[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

22 minutes ago, CHBMB said:

Going to mark @CDLehner's issue as solved via PM.  (movies-BD was mapped to /movies not /movies-BD within Plex)

Yes; and many thanks to CHBMB!

I think like a lot of guys, who don't understand this stuff...backwards and forwards; it does still confuse me, how the set-up error...could have worked for months, and then not.

But...I'm just happy to have it working again.

@CHBMB I should have known that's what you were looking for...I had recently deleted it from appdata. I've re-installed the docker & it seems to have the proper permissions...

root@unLeyden:~# ls -la /mnt/user/appdata/
total 16
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 26 Mar  5 19:27 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 68 Mar  4 00:21 ../
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users 14 Mar  5 19:26 PleXa-SauRus2/

BTW, the docker is still not working

Edited by kleyden

@CHBMB

Essentially that's the same appdata folder with a different path; but that did it brother man...plex seems to be functioning as expected again!!!

So, does that mean their is still some residual data linked to the initial path, even after I deleted it through MC, that was causing this to not function?

It's an issue with the fuse fs on Unraid.... supposed to be fixed and it only seems to affect some users, haven't worked iut why yet though.

@kleyden   In your Unraid webui settings

shares => appdata 

What have you got set for Use cache disk: and Enable Copy-on-write: ?

Edited by CHBMB
9 hours ago, CHBMB said:

It's an issue with the fuse fs on Unraid.... supposed to be fixed and it only seems to affect some users, haven't worked iut why yet though.

ive raised a bug for this but got bogged down in the toing and froing between LT and myself, it def is a bug that exists, the slightly worrying thing is by default LT suggest a fuse path for appdata (/mnt/user/appdata), i think you chimed in too on this particular issue @CHBMB it might be worth bringing this up again.

I went ahead and installed Plex Media Server from linuxserver, but when I run the WebGUI, in the top left-hand corner I get the message:

Looking for servers ...

A server could not be found. Download and install Plex Media Server, and it will appear here.

screen_capture04.JPG.1e480c293547b20f7fcc68ea9bfc1f76.JPG

The following is the Docker Run Command:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/user/appdata/plex":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
4d3227607bcf2f4f482c75ec82da423687926fb03282b645d8ba29c7411d0c7a

Also, here's the docker container's log:

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing...

-------------------------------------
_ _ _
| |___| (_) ___
| / __| | |/ _ \
| \__ \ | | (_) |
|_|___/ |_|\___/
|_|

Brought to you by linuxserver.io
We gratefully accept donations at:
https://www.linuxserver.io/donations/
GID/UID
User uid: 99
User gid: 100

[cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: executing...
[cont-init.d] 30-dbus: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing...
[cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: executing...

#####################################################
# Login via the webui at http://<ip>:32400/web #
# and restart the docker, because there was no #
# plex token found in the preference file #

[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting dbus-daemon
Starting Plex Media Server.
[services.d] done.
dbus[268]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

socket() failed: Address family not supported by protocol

Failed to create IPv6 socket, proceeding in IPv4 only mode

Joining mDNS multicast group on interface virbr0.IPv4 with address 192.168.122.1.
New relevant interface virbr0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.17.0.1.
New relevant interface docker0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 10.134.50.50.
New relevant interface br0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for 192.168.122.1 on virbr0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 172.17.0.1 on docker0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 10.134.50.50 on br0.IPv4.
Server startup complete. Host name is NPIC145C8.local. Local service cookie is 341767704.

I'm new to unRaid and Docker and I would appreciate any help with this. Thank you.

screen_capture04.JPG

1 hour ago, Positivo58 said:

I went ahead and installed Plex Media Server from linuxserver, but when I run the WebGUI, in the top left-hand corner I get the message:

Looking for servers ...

I get that occasionally, Try closing the Plex webUI and opening it again. If that still doesn't do it, try logging out of Plex and logging in again.

43 minutes ago, Positivo58 said:

Hello. I tried your suggestion, but unfortunately, I did not work for me. Thank you.

Try deleting /mnt/user/appdata/plex and then try again, but this time change /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex  and grab the logs from that initial startup, then if it doesn't work, post them here.

1 hour ago, CHBMB said:

Try deleting /mnt/user/appdata/plex and then try again, but this time change /mnt/user/appdata/plex to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex  and grab the logs from that initial startup, then if it doesn't work, post them here.

I went ahead and made the location of the config:

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name="Plex" --net="host" -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="unRAID" -e "PUID"="99" -e "PGID"="100" -e "VERSION"="latest" -v "/mnt/cache/appdata/plex":"/config":rw linuxserver/plex
707aa47c6c81405099befb5ac336ca504d4451e47a3c415ca5f25b2dca4d216d

The command finished successfully!

