[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

It might be a bit premature, but just wanted to ask anyway.

Are you guys aware of the 1.4 beta enabling hardware acceleration? I am using the linuxserver.io plex docker and tried, by fiddling with the VERSION on the docker settings, to download the 1.4 beta. It seemed to update to 1.4, but hardware acceleration functionality didn't work (i have a celeron g1820 and i ticked the "hardware acceleration" box in the settings menu).

Do you know what is the reason for this? Would we need specific drivers that are missing from the docker?

It is a feature that the plex community has been asking for ages, so you can understand my enthusiasm :D

Thank you!

I got the problem sorted out yesteday, my vpn was acting up. I have another question though. I have plexpass and was trying to updated to 1.4 but I added the version in the docker settings but it wont update

If i remember correctly I tried this

x.x.x.xxxx-xxxxxxx as VERSION in the docker settings and it worked fine

*mod edit* no plexpass version numbers allowed ;)

It wont let me send PM for some reason but here it is below -

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="plex" --net="host" --privileged="true" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="xxxxxxxxxxx" -v "/mnt/user/storage/Media/":"/mnt/user/storage/Media/":rw -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex

6690f40c9605b3053cd88b267d8d236343c3cf113029f82a19162bd3ec9e3253

The command finished successfully!

Nevermind im an idiot haha. I can see version number is changed in plex. LOL 

Is there any way to tell if the hardware acceleration is working now. I was able to turn hardware acceleration on.

Unless you have compiled a new kernel with GPU support for unraid, you can't use hardware acceleration in Plex.

Ok that makes sense. I guess best option then would be plex in a vm with gpu passthrough?

That should work, yes. I believe 1.4 is a plexpass special beta release, so no you wont get a regular update for plexpass users. 1.3.3 is the latest plexpass release.

That was my impression also.

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Plex Docker where it's continually giving this error (The line number at the bottom changes):

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/data/jenkins/pms-deps-universal-v2/BUILD_TAG/linux-ubuntu-x86_64/output/pms-depends-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-release-11a0c7d/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 77, in emit
File "/data/jenkins/pms-deps-universal-v2/BUILD_TAG/linux-ubuntu-x86_64/output/pms-depends-linux-ubuntu-x86_64-release-11a0c7d/lib/python2.7/logging/handlers.py", line 136, in doRollover
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device
Logged from file networking.py, line 166

It just repeats endlessly while the docker is running. The docker.img is not full and recreating and upping the size of it showed no change. The docker is running on the cache pool of which 105 of 250GB is used. This seems to also be affecting other dockers, namely Binhex's delugevpn (if I try to download something), but Plex is the only one that returns it continuously. I am able to watch some media on the server but some load for about 30 sec before skipping. This problem has occurred before when I have downloaded too much to the cache drive at once but using the mover to move the data to the array has solved it. The amount that had to be downloaded in order to trigger the error has been getting smaller and smaller until this point where it is constant without even downloading anything. Not sure what is causing it because according to the unRAID menu the drive isn't even half full.

So an additional issue that I've now run into while writing this post is that the error that I'm seeing repeated in the log is from the built-in log viewer in unRAID's webui's docker menu, but when I go to the plex install directory I cannot find the log that reflects that.

Here http://pastebin.com/PAZXNfn0 is as much as I could see from the built-in viewer and then I've attached the Plex Media Server.log file (Where there is still instances of the error, but not constant) below. Any and all help is appreciated, Thanks.

Plex_Media_Server.log.txt

Hi, I'm having an issue with my Plex Docker where it's continually giving this error (The line number at the bottom changes):

It just repeats endlessly while the docker is running. The docker.img is not full and recreating and upping the size of it showed no change.

How large is your docker.img? If you have tried to fix this by making it larger you are probably doing something wrong. 20GB should be plenty.

I am considering moving from the Official LimeTech Plex docker to the LSIO version.

Would it be a valid strategy to stop the LimeTech docker, install the LSIO version (providing equivalent mappings), and just start it up?

I believe at this time both the public and plexpass versions (1.3.3.3148), and that would mean that I should be able to run one or the other dockers seamlessly.

Once convinced that the LSIO version is running properly, I can delete the old Plex Docker.

If that is not a good method, and there is another documented process, point me in the right direction. I did some searching and didn't find anything specific.

Thanks!

I am considering moving from the Official LimeTech Plex docker to the LSIO version.

Would it be a valid strategy to stop the LimeTech docker, install the LSIO version (providing equivalent mappings), and just start it up?

I believe at this time both the public and plexpass versions (1.3.3.3148), and that would mean that I should be able to run one or the other dockers seamlessly.

Once convinced that the LSIO version is running properly, I can delete the old Plex Docker.

If that is not a good method, and there is another documented process, point me in the right direction. I did some searching and didn't find anything specific.

Thanks!

You might make a copy of your plex appdata just in case, but if you point the LSIO docker to the existing plex appdata it should just work and it will use your existing plex library. I switched from needo plex like this quite a while ago.

I installed the LSIO docker and it wanted to install Plex. I guess the docker doesn't have any version installed. I was expecting it to just come up, but now realize that this should have been expected. i put the old docker back in place for now.

I installed the LSIO docker and it wanted to install Plex. I guess the docker doesn't have any version installed. I was expecting it to just come up, but now realize that this should have been expected. i put the old docker back in place for now.

Yes it will pull down the latest build, unpack and install it in the docker, then run some user-scripts. It will take a few minutes, give it some time.

Yes it will pull down the latest build, unpack and install it in the docker, then run some user-scripts. It will take a few minutes, give it some time.

This is an advantage some of LSIO dockers. You can update them yourself just be restarting them. Or you can use a specific version by telling it what version to use.

This is an advantage some of LSIO dockers. You can update them yourself just be restarting them. Or you can use a specific version by telling it what version to use.

That and the awesome support provided by the group of devs. ;)

That and the awesome support provided by the group of devs. ;)

The unRAID forums are a magical place!