though.  But the symptoms were the same and I did the same as you, used our docker, everyone else's docker and Phaze's plugin.

I've got a feeling it was something to do with access tokens but I may be wrong.

I tried both bridge and host no difference...

I have a feeling it is something with access tokes as well... anyway my account is banned og somehow screwed up ??

So, click on update, and it states there's no update.  Changed the version, restart and still doesn't update, but there is a new update for Plex.  I guess I'll just have to be patient!

Yep same here. I went to the docker main page and noticed this comment:

"Hey, I saw that plex download has changed its url. It was https://downloads.plex.tv/ and now its https://plex.tv/downloads

Whe you restart the container plex is not starting since its in a loop redirecting to the URL.

Please upgrade it."

This does seem to be true as the first URL now does a redirect to the new URL. I assume we wont be getting any new plex updates until that is fixed in the docker image.

Hey guys, due to a agreement with plexDevs we decided to turn off the ability to install plexpass versions in our container. (more comming on linuxserver.io).

You can either use -e VERSION=0.9.<restofversionnumber> or wait untill our container updates. (once this PR gets merged: https://github.com/linuxserver/docker-plex/pull/32)

The container update should enable "plexpass updates" again.  and will be acompanied with a article on our website.

Thanks for the understanding. And for useing linuxserver.io's containers. we love makeing them for you all.

I'm a PlexPass subscriber, but not for the server software, but for the apps. I do however want to remain logged in (so as to ensure remote streaming) and I do want to remain on the latest public release.

My understanding that VERSION=latest will give me the latest plexpass version, is this correct?

If correct, how can I achieve my desired outcome?

I'm a PlexPass subscriber, but not for the server software, but for the apps. I do however want to remain logged in (so as to ensure remote streaming) and I do want to remain on the latest public release.

My understanding that VERSION=latest will give me the latest plexpass version, is this correct?

If correct, how can I achieve my desired outcome?

You observed corret. I will look into your use case

Removed support for user specified /transcode locations as Plex are changing this functionality upstream

Could you elaborate more on this? Do we need to remove our /transcode location in our docker and then Plex manages it?

+1 Please elaborate. This is obviously confusing. Upstream is a rather vague term in this context... :-\