[Support] Linuxserver.io - Plex Media Server

15 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

yes it does... the only that that is amiss about the server of recent... replaced a data disk that also needed to have it's tree rebuilt... and shortly after that the parity drive failed... 

I just put in the new parity drive and it's building now... so I would understand if things ran slowly... but... it's had enough time to settle that plex should be responsive... 

Also... the Phaze plugin version has the same issue... the only strange thing there that I can point out is that it's reporting the following....

"

Total Storage Usage: 9479 MB

• Install Directory: 4862 MB
  • Config Directory: 4617 MB
  • Transcode Directory: 0 MB

"

on a new install...

You aren't running the plugin and docker at the same time are you?

no... I was not... 

Also I was having issues with playback before I started to try and fix the problems... My last option is to install a vm and try and host the plex server there... that's not the preferred option... but I am at a lose for what the issue is... but on the bright side it will give me the chance to clean up my server folders...

38 minutes ago, mathomas3 said:

no... I was not... 

Also I was having issues with playback before I started to try and fix the problems... My last option is to install a vm and try and host the plex server there... that's not the preferred option... but I am at a lose for what the issue is... but on the bright side it will give me the chance to clean up my server folders...

Do you have linuxserver plex installed now? DId it ever work for you? Do you have any other working dockers?

2 minutes ago, trurl said:

Do you have linuxserver plex installed now? DId it ever work for you? Do you have any other working dockers?

I am installing the linux server now... but I was running the docker version for the past 8 months... and when it failed i switched back to the plugin version... which worked for a few months.... and then started having issues...

perhaps plex is not able to handle the size of my collection?

8 hours ago, mathomas3 said:

I am installing the linux server now... but I was running the docker version for the past 8 months... and when it failed i switched back to the plugin version... which worked for a few months.... and then started having issues...

perhaps plex is not able to handle the size of my collection?

Did you already give us this?

I need some help!  I've been using unraid for a year now and its been great but recently come across this across this error (appearing on all linuxserver.io dockers) -

'Error: Error while pulling image: Get https://index.docker.io/v1/repositories/linuxserver/plex/images: dial tcp: lookup index.docker.io: connection timed out'

I'm not experiencing any net issues and it recognises an update is required across all of my containers but gives the same error.

Any help would be great. 

Thanks

On 3/8/2017 at 10:23 AM, saarg said:

There is a possibility to run a post process script for the DVR version I'm told and you can use it on unraid. We have not added comskip to Plex as Plex doesn't support the comskip file that tells the player where to jump to. Comskip doesn't cut the recorded files at all. It just writes it to an index file for the player to read.

Mcebuddy is windows only as far as I know.

Actually we could use comskip as long as we have mkvtool as well.

Here is some info for it.

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/232408/postproccessing-usage-examples/p1

Would love to see this make it into the docker.

Edited by Syco54645

Just as an FYI I suppose to anyone who might get this same issue... I installed this docker and got it up and running no problem, could stream locally to my Windows machines and Xbox one without issue. On the web UI I was getting the message "Fully accessible outside your network" with the green checkmark and everything. However, on my Android install of Plex (my cell phone) I kept getting an error "direct connection unavailable." I could see my server name in the list of available servers, but instead of being Directly connected, There was a label of "indirect" on the server name. Apparently that means there is some sort of connectivity issue and Plex uses some sort of relay system to connect my phone over the cellular network to my server, which results in forced transcoding and crap for quality. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I fixed it by changing the networking mode of this docker from Host to Bridged then back again. I don't think this really changed anything aside from rebuilding the docker image, but all is well now.

4 hours ago, master.h said:

Just as an FYI I suppose to anyone who might get this same issue... I installed this docker and got it up and running no problem, could stream locally to my Windows machines and Xbox one without issue. On the web UI I was getting the message "Fully accessible outside your network" with the green checkmark and everything. However, on my Android install of Plex (my cell phone) I kept getting an error "direct connection unavailable." I could see my server name in the list of available servers, but instead of being Directly connected, There was a label of "indirect" on the server name. Apparently that means there is some sort of connectivity issue and Plex uses some sort of relay system to connect my phone over the cellular network to my server, which results in forced transcoding and crap for quality. I'm not sure what the issue was, but I fixed it by changing the networking mode of this docker from Host to Bridged then back again. I don't think this really changed anything aside from rebuilding the docker image, but all is well now.

