[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

17 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

That's the one but if VERSION="2.13.0" is not a valid parameter.  Look here, VERSION should be either latest, plexpass or a specific version number, and 2.13.0 I can tell by looking isn't a valid one.   Not that I think this is contributing to your current issue.

Well...that used to be just 'latest'; but I futzed with it, to try and solve the issue.

3 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

And the other questions?  No idea where you got 2.13.0 from, PMS is only on version 1.43 I think. O.o

Obviously, I was looking at the version of the wrong thing. But 'latest' works, right; and that's what it was...when the issue just cropped up.

Edited by CDLehner
25 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@CDLehner 

By Plex logs I mean the ones in your /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Logs/

3 minutes ago, CDLehner said:

OK; I'll change Moonlight. Can you help me, with the "right" logs?

Thx

He already supplied you the info twice where the log is.

6 minutes ago, CDLehner said:

Thx

Not only change Moonlight, it would be a good idea to make sure you follow that convention for everything you add going forward from here.

8 minutes ago, CDLehner said:

Thx

OK; I changed Moonlight to Moonlight (2016); no update.

Lemme try and find this log file.

You know...you guys are INCREDIBLY helpful; and I understand your frustration. But please realize...this doesn't come as easily to some of us, as you. :$

Edited by CDLehner
2 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Not only change Moonlight, it would be a good idea to make sure you follow that convention for everything you add going forward from here.

Of course...I'll be aware of it going forward. But in my defense...247 titles, over years; and I've been OK, until a few weeks ago.

4 minutes ago, CDLehner said:

OK; I changed Moonlight to Moonlight (2016); no update.

Lemme try and find this log file.

You know...you guys are INCREDIBLY helpful; and I understand your frustration. But please realize...this doesn't come as easily to some of us, as you. :$

I also sent you a PM..

I had the linuxserver.io version of plex running very smooth for a little over 2wks. I can truly appreciate the snappy navigation of plex in a docker & ease of linuxserver.io's update process...it worked wonderfully!!! However, the docker is no longer launching; my streaming devices cannot find the server & I keep getting "This site can't be reached" (chrome & IE) when attempting to access the plex WebUI. I've tried an un&re-install of the docker, but no change. The plex docker log is continuously displaying "Starting Plex Media Server."...partial log attached. I even tried the binhex & limetech docker versions as well...still no love.

I can only think of one thing that I've recently done that could be affecting the docker from launching. Which was my "attempt" to setup a rsync session with another local storage server; without having to input a ssh password each time & also binding transfers over a 10GbE direct connection.

I digress, I'm not at all good with linux so I followed along with a youtube tutorial. One of the commands was **chmod600/root/.ssh/authorized_keys**. I didn't know at the time but as you linux vets may very well know, the chmod command pertains to the access permissions (read/write in this case). 

A member from another forum mentioned having to modify his chmod to get his linuxserver.io plex version working. It got me thinking that the key generation/transfer or chmod settings in the youtube tutorial had something to do with derailing my unRAID plex experience :-(

I could very well be off base with this theory & nothing during the process is the culprit but any feedback/assistance would be GREATLY appreciated as I would love to be pleXing again through unRAID. In the meantime, I've been using plex through the other local server, but the unRAID hardware/docker makes the experience a lot snappier.

Another thing, the rsync setup didn't fully work as anticipated :-(

I was able to ssh in the other server (putty) & make some transfers but haven't been able to effectively bind the transfers to the 10GbE direct connection. This the least of my concerns at the moment though.

linuxserver.io docker install page2 - 4Mar'17.jpg

linuxserver.io plex LOG after fresh docker install2 - 4Mar'17.jpg

Edited by kleyden
18 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

@CDLehner Plex is scanning /movies, and in your docker run command you've got movies in /movies-BD and movies in /movies-SD

You done some folder reconfiguration?

Bear with me here:

Again...nothing that wasn't working before; but...

/movie is my share...and I want Plex scanning all the movies in there. But I have "volumes", mapped for different libraries; like /movies-BD, /movies-SD, etc.

v11.png.0ba92cd624233858abc813c1bae728c4.png

Edited by CDLehner
Just now, CDLehner said:

Bear with me here:

Again...nothing that wasn't working before; but...

/movie is my share...and I want Plex scanning all the movies in there. But I have "volumes", mapped for different libraries; like /movies-BD, /movies-SD, etc.

v11.png.0ba92cd624233858abc813c1bae728c4.png

What folder is moonlight in?