[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

at my container the images are not correct matching with the tv-show or movie i selected. how can i force plex to manually create the all the meta (incl. the correct images) freshly?

As this isn't a question specific to getting the container up and running, and more to do with configuring Plex, I'd recommend you ask over on their forums.

I had to change to lime-tech docker of PLEX Media Server because LS.io one doesn't transcode anymore for me.  I even deleted the docker + image, and still, when I reinstalled it, same issue.  It just give an error when need to transcode anything.  Direct Play wasn't affected. 

Very strange Issue.  I don't know if it's the update to 1.1.2.x of PLEXPass version or anything else, but moving to LimeTech official docker worked again on 1.0.3.

Also, I tried using the VERSION to set it to the 1.0.3.xxxxx but even with that, when I started it, it always say "No need to upgrade" and stay on the broken version (!).

strange thing happened today here, needed to restart the machine and afterwards tried to start the plex docker and nothing… docker log only shows these lines:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing... 

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing... 
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.1.3.2700-6f64a8d

it never gets any further, so plex-server is dead for me. no plex = wife unhappy!

VERSION = plexpass (i'm a lifetime pass owner)

also tried to delete all references to plex (only appdata left) and re-installed it, but same errors in the log.

anyone with the same errors (and possibly any solution)?

strange thing happened today here, needed to restart the machine and afterwards tried to start the plex docker and nothing… docker log only shows these lines:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing... 

_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \ 
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We do accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing... 
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing... 
Atempting to upgrade to: 1.1.3.2700-6f64a8d

it never gets any further, so plex-server is dead for me. no plex = wife unhappy!

VERSION = plexpass (i'm a lifetime pass owner)

also tried to delete all references to plex (only appdata left) and re-installed it, but same errors in the log.

anyone with the same errors (and possibly any solution)?

I think VERSION needs to be set to latest. Plexpass isn't an accepted variable anymore (read back through this thread to find out why). Also to reassure you I am also a plex pass subscriber and I get the latest plex pass version by using latest as the version variable. ?

well, doesn't make any difference  :( i even think, that it did search only for latest on it's own – at least i had a glimpse while starting it this time. but i set it explicitly to latest – nada, same.

anyway, at which version are you yourself? do you updated to this one: 1.1.3.2700-6f64a8d and did it succeed?

Reading the blog post here, https://www.plex.tv/blog/air-human-plex-dvr-divine/ the dvr beta is currently only available as a download from the forum and for plexpass users only.

Since we cannot determine who are plexpass users and who are not, we cannot supply a version of plex containing this beta without breaking plex's rules regarding non-plexpass users access to content meant only for plexpass users.

We have already had one warning from plex on this very issue that forced us to change our container some months ago.

Also contained in the blog post is the line

"rest assured this will be available as an automatic update for Plex Pass users before long."

You will have to wait until then, if someone else offers a container with it, that is their concern and their fight with plex.

No way for a PlexPass user to manually download the file from the beta post and put somewhere in the docker container so it will be used during docker container startup?

I too would like to know this - possibly create a version of this docker app that doesn't update automatically and lets you install a package manually ?

No way for a PlexPass user to manually download the file from the beta post and put somewhere in the docker container so it will be used during docker container startup?

I too would like to know this - possibly create a version of this docker app that doesn't update automatically and lets you install a package manually ?

You can disable updates by taking out the version variable, but I cannot advise you to look at the container structure on our git repository in regards as to installing a .deb file.

The only way you can install this beta now is to install the plugin plex are providing themselves and use that instead of plex in your docker. I would back up your app data tho, just in case the beta screws something up!

The only way you can install this beta now is to install the plugin plex are providing themselves and use that instead of plex in your docker. I would back up your app data tho, just in case the beta screws something up!

Be warned though, anyone posting specifics about how to do this on this thread, I'll ask a moderator to remove those posts.

That would be infringing upon plex's legal property.

Be warned though, anyone posting specifics about how to do this, I'll ask a moderator to remove those posts.

That would be infringing upon plex's legal property.

Agreed. If you have plexpass and download the unRAID plugin version through the secure link plex provided in their recent communication and use it, this link and package shouldn't be shared with anyone - as sparky has said, that's plex legal property.

Actually, to update to the Beta DVR version only requires setting the "Version" environmental variable to the Beta version number.  Installed with no issues.  I won't list the version number in this forum, but anyone with a PlexPass can access the Plex DVR Beta forum and find it there.

thanks, good information.

and thanks for not posting the version here.

Actually, to update to the Beta DVR version only requires setting the "Version" environmental variable to the Beta version number.  Installed with no issues.  I won't list the version number in this forum, but anyone with a PlexPass can access the Plex DVR Beta forum and find it there.

And thanks to you (and LS.io) for planning ahead and creating a Plex Docker Container that can run Beta versions of software!  :o

And thanks to you (and LS.io) for planning ahead and creating a Plex Docker Container that can run Beta versions of software!  :o

+1

Working for me too!