[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

Ive recently done a server rebuild and come to the point I want to reinstall this plex docker...

is it still necessary to set up the temp\transcode folder to reside in memory so it doesnt fill up the docker image and have faster read\write when transcoding?

if so, what variables and settings need to change?

Thanks all :)

Last I heard plex doesn't want you to transcode to memory. If you just take the default settings it should transcode to your appdata. Also see here

I am having an issue with the plexpass update channel, plex seems to freeze after a few hours and gives me the following error in the logs. https://i.imgur.com/Xwy8ELj.jpg

No idea how you've got Plex configured either docker or the app itself, sorry not given us anywhere near enough information to try and work this one out.  May well be a Plex (config) issue rather a docker issue.  Have a look at the docker FAQ to get an idea of what we need as a MINIMUM....  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481150#msg481150

Also try looking in the Plex logs as I've pointed to above.

here is my log https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwkcbMyLG6eeaWhaVElfUXJ3ZmM/view?usp=sharing and attached is my command. It seems to be fine for a few hours until it hits the specific files. Ive tried clearing trash and optimizing the database as well.

Screenshot_2016-10-27_at_2_07.48_PM.png.a960163cf195c88953766e3f248d541e.png

Perhaps the wrong place to post this, if so please let me know where it should go.

With Plex DVR (still in beta) they've added post-processing scripts for commercial detection and removal. Conceptually, I'm not sure how to use something like this in a docker environment. Would I need to create a VM with the comskip and ffmpeg or is something that could conceivably be incorporated into the container?

I'm still new to the whole concept but I figure one of you has done some thinking on this front.

I am having an issue with the plexpass update channel, plex seems to freeze after a few hours and gives me the following error in the logs. https://i.imgur.com/Xwy8ELj.jpg

No idea how you've got Plex configured either docker or the app itself, sorry not given us anywhere near enough information to try and work this one out.  May well be a Plex (config) issue rather a docker issue.  Have a look at the docker FAQ to get an idea of what we need as a MINIMUM....  http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=40937.msg481150#msg481150

Also try looking in the Plex logs as I've pointed to above.

here is my log https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwkcbMyLG6eeaWhaVElfUXJ3ZmM/view?usp=sharing and attached is my command. It seems to be fine for a few hours until it hits the specific files. Ive tried clearing trash and optimizing the database as well.

I can't see what errors you're talking about in the log.  But I admit to only having skimmed through.  If it's the same files causing the issue then perhaps they're the problem though.  If you're going to post logs here then best way is in your post with code tags.  But can you just post the bit with the error.  I have to say though, it's sounding more like an issue with Plex itself rather than the container.

Post your code here

Perhaps the wrong place to post this, if so please let me know where it should go.

With Plex DVR (still in beta) they've added post-processing scripts for commercial detection and removal. Conceptually, I'm not sure how to use something like this in a docker environment. Would I need to create a VM with the comskip and ffmpeg or is something that could conceivably be incorporated into the container?

I'm still new to the whole concept but I figure one of you has done some thinking on this front.

AFAIK we haven't given it any thought as the DVR stuff is very US/Homerun centric, and comskip and ffmpeg would need to be incorporated into the container themselves.

AFAIK we haven't given it any thought as the DVR stuff is very US/Homerun centric, and comskip and ffmpeg would need to be incorporated into the container themselves.

It would be nice if there was a docker that just contained comskip and ffmpeg (and any other dependencies).

Then you could just set it up to watch a folder for new recordings and put the processed video files into an output folder.

Sickbeard or Sonar could then be configured watch the processed video folder.

I'm trying to set up a new instance of PMS on my unRAID server, and the LinuxServer image created fine.  But, I am having one small issue.

I have installed the sageplex scanner to allow me to import sagetv shows and movies to Plex.  I have this all working on my sagetv box, but I want to offload the plex to my unRaid box. 

I am running unRaid 6.2.2, and my docker containers are fairly new, created under 6.2.1 in the last week.

I have one of my 6 Sagetv drives mapped in via Samba, and it's also shared into my docker container.

When I do a refresh on the Sagetv library I created, the sageplex container complains with the following error:

[525/528] Processing /sagetv1_D/Videos/WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts

2016-10-31 22:14:35,105| DEBUG  | Getting media info from SageTV ...

2016-10-31 22:14:35,106| DEBUG  | openUrl: http://xxxx:yyyyy@sagetv1:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts&encoder=json

2016-10-31 22:14:35,137| ERROR  | openUrl: failed on: http://xxxx:yyyyy@sagetv1:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts&encoder=json: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known

2016-10-31 22:14:35,138| ERROR  | No media info from SageTV: WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts

My networking is set to Host and I've tried the privileged as both enabled and disabled, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Wondered if anyone has any insights or thoughts on the issue.

Thanks,

Ok hear is a problem i have found (i think)

i have quite a large library database (took 12+ hours to get all the metadata) and it was working

i issued a move command on my cache drive as i was running out of space  (just used the move button i have ) and now my library isn't working anymore the mount point i have for the config folder is /mnt/user/appdata/plex (so it should work ) but its not

any advice ? (dont want to spend 12+ hours to rebuild library

58aad82d77398_Plex_Issue_1.PNG.b76cbccc5d0276ba90d3618b4e3edc0b.PNG

Ok hear is a problem i have found (i think)

i have quite a large library database (took 12+ hours to get all the metadata) and it was working

i issued a move command on my cache drive as i was running out of space  (just used the move button i have ) and now my library isn't working anymore the mount point i have for the config folder is /mnt/user/appdata/plex (so it should work ) but its not

any advice ? (dont want to spend 12+ hours to rebuild library

What version of unRaid?  If on 6.1.x you shouldn't be using /mnt/user/appdata/... for any docker's config folder.  Always use /mnt/cache/appdata

If your appdata share is already set to cache only then there's no problem with running mover.  (as all mover would do is move your media over to the array)  If appdata is set to use cache=yes then it should still work no problems, but in that case you might want to set it to prefer and run mover again.

