[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

46 minutes ago, seefilms said:

hexen and saarg, what do I have to do to get 'system status' to come up. I'm having issues with my system and I'm trying to figure out what's going on. That might help. BTW, wish I had a Haswell processor!

Not sure what you mean by system status. Do you mean the CPU use? Its on the dashboard tab of unraid.

I'm trying to set things up the most effectively without loosing any performance so this may be a silly question however I haven't been able to find the answer I'm looking for:

Do I point my library to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library on the cache drive (this also is set up with parity cache drive) or should I be pointing things directly to the array?

Cheers

5 minutes ago, kdoubt said:

Do I point my library to /mnt/cache/appdata/plex/Library on the cache drive (this also is set up with parity cache drive) or should I be pointing things directly to the array?

Sorry, but most of that doesn't really make much sense. Do you have any other working dockers? You might try looking at the Docker FAQ and see if you can clarify your question.

I just migrated from the 'official' lime tech plex docker to this one and flex is now having trouble playing/finding my media.  I copied my old plex application support folder to the new instance and it pulled all my metadata and settings over, which is great, but when I try to play a movie its telling me the media is not available.

My docker setting are:

PUID 99

PGID 100

VERSION: public

media: /mnt/user/Media/ (Same as before)

Any idea why its not working?

1 minute ago, brisimmons105 said:

I just migrated from the 'official' lime tech plex docker to this one and flex is now having trouble playing/finding my media.  I copied my old plex application support folder to the new instance and it pulled all my metadata and settings over, which is great, but when I try to play a movie its telling me the media is not available.

My docker setting are:

PUID 99

PGID 100

VERSION: public

media: /mnt/user/Media/ (Same as before)

Any idea why its not working?

Not unless I can compare the old and new docker container setup.  

12 minutes ago, brisimmons105 said:

Here are screenshots.  The one just called 'plex' is the new linuxserver.io version.

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 9.00.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-03-12 at 9.01.48 PM.png

Your limetech plex has a container path of "/Media" but your linuxserver plex has a container path of "/media". These are not the same and if you are using a copy of the same library then it is expecting to find everything in "/Media". You will have to change your linuxserver container path to "/Media".

Ugh. Thanks - also, I seem to have messed something else up.  While troubleshooting, I checked the privileged box to see if that would fix it (it didn't), and then I unchecked it.  Now that I unchecked it, my server won't even show up.  Browser and devices won't pull it up at all. Any clue as to what may have happened?

1 minute ago, brisimmons105 said:

Ugh. Thanks - also, I seem to have messed something else up.  While troubleshooting, I checked the privileged box to see if that would fix it (it didn't), and then I unchecked it.  Now that I unchecked it, my server won't even show up.  Browser and devices won't pull it up at all. Any clue as to what may have happened?

I wouldn't think that would have broken anything, but you can try removing the container and recreate it from the template.

Hello guys,

Pretty new with unraid and docker. I enabled docker and install the plexmediaserver app. When I opened the webui, the plex webpage was stuck in "Looking for servers".

I have the plex set to host. My unraid version is 6.3.2. I am using the trial version of unraid and haven't subscribed to plex yet. I just want to see if this is going to work, so far have not gotten any luck yet. I watched some youtube videos, and it looks pretty straight forward, but in my case it is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I have had this docker working for some time now, but I am now seeing an influx of:

Sqlite3: Sleeping for 200ms to retry busy DB. 

In the Log file.

I've launched a console and tried to run some troubleshooting commands to see if it was a corrupted database, but it doesn't appear that the sqlite3 binary is available?

Any help would be great, this is causing some crashes/lock ups as it can't access the database for some time (until I restart the docker, which probably doesn't help the database health)

Thanks

9 hours ago, pingmanping said:

Hello guys,

Pretty new with unraid and docker. I enabled docker and install the plexmediaserver app. When I opened the webui, the plex webpage was stuck in "Looking for servers".

I have the plex set to host. My unraid version is 6.3.2. I am using the trial version of unraid and haven't subscribed to plex yet. I just want to see if this is going to work, so far have not gotten any luck yet. I watched some youtube videos, and it looks pretty straight forward, but in my case it is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I  believe you need to create an account with Plex.tv, whether you choose to purchase a plexpass or not, an account is still needed.

I just got Plex DVR setup on my unRAID box with this docker image and started testing recorded shows.

The thing is, I am unable to delete any recorded shows from a Windows explorer window. If I enable the delete feature within Plex, I can then delete recorded shows from within the Plex player, but i still can't delete them from the Windows explorer window

I'm being told that I require permission from Unix\999 to make changes to this folder/file (as shown in the attached image). Any idea what is going on here and how I could fix it?

This is preventing me to from running MCEBuddy from my desktop PC to cut out commercials from my unRAID PC (two different PCs).

Image 002.png

15 minutes ago, GENINC said:

Plex seems to be always transcoding, I try to play back original quality through a receiver that is capable of decoding the DTS HD Master and True HD Codec but for some reason plex always transcodes to h264 and 2 channel audio. Playback is through a WIN10 HTPC. Log is attached.

aja-diagnostics-20170319-1558.zip

TBH, this is better directed at the Plex forums as it is to do with the Plex app not the docker itself.