When I ran the WebGUI again, I still have the same issue. Here's the log:

# Login via the webui at http://<ip>:32400/web #
# and restart the docker, because there was no #
# preference file found, possibly first startup. #

[cont-init.d] 50-plex-update: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
Starting Plex Media Server.
Starting dbus-daemon
[services.d] done.
dbus[266]: [system] org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Failed to set fd limit to 65536: Operation not permitted

Starting Avahi daemon
Found user 'avahi' (UID 106) and group 'avahi' (GID 107).
Successfully dropped root privileges.
avahi-daemon 0.6.32-rc starting up.
No service file found in /etc/avahi/services.
*** WARNING: Detected another IPv4 mDNS stack running on this host. This makes mDNS unreliable and is thus not recommended. ***

Failed to create IPv6 socket, proceeding in IPv4 only mode

Joining mDNS multicast group on interface virbr0.IPv4 with address 192.168.122.1.
New relevant interface virbr0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface docker0.IPv4 with address 172.17.0.1.
New relevant interface docker0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Joining mDNS multicast group on interface br0.IPv4 with address 10.134.50.50.
New relevant interface br0.IPv4 for mDNS.
Network interface enumeration completed.
Registering new address record for 192.168.122.1 on virbr0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 172.17.0.1 on docker0.IPv4.
Registering new address record for 10.134.50.50 on br0.IPv4.
Server startup complete. Host name is NPIC145C8.local. Local service cookie is 1765669136.
Exception AttributeError: "'ZipArchive' object has no attribute '_zip'" in <bound method ZipArchive.__del__ of <Framework.components.data.ZipArchive object at 0x2b7d9a882190>> ignored

Hi - forgive my ignorance on this, and accept apologies in advance if I'm doing anything wrong. I looked (briefly, admittedly) to see if anyone else was experiencing this.

I had to redo my Plex a while back, and it seems like the system now uses 100% of the CPU 100% of the time, once Plex is started. I have a gigantic library, so it could be updating stuff like thumbnails, but my drive isn't getting any smaller.

I'm using Unassigned Devices to mount an SSD for Plex only. It's set as a Slave in the docker. If log files or whatever are needed, let me know what settings to turn on for the logging and I'll include those. If someone else has awareness, or this is answered earlier in the thread, thank you to anyone who can assist.

Not sure if there's an answer to this, and I know not everyone has Plex Pass, but is there an option for us to be able to do post processing of DVR'd shows?  I know that there's an option for a post processing script in the DVR section, and there's some guides out there that show how to do it with MCEBuddy and Comskip and a post processing script, but I think that only really applies to people running it on Windows, Linux, or Mac.  Are we out in the cold when it comes to this, and our only real option is to come up with something outside of Plex that removes the commercials from shows after Plex has recorded the show and puts it into the library?

EDIT:  Guess I should have searched the thread first, looks like someone asked a few months ago:

Edited by mlounsbury
Searched the thread and found the answer

I've just started using Plex Docker on Unraid. Plex version 1.4.3.3433.

Upon adding fresh media everything works fine. However, when I restart the server, the media won't play. It is still recognised by Plex (showing in the library), but simply won't play. I try restarting the docker etc but that still doesn't work.

Interestingly, everything seemed to be working fine in LimeTech version of Plex Docker, which I think is 1.3 ****, so might be a fault on the Plex end. Does anyone have any suggestions?

11 minutes ago, leejbarker said:

I've just started using Plex Docker on Unraid. Plex version 1.4.3.3433.

Upon adding fresh media everything works fine. However, when I restart the server, the media won't play. It is still recognised by Plex (showing in the library), but simply won't play. I try restarting the docker etc but that still doesn't work.

Interestingly, everything seemed to be working fine in LimeTech version of Plex Docker, which I think is 1.3 ****, so might be a fault on the Plex end. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Ok, I've fixed my error.

I had previously set my Transcoding folder to use RAM instead of the Cache. I looked through the Plex Server log and saw there was a permission error on the Transcoding part.

I changed the Transcoding folder to the Cache / Appdata folder and it's working normally again.

13 hours ago, mlounsbury said:

Not sure if there's an answer to this, and I know not everyone has Plex Pass, but is there an option for us to be able to do post processing of DVR'd shows?  I know that there's an option for a post processing script in the DVR section, and there's some guides out there that show how to do it with MCEBuddy and Comskip and a post processing script, but I think that only really applies to people running it on Windows, Linux, or Mac.  Are we out in the cold when it comes to this, and our only real option is to come up with something outside of Plex that removes the commercials from shows after Plex has recorded the show and puts it into the library?

EDIT:  Guess I should have searched the thread first, looks like someone asked a few months ago:

There is a possibility to run a post process script for the DVR version I'm told and you can use it on unraid. We have not added comskip to Plex as Plex doesn't support the comskip file that tells the player where to jump to. Comskip doesn't cut the recorded files at all. It just writes it to an index file for the player to read.

Mcebuddy is windows only as far as I know.

Hi, just migrated to unraid 6.3.2 after been on 5.0.5 for a very long time :)
Trying to add this Plex docker, but when adding https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/plex/ (from first post) to the list of Template repositories, I do not get any new Plex mediaservers, just the default from LimeTech (who aparently do not update plex any more)

Can someone please point me in the right direction?
Thank you