Also wouldn't be a bad idea to post your diagnostics as you may have something else completely going on

my library isn't working anymore the mount point i have for the config folder is /mnt/user/appdata/plex (so it should work )

Elaborate on this then... What's not working exactly...

Does the media appear and just not play (as in it can't find the files?)

the media isnt stored on the unraid server (using Unassigned Devices to map my Nas in the loft (to /mnt/disk/TV and /mnt/disk/movies (thats what it setup when i added and automounted them )

Because of this, you need to

- Change the mount points to /mnt/disksmovies and TV  (Only old versions of UD would allow you to mount where you did) (or maybe you just did a typo)

- Once its mounted in /mnt/disks, make sure that the access mode for those container / host volume paths to Plex are set to RW,Slave

oh sorry i meant metadata for the library (shows you what 36 hours of no sleep dose to you) :P

basicly all the metadata that plex indexed stopped working when i used the mover (allthough the metadata still exxists as a file ) i can use MC to see it

It should work sitting on the array, but you can move it back to the cache drive (it should be there anyways) by setting use cache=prefer and then run mover again.

oh sorry i meant metadata for the library (shows you what 36 hours of no sleep dose to you) :P

basicly all the metadata that plex indexed stopped working when i used the mover (allthough the metadata still exxists as a file ) i can use MC to see it

It should work sitting on the array, but you can move it back to the cache drive (it should be there anyways) by setting use cache=prefer and then run mover again.

i tryed that when you mentiend chaing the cache mode to pefer (it dint work)

so im giving up wasted 5 hours trying to fix this

deleteing plex and appdata and starting again

also sorry for spelling two tired (going to set his back up and go to bed and leave it for the night ) !!

I have an odd issue with CPU pinning with this docker.  I am using the following flags --memory=8GB --cpuset-cpus=3,7 but whenever I play a video and check the CPU usage on the Dashboard tab I only see CPU utilization for CPU 7.  CPU 3 always remains at sub 5%

Any thoughts?  I have tried with the flags in the Repository: section and the Extra Parameters:and there is no difference.  CPU 7 is pegged at 100% and CPU 3 is sub 5%

I'm trying to set up a new instance of PMS on my unRAID server, and the LinuxServer image created fine.  But, I am having one small issue.

I have installed the sageplex scanner to allow me to import sagetv shows and movies to Plex.  I have this all working on my sagetv box, but I want to offload the plex to my unRaid box. 

I am running unRaid 6.2.2, and my docker containers are fairly new, created under 6.2.1 in the last week.

I have one of my 6 Sagetv drives mapped in via Samba, and it's also shared into my docker container.

When I do a refresh on the Sagetv library I created, the sageplex container complains with the following error:

[525/528] Processing /sagetv1_D/Videos/WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts

2016-10-31 22:14:35,105| DEBUG  | Getting media info from SageTV ...

2016-10-31 22:14:35,106| DEBUG  | openUrl: http://xxxx:yyyyy@sagetv1:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts&encoder=json

2016-10-31 22:14:35,137| ERROR  | openUrl: failed on: http://xxxx:yyyyy@sagetv1:8080/sagex/api?c=plex:GetMediaFileForName&1=WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts&encoder=json: [Errno socket error] [Errno -2] Name or service not known

2016-10-31 22:14:35,138| ERROR  | No media info from SageTV: WomensCollegeVolleyball-FloridaatArkansas-22670825-0.ts

My networking is set to Host and I've tried the privileged as both enabled and disabled, but that doesn't seem to make a difference.

Wondered if anyone has any insights or thoughts on the issue.

Thanks,

So, just in case anyone else has this problem and stumbles upon it, the problem appeared to be the name resolution.  I guess my sagetv1 isn't an actual host name defined where it needs to be (router maybe, since that is my resolution source.  Guess I need to research that).  The quick solution is to replace my sagetv1 host name with the actual IP address (102.168.0.x) in the sageplex_cfg.json, and walla, scanner is banging heck out of my network as it's pulling all the show information and building my libraries.

I just switched to this docker and I'm encountering some problems.

1) I don't see anywhere to tell Plex where my media is. Previously I created paths to each Plex Category but there doesn't seem to be anywhere to add even a single path by default although the instructions imply there is

2) So I add a simple Path config and the following error pops up - Says something about 'Invalid volume destination path: 'LP' mount path must be absolute.' but I use all I did was provide a name and use the path select process /mnt/user etc

3) Then the Docker disappears and I am left with an empty orphan image file needing deleting?

4) The default config file should be on the cache but it isn't so this needs correcting every install?

5) Adding the Media path after a start (which Plex does though no media files just metadata) kills the image as per 2)

I did visit the Linuxserver.io forum where there are reports of others with problems.

Just tried the needo version and get this same error 'Invalid volume destination path: 'LP' mount path must be absolute'

Advice/help please