[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Since installing v6 and the Limetech PMS container I am also losing posters etc. daily.

From info below it is clear that my /config was inappropriately mapped and I have remapped it. See attached.

Question: should I map as /mnt/cache/appdata/plex or /mnt/cache/application support/plex? See attached.

Perhaps unrelated but the Cache drive no longer visible when I sign onto server. Any thoughts?

Plex_old_mapping.jpg.db44c7dc38f9d3a76ae132c9d27beb70.jpg

PLEX_new_mapping.jpg.93403a4614c3269f0a1f6317c4cd8d96.jpg

PLEX_Folder.jpg.298eefc3269bcd0a920b99130f31012c.jpg

That's what you mapped as /config, the conventional way to do it is /config =

You have /config = /mnt/cache/plexmediaserver

I obviously see the difference in these paths. But does that really alter it that much? The tutorial for install I followed said to do as I have. Which is why it is at it's current location. As you mentioned Im certainly in /mnt/cache and not /mnt/user.

Im awaiting "Compute All" command to complete to see the settings of the PMS share. mr-hexen didn't offer any further info on whether the share should be set to cache only or not just wanted to know the current state. What state should the PMS share be?

If I change to the volume mapping to "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex" will that be the magic bullet to keep the posters daily? 

I don't know if it'll be your magic bullet, but I can tell you I don't lose my posters.

Compute all won't be accurate because of symlinks and such, it'll take ages and be meaningless in my opinion. 

Is this you first docker container?  If so, just do this....

1.  Create a cache only share called appdata

2.  For each app and their /config place it in /mnt/cache/appdata/appname

Trust me even if you don't understand why.  Squid has already told you why.

Since installing v6 and the Limetech PMS container I am also losing posters etc. daily.

From info below it is clear that my /config was inappropriately mapped and I have remapped it. See attached.

Question: should I map as /mnt/cache/appdata/plex or /mnt/cache/application support/plex? See attached.

Perhaps unrelated but the Cache drive no longer visible when I sign onto server. Any thoughts?

Yep, this isn't the LimeTech support thread,  Want to change to using our version then be my guest and feel free to follow any advice on here, otherwise, sorry I'm not going to get involved. 

If your cache drive isn't visible then that  may well be the cause of your problem, but that is completely another topic and I suggest you make a thread with diagnostics and as much info as you can about the cache issue, until you get that sorted I wouldn't worry about Plex.

Ive been running unRaid since 2012 but still learning.

I recently updated/upgraded my server and have just tried to get it running smoothly so I can just let it do it's thing. This little PLEX issue is the last one.

Yes, this is my first docker container. I wanted to wait till I had a proper cache drive setup to utilize dockers I created a 20GB docker image on the cache drive when I began. Then just pointed the /config to that cache.

So basically I need to create the "appdata" share on the cache drive and remap the PMS /config to the appdata share with each docker container going forward? I imagine when I remap the config for PMS I will need to rebuild/update library in PMS webGUI?

Im running compute all as none of my user shares were showing in the WebGUI. I found it weird they weren't showing. I haven't looked at my shares pages one the webGUI in a bit. It is taking ages.

I recently updated/upgraded my server and have just tried to get it running smoothly so I can just let it do it's thing. This little PLEX issue is the last one.

Yes, this is my first docker container. I wanted to wait till I had a proper cache drive setup to utilize dockers I created a 20GB docker image on the cache drive when I began. Then just pointed the /config to that cache.

So basically I need to create the "appdata" share on the cache drive and remap the PMS /config to the appdata share with each docker container going forward? I imagine when I remap the config for PMS I will need to rebuild/update library in PMS webGUI?

If none of your user shares are showing in the Unraid webgui then I would sort that out before anything else.  Generally speaking, whenever something is "weird" it means you're missing something, one of my rules of computing.....

Yes you will need to rebuild Plex's config data.

If none of your user shares are showing in the Unraid webgui then I would sort that out before anything else.  Generally speaking, whenever something is "weird" it means you're missing something, one of my rules of computing.....

^^^^This.

Don't keep digging when the hole you're in is already over your head.

Get your server working normally, then take things slowly when adding anything else, and ask as you go. And read the Docker FAQ sticky thread, but only after you get your server working normally again.

And start by following this advice:

If your cache drive isn't visible then that  may well be the cause of your problem, but that is completely another topic and I suggest you make a thread with diagnostics and as much info as you can about the cache issue, until you get that sorted I wouldn't worry about Plex.

Im running compute all as none of my user shares were showing in the WebGUI. I found it weird they weren't showing. I haven't looked at my shares pages one the webGUI in a bit. It is taking ages.

Yes you will need to rebuild Plex's config data.

So the PMS share is settings are in the attached photo. Should it be set to "Only" for Use cache disk?

2016-09-10_14_12_59-Tower_Share.png.a1612692a850c743894270f2b7036f2e.png

So the PMS share is settings are in the attached photo. Should it be set to "Only" for Use cache disk?

Yes

I don't know if it'll be your magic bullet, but I can tell you I don't lose my posters.

Compute all won't be accurate because of symlinks and such, it'll take ages and be meaningless in my opinion. 

Is this you first docker container?  If so, just do this....

1.  Create a cache only share called appdata

2.  For each app and their /config place it in /mnt/cache/appdata/appname

Trust me even if you don't understand why.  Squid has already told you why.

I was running a plex contain great for a year. Then my Docker went crazy and ran out of space and shut down. I tried to bring back my docker after clearing space and adding it but all my images came up as orphans.So I clear my entire docker container. Removed everything thing from my cache and started new. So when i install the new plex container everything shows a successfully deployment of my plex container but when i click done it shows up as a orphan image. I have complete cleared my cache drive and installed a fresh Unraid instance but everytime it shows up as an orphan. I must be missing something. Help me please. I have pictures if needed.

I was running a plex contain great for a year. Then my Docker went crazy and ran out of space and shut down. I tried to bring back my docker after clearing space and adding it but all my images came up as orphans.So I clear my entire docker container. Removed everything thing from my cache and started new. So when i install the new plex container everything shows a successfully deployment of my plex container but when i click done it shows up as a orphan image. I have complete cleared my cache drive and installed a fresh Unraid instance but everytime it shows up as an orphan. I must be missing something. Help me please. I have pictures if needed.

Probably this: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg463355#msg463355

No, you'll need to repull them but all your config data is in appdata

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I apologize for the additional questions here, but it has been some time since I've had to do much with the server. That is sort of the beauty of it. I just leave it and perform routine updates every once in awhile and it just works.

So I feel compelled to ask just so I don't do something stupid. So I access my cache disk and literally delete my 30 gig docker.img file. Do I then need to reboot the server for some reason?  Will the 30 gig docker.img file be automatically rebuilt?  How do I refill the dockers?  Do I just go to APPS in unraid and will they still be listed under INSTALLED APPS?  Thanks for any guidance.