Not seen that issue before.  I suspect it was the restarting process forcing Plex to update the DNS record that fixed it rather than the change from host => bridge => host

@CHBMB You're probably right, just resetting the container caused some sort of DNS update. Whatever it actually did, it's working now with now issues.

@mr-hexen I am aware of the quality settings on the android client; I've had Plex Media Server running in a Windows VM in ESX for quite some time now, and never saw this "indirect" connection to the server; very likely it was because of some DNS thing like CHBMB suggested. I could be misunderstanding what I saw on Plex forums, but what I found made it sound like the "indirect" connection status meant that Plex Media Server was employing some sort of relay service to reach my android client, and that relay service was forcing transcoding and quality settings. I'm sure I could have changed them on the android client, but the impression I got was that changing these settings wouldn't have actually fixed the issue. Could be wrong though, it was getting pretty late (for me, anyway).

14 hours ago, CHBMB said:

Not seen that issue before.  I suspect it was the restarting process forcing Plex to update the DNS record that fixed it rather than the change from host => bridge => host

I haven't experienced this issue before either and no matter how many times I had restarted Plex or rebooted unRAID the issue persists. 

Though, the host to bridge to host change did make a difference for like two minutes. Now back to same issue as master.h 

Edited by net2wire

I was wondering if anyone could help with a little troubleshooting, seem to be having some performance issues which is super annoying as I just upgraded the CPU... Think its down to transcoding or the way direct play is handled not entirley sure.

I used to have a Intel i3 with just over 4k passmark, now upgraded to an intel i7 4790 with just over 10k passmark. However still getting your connection is too slow... Isnt this when it should just transcode?

I have transcode setup to its own share on an SSD

so in lsio plex docker path looks like

name: /transcode

container path: /transcode

host path: /mnt/user/transcode/

access mode: read/write

In plex

Transcoder quality: automatic

Transcoder temporary directory is set to: /transcode

Its not my ISP as I have 20MB/s upload

ok just noticed Limit remote stream bitrate was set to: Original (no limit) changed that to 8 Mbps (1080p)

Is there anything else I could do to improve performance? I have 16GB memory installed and have read people transcoding to /tmp using ram disk but then I will probably need double my memory if not more?

Any help would be great as at the moment the i7 upgrade seems wasted. Hopefully I have just done something wrong.

4 hours ago, bally12345 said:

I'm using Amazon Fire tv Gen1 but same issue with a Gen2 on Virgin media 100mb download connection... Il try a few other clients.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is /mnt/user/transcode/ a cache only share or a share on the protected array?

What does this mean? The array normally refers to the parity-protected disks. I guess the cache pool could be considered a non-protected array if it was raid0.

No parity or cache disk. Unraid with single 128gb SSD. All my data is on another unraid server which I have unassigned devices plugin and SMB mounts

6 minutes ago, bally12345 said:

No parity or cache disk. Unraid with single 128gb SSD. All my data is on another unraid server which I have unassigned devices plugin and SMB mounts

Oh yeah, like it says in your sig.O.o

K I am having a big problem and it just happened recently.

I've used plex for years now and have never had a problem like this.

It simply will not play certain things. It says "Server too slow" but I know its not. Not even using much CPU. PlexPy says transcoder is under 1x which is weird.

Its really unexplained. Things I know.

- It happens with all dockers. Not just LinuxServer. 

- I've reapplied permissions. Still nothing.

- It only happens on some of the recent movie/tv shows I've added. But not all.

- Direct play works fine. Its only when I transcode it.

I honestly don't know whats going on here. Can someone help?

Plex Media Server Logs_2017-04-09_12-03-21.zip