[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Anyone having weird Plex issues recently with it keeping track of watched status etc.

Please was working fine for many months, but now is

• not marking shows as watched when I get to the end
  • not remembering when I left off and allowing me to resume
  • not adding items I'm watching to the "on deck" section

I'm assuming its something related to the latest update, although I hadn't even noticed it had updated!

Anyone got any ideas?

There are several reports about issues with watched status at the Plex forum. Some clients works fine but a few have this issue.

Thanks yeah, it seems PHT now doesn't work properly with PMS and isn't going to be fixed!

I'd recommend switching to PMP (Plex Media Player). Think it's intended to replace PHT. I switched to it a while ago and really like the layout, which is now in line with the Roku interface. It also seems to work more reliably with less common media types, which is a big bonus for me.

I am moving from the old lime tech repo to this container.  I followed the directions for doing so, but I do not see any docker containers from the new repo.

How can I get unRAID to see the new containers sitting out there in a newly added repo?

Use the Community Applications (CA) plug-in to manage plugins and dockers. It will take care of all that.

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40262.0

Any reason why I am continuously getting

Received packet from invalid interface.

from my Plex Logs when running docker logs plex?

What version of Unraid you using?  I used to see this in my syslog a few releases back, I remember it being harmless and that archedraft and I both saw the same thing.

I have not seen those in Plex logs, however they have been sighted in UnRaid logs and IIRC they are harmless communication with windows 10 pcs (vague recollection)? You should not have them with the latest 6.1.9 version as they have been suppressed.

I am using 6.1.9

No Windows 10 PC's in the house. No Windows machines at all actually.

When I open up my syslog in the unraid gui this is pretty much the only log I see repeated to infinity....and it is definitely coming from Plex.

Issue persists with v1.0

What version of Unraid you using?  I used to see this in my syslog a few releases back, I remember it being harmless and that archedraft and I both saw the same thing.

I have not seen those in Plex logs, however they have been sighted in UnRaid logs and IIRC they are harmless communication with windows 10 pcs (vague recollection)? You should not have them with the latest 6.1.9 version as they have been suppressed.

I am using 6.1.9

When I open up my syslog in the unraid gui this is pretty much the only log I see repeated to infinity....and it is definitely coming from Plex.

Issue persists with v1.0

Not sure what is going on with this, we've had no other reports from anyone else on Unraid or any other system.  Do you get the problem using other Plex dockers?

I am using 6.1.9

Issue persists with v1.0

Do you share your plex server with anyone that could be using a windows machine to view content?  I am not seeing this issue on my system at all

I am using 6.1.9

Issue persists with v1.0

the "issue" if there is one, is to do with dbus/avahi and not with plex itself. avahi announces and listens on the local network and some of the returns it gets from different clients trigger the message.

macs/windows machines are just two of the clients that can result in the messages, there may well be others.

the "issue" if there is one, is to do with dbus/avahi and not with plex itself. avahi announces and listens on the local network and some of the returns it gets from different clients trigger the message.

macs/windows machines are just two of the clients that can result in the messages, there may well be others.

Good to know that information. I will start looking into what may be causing it. The log gets reported constantly, whether or not something is streaming from Plex or not.

Seems like it could be due to a bridge set up from the Unraid GUI? https://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=38684.0

Currently I have...

Setup Bridge: Yes

Bridge name: br0

Downgrading my Plex install to current-1 to fix a bug with remote access in the current version. Where do I find the full version strings? I can only find the one example that's listed on the linuxserver.io's docker page (0.9.16.3.1840-cece46d).

Older releases (than 1.0) is no longer supported and has been removed from the file archive.

Read more at the Plex Forum: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62832/plex-media-server#latest

That's super annoying. Luckily, the string I found on the support page works to pull that particular previous version for now. Was hoping to get a slightly newer version without getting a 1.x.x ver, but I'll just wait until they fix the bug in the next release. Thanks!

Downgrading my Plex install to current-1 to fix a bug with remote access in the current version. Where do I find the full version strings? I can only find the one example that's listed on the linuxserver.io's docker page (0.9.16.3.1840-cece46d).

Older releases (than 1.0) is no longer supported and has been removed from the file archive.

Read more at the Plex Forum: http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/62832/plex-media-server#latest

Disregard my previous 2 posts. I found the posts regarding this issue with the Beta. Have now nuked my Docker.img and reinstalling dockers successfully :)

I actually have right now the same issue but with unRaid 6.2.0-rc1.

If I understand you right you removed your docker image and re-created/added all your docker's (containers) again which solved the problem.

May I ask if you had this issue with all docker's or "only with the one from Linuxserver.io?

It's not only our containers, it was an issue that was fixed in RC1...

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

OK, than I have a different problem, because if i'm trying to update any of the Linuxserver.io dockers which I have installed I'm getting this error.

I just tried to update any other docker and it went trough without the error.

any advice what that could be?

• 2 weeks later...

Plex here starts to not play smooth then the trancsode cache file/folder gets to 3.8GB/4GB size.

If I stop the movie and wait to the cash empty itself and start from the point where the shutter started, it plays fine again.

Anyone has the same issue?

This happens on firefox playback and shield TV

Plex here starts to not play smooth then the trancsode cache file/folder gets to 3.8GB/4GB size.

If I stop the movie and wait to the cash empty itself and start from the point where the shutter started, it plays fine again.

Search for transcoding in the thread.  Plex removed the cache location I think.  Also, is your server up to the task?  Might be hardware limitation.

Search for transcoding in the thread.  Plex removed the cache location I think.  Also, is your server up to the task?  Might be hardware limitation.

I have set the cache to be on the cache drive on the unraid server so no problems with the space there.

The server is porwerfull enough for it, and it only happens then the cache folder gets close to 4GB, so I have not had this problem before since I mostly see series with episodes around 30min and the cache folder does not get over 3GB on episodes, only on long movies. (1.5hours+)

I have set the cache to be on the cache drive on the unraid server so no problems with the space there.

The server is porwerfull enough for it, and it only happens then the cache folder gets close to 4GB, so I have not had this problem before since I mostly see series with episodes around 30min and the cache folder does not get over 3GB on episodes, only on long movies. (1.5hours+)

Where are you transcoding to?  They removed transcoding to memory support.  Which cache folder are you on about?