[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Tried your changes but same issue.

How did you install the template?

Not certain I understand this question. I just entered data (as you had explained earlier today) when the container was installing. Then I opened the template and made the necessary edits. Is there another way?

orn

Sorry.  What I mean is how did you get the basic template in the first place to edit?  Via CA and hitting Add there or via another means.  Trying to determine if its CA's fault somehow that those wonky entries came into being.

Interesting.  Either someone at lsio was playing around with the template, or the download got corrupted somehow.  (Or you have memory issues with the server)

What I would do is uninstall Plex, then reboot the server and then reinstall again via CA.

Not saying that it'll fix the issue(s), but if the template shows up correct then at least we're on the right track and the lsio/Plex experts can take over

Hi. I have a Hisense TV that uses the Plex client from Opera TV. This client has an issue with multiple IP addresses for Plex Media Server. Link for the issue:

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/208119/have-a-problem-with-multiple-ips-on-different-subnets

The solution is to have just one network interface on PMS. But the docker installation seems to internally use 172.17.42.1 virtual interface and presents this in addition to the 192.168.x.x ip of the server.

Is there some way to prevent this so that only the 192.168.x.x ip is presented?

There are 2 ip addresses published to plex.tv for my server and that's causing a problem to the tv client that expects to see just one ip address.

I am also having an issue with my tv client -- I was going to try to figure it out on my own before posting but since you have a similar problem I'll ask now.

I have an LG TV -- used to work fine when I had PlexServer on Windows. Since I switched to the docker the TV does not connect to PlexServer. If I ask it to scan for servers it finds the server but selecting it does nothing. The Plex DLNA server does show up and it works fine but that defeats the whole point of using Plex.

There are 2 ip addresses published to plex.tv for my server and that's causing a problem to the tv client that expects to see just one ip address.

I am also having an issue with my tv client -- I was going to try to figure it out on my own before posting but since you have a similar problem I'll ask now.

I have an LG TV -- used to work fine when I had PlexServer on Windows. Since I switched to the docker the TV does not connect to PlexServer. If I ask it to scan for servers it finds the server but selecting it does nothing. The Plex DLNA server does show up and it works fine but that defeats the whole point of using Plex.

Don't know about your problem, but I just got a new LG and Plex works fine on it using this docker.

Be warned though, anyone posting specifics about how to do this on this thread, I'll ask a moderator to remove those posts.

That would be infringing upon plex's legal property.

I cleaned up the posts of a user that posted the plexpass version numbers at sparkly's request. I left the posts in place but without the plexpass version numbers.

Have you found a solution to this yet?

I spent a a few hours working on it yesterday and I don't think it is a docker issue -- my belief is that it is a firewall issue but I haven't figured out a solution yet. Are you using a firewall/UTM?

Is it possible to install an older version of this docker and then prevent Plex from upgrading?

I've been trying for two days to get PlexServer to work with my TV and I can't even though it used to before with PlexServer on Windows -- but now neither docker nor Windows works. Downgraded to version 0.9.1606.1993 on Windows and now it works. I'd prefer to keep PlexServer as a docker if possible.

Your best bet may be to switch to using binhex's plex app, as his are 100% completely static and do not ever update themselves.  You just have to add a tag after the repository when you add the container (ie it'll look something like binhex/plex:0.9.16.6.1993-1-02

Complete list of his tags are here: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-plex/tags/

Alternatively you can set the VERSION environment variable (currently at latest) with lsio to a full version number of plex, but I'm not exactly sure how the updates work anymore with their plex app

Hi,

I have installed this docker of Plex but when I go to the web interface it cannot find any plex media server and shows me an option to download it. What should I do to make it work?

Have you read the Docker FAQ sticky thread? This is a good one.

Do you have any other working dockers?

Yes, I have several virtual servers and dockers running ok also using nginx as reverse proxy for all of them... but no matter what docker of plex I install I got the screen u can see attached here.

plex.PNG.f346e739fcc48510a71a7d85b3f855a6.PNG

Is it possible to install an older version of this docker and then prevent Plex from upgrading?

I've been trying for two days to get PlexServer to work with my TV and I can't even though it used to before with PlexServer on Windows -- but now neither docker nor Windows works. Downgraded to version 0.9.1606.1993 on Windows and now it works. I'd prefer to keep PlexServer as a docker if possible.

Your best bet may be to switch to using binhex's plex app, as his are 100% completely static and do not ever update themselves.  You just have to add a tag after the repository when you add the container (ie it'll look something like binhex/plex:0.9.16.6.1993-1-02

Complete list of his tags are here: https://hub.docker.com/r/binhex/arch-plex/tags/

Alternatively you can set the VERSION environment variable (currently at latest) with lsio to a full version number of plex, but I'm not exactly sure how the updates work anymore with their plex app

Thanks for the reply but I actually managed to fix figure out the problem and fix it by reading the release notes for Plex Server

Hi,

I have installed this docker of Plex but when I go to the web interface it cannot find any plex media server and shows me an option to download it. What should I do to make it work?

Yes, I have several virtual servers and dockers running ok also using nginx as reverse proxy for all of them... but no matter what docker of plex I install I got the screen u can see attached here.

Did you look at the link I gave you?

Hi,

Did you look at the link I gave you?

I did but I dont know what to look for there... docker itself is working fine, I can go open the web interface and there is no errors or warnings in logs

My posters and thumbnails disappear each day. What's the deal?

Server version: (linuxserver docker) Version 1.1.3.2700

Clients: Chrome Version 2.7.10 and Samsung TV

What you did?: Only by clicking refresh for the share/Library in the setting drop down can I force the search and return of the posters.

What happens?: Posters and thumbnails disappear each day.

Server is not set to update periodically or automatically. This is the only issue Im having it remembers my recently play and and everything else.

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1piqgr25lxbq1cn/AADebTBCxXYBcYFXy9lj_COAa?dl=0

Also, why are there .1, .2 and .3 versions of the logs? (

) Is this my problem?

2016-09-10_08_38_44-__tower_cache_plexmediaserver_Library_Application_Support_Plex_Media_Server_Logs.png.d7e2b9f73792568ebee10e2489c0302b.png

2016-09-10_08_44_13-__tower_cache_plexmediaserver_Library_Application_Support_Plex_Media_Server_Logs.png.485d2610df69600b66bb0eb4f15e9570.png

2016-09-10_09_30_36-Tower_UpdateContainer.png.f29f2ce45a67d24b540692d64d63f2ff.png

2016-09-10_09_45_27-mc_root@Tower__mnt_user_plexmediaserver_Library_Application_Support_Plex_Media.png.c1af2609a2048b2e47db845bdfdf808a.png

What you did?: Only by clicking refresh for the share/Library in the setting drop down can I force the search and return of the posters.

Server is not set to update periodically or automatically. This is the only issue Im having it remembers my recently play and and everything else.

) Is this my problem?

Screenshots of your volume mappings for plex would be great, but best guess is that your appdata mapping is set to /mnt/user/appdata/plex while it should be /mnt/cache/appdata/plex.  Plex makes extensive use of hardlinks for posters etc and that is not supported within user shares on 6.1.9

) Is this my problem?

Screenshots of your volume mappings for plex would be great, but best guess is that your appdata mapping is set to /mnt/user/appdata/plex while it should be /mnt/cache/appdata/plex.  Plex makes extensive use of hardlinks for posters etc and that is not supported within user shares on 6.1.9

Updated my post with volume mapping. I have PMS on my cache drive. Do I need to modify my mapping? I recently installed my cache drive and setup the docker image on the cache and installed the PMS